Mozgus Statue (Work In Progress)

Well I'm working on a Mozgus statue in my spare time. I've done about 2 days of work, but considering work takes up a good majority of my time(military), I have to wait until the weekends to get work done. Since it's no longer a lump of polymer and resembles something of a figure I thought I'd share it with you all. He's leaning weird because he has no legs by the way. :mozgus:

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

mozgus.jpg
mozgus3.jpg
mozgus5.jpg

Hey ixupi, that's quite a good stuff you show us here !
Have to say that the 'pleats' are really good, good precision, good direction, really waiting to see the final result, keep it up !!

Glad to share with you guys. This is my first berserk statue and in reality, my first statue. I'm a warhammer fan though and have done some miniature sculpting in the past. This is by far the largest work I've done. He'll stand around 8 inches when he is finished. I'll try and post an update a bit later tonight.

8" that's a pretty good size. From the looks of your picture I thought Mozguz was going to about 4". Can't wait to see the finished Mozguz, keep up the great work. :casca:

Impressive, especially at that size! Really looking forward to how this turns out. Maybe worth it to put a quarter or something beside the statue in the next pic, give people an idea just how big it is.

Took a few more pictures for you guys to give a better sense of size. Added in a quarter as suggested. Was busy today so I was only able to work around the collar region. Basically working in all the shapes before I refine them.

By the way. Is there any official colored pictures of Mozgus? I'm looking for reference when it comes time to paint him.

As far as why Mozgus? Because he is awesome. :mozgus: Also, there is a lack of art of war products aside from what I think was a small bonus that came along with an exclusive, right?

I'm having a lot of fun sculpting and can't wait to finish him up and get started on another even. I'll probly end up doing an obscure character but if SK.net had any suggestions I might consider.

DSC00387.jpg
DSC00390.jpg
DSC00391.jpg
DSC00392.jpg
DSC00393.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ixupi said:
By the way. Is there any official colored pictures of Mozgus? I'm looking for reference when it comes time to paint him.

From the TCG:

Mozgus05.jpg

ixupi said:
As far as why Mozgus? Because he is awesome. :mozgus: Also, there is a lack of art of war products aside from what I think was a small bonus that came along with an exclusive, right?

Yeah, it came as an exclusive with Zodd III Zodd Senma.

ixupi said:
I'm having a lot of fun sculpting and can't wait to finish him up and get started on another even. I'll probly end up doing an obscure character but if SK.net had any suggestions I might consider.

How about the Moonlight Boy? He's never been done and likely won't ever be. :slan:

Wow, fantastic work! I've got to say, he's even bigger than I thought, and I wasn't thinking 'small'.

ixupi said:

Y'know, I'd love to see you to a Puck. :puck: There's a fantastic number of creative poses and settings you could place him in - or any member of the God hand! Silat is another sadly under-represented character, which I'm sure more than a few would have a keen interest in. :rakshas:

Y'know... hm. Schierke is another under-represented character in official figures, and a (currently) main character at that; y'know; hm. I realize I'm tempted by the idea of modding a pre-existing doll to become her - my girlfriend likes to sew clothes for dolls, and if I managed to put together something close to that... hm.

But yes, first; I'm terribly curious to find out how your Mozgus is doing!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been rather lazy. I've had a four day weekend and spent it sitting on my ass. But I did however do a little work today.

-Started working on his book.
-Modified and cast a behelit out of resin.
-Smoothed him out with sand paper.
-Started work on his hand.
-Re-did hat's fur piping as I had a problem with the previous.
-Re-working the cloth's edging.

Anyways, I'm going to be working a bit every day now. So it should be a bit more consistent if slow. I've been toying around with casting and mold making(hence the behelit). It will make for a much sturdier final product in the end. I plan on making a series of various colored behelits to get me familiar with casting. Probly red, green and blue. Anyways, here's some shots.

moz1.jpg
moz2.jpg
moz3.jpg
moz4.jpg
moz5.jpg

Armando said:
Woah! The hand seems a little too big (compared with the head) but the other parts are great :mozgus: XD ! The Bible too!

I disagree, I think it's good this way, to show the power of the character.

Very good evolution, and the beherit is really clean ! Amazing work !

Top Bottom