8 Mile

Long time no see, na? ;D
I saw this Friday night and walked away with some serious adrenaline and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Definitely not what I expected in many ways. Thoughts? Flames? Oysters?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

8%20Inch.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I saw it tonight as well. I went in not expecting that much... well, that's not totally honest. I had heard from Griff (an avid Ebert fan apparently...) that he had given the movie 3/4 stars. That says something, as this is a movie coming from a RAPPER, where the ability to fail utterly is extremely high.

And ultimately, that's the cushion that saves this movie. It's a good movie; there's nothing inherently wrong with it. On the other hand, there's nothing uplifting it to the level to where it can compete with a 4 star movie.

Among my biggest complaints is the lack of a total breakdown of the main character. I felt he was on the verge of a total Beast-esque insanity, but it just built tension leading to a mild payoff. I, as usual, was the only one to be dissapointed by the payoff. The group I saw the movie with said it was "SO INTENSE!" I just don't agree.

But go see it. It's got good motivation, and this movie just had to be made; if only to justify Eminem's stardom.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DemonEyesKyo said:
Great movie, and Brittany Murphy is CRAZY hot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shes also a total fucking FREAK in the movie. I wanted to slap her around the whole time.

Top Bottom