Favorite Vagabond covers (or just check 'em out!)

Which Vagabond volume cover is your favorite?

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Here's a thread for new, old, or non-fans alike; check out the Vagabond covers, pick your favorite, and talk about it (or them as the case may be). Whether you've read Vagabond or not, you can enjoy the eye candy, though I suspect readers may be swayed by their overall favorite volume. :mushigrin:

These thumbnails don't do them justice, so I suggest looking at the larger versions linked to each.

Oh, and here's the Vagabond Inn volume information section where these images are from:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9973.0

Click thumbnails to enlarge:

viz29.jpg

jv31.jpg

Damn it's so hard to choose a favorite cover when they all look beautiful. I want to choose cover 29 but then I also want to choose cover 9. ( I can never make up my mind.) :mozgus:

EDIT* Okay I guess in the end I did choose one. Can anyone guess which one I chose. :troll:

Griffith

I know what you mean, I'm really struggling with which one to pick, and I made the thread! I have it narrowed down to... about a dozen. I think I've just spent too much time staring at each individual one during readings. :mushiugh:

slan69 said:
EDIT* Okay I guess in the end I did choose one. Can anyone guess which one I chose. :troll:

:mushilaugh:

宮本 グリフィス said:
I know what you mean, I'm really struggling with which one to pick, and I made the thread! I have it narrowed down to... about a dozen. I think I've just spent too much time staring at each individual one during readings. :mushiugh:

Hahaha, me to. When I read Vagabond I do the same thing. By the way did you vote for cover 25? Any vote for a cover of Vagabond is a good vote to me. :mushigrin:

I voted for volume 26 simply because Musashi is wielding twin swords, something he perfects later on in his life. Volume 9 is quite nice too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've always had a strange love for vol 21's simple cover.

Though the above statement is perfectly true, I just fell in love at first sight with vol 31's cover. Vote changed!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
slan69 said:
Damn it's so hard to choose a favorite cover when they all look beautiful. I want to choose cover 29 but then I also want to choose cover 9. ( I can never make up my mind.) :mozgus:

slan69 said:
Good to hear about the updates Griff. I have got to say that my favourite cover for Vagabond is volume 29. :slan:
So you had a favorite all along. So 9 is a distant second. As for me I voted for 24, this is the second time we see Kojiro and Musashi in the cover, but this time more mature and with "sticks".
I just really liked that line Musashi says to Kojiro "Hey, what are you doing to my snowman".

Griffith

slan69 said:
By the way did you vote for cover 25?

Yeah, it was after some deliberation while looking at my actual copies. You can't really tell in the tiny pic, but the Viz cover is very sharp and nuanced with an interesting composition. So it basically combined a lot of the things I was considering other covers for, plus, it doesn't hurt that I really like that volume. My other favorites were 13, 18 (again, the little picture doesn't do it justice), 20, 21 (for the same reason as Wally), 24 (mainly for the composition), 26 (mainly for concept), and a half dozen others. :mushilaugh:

Th3Branded0ne said:
I just really liked that line Musashi says to Kojiro "Hey, what are you doing to my snowman".

Haha, I like that line a lot to.

宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, it was after some deliberation while looking at my actual copies. You can't really tell in the tiny pic, but the Viz cover is very sharp and nuanced with an interesting composition. So it basically combined a lot of the things I was considering other covers for, plus, it doesn't hurt that I really like that volume. My other favorites were 13, 18 (again, the little picture doesn't do it justice), 20, 21 (for the same reason as Wally), 24 (mainly for the composition), 26 (mainly for concept), and a half dozen others. :mushilaugh:

Ah so basically you love all the covers like me right? :mushigrin:

Reading all the other posts in this thread makes me think "damn, that actually is a really nice cover..."

Even though I voted for 26, I don't think I could ultimately say it's my absolute favorite. Every cover is amazing in its own regard

Griffith

Even better versions of the covers can be found here:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10834.0

or

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/jv01.jpg

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/vizl01.jpg

Just change 01 to 02 for the next cover, and so on. I'm really loving volume 31's cover all over again.

Griffith

Eluvei said:
I voted 25. I like how Musashi's looking right at us and doesn't seem surprised at all. :rakshas:

That's the one I voted for as well, and one of my favorite points in the story.

BTW, I also updated the first post in the thread to include all the large versions of the covers from the volumes section. Just click on the covers to see the full size. Still missing are large versions of Viz 29, and the JP cover of 31.

Top Bottom