Bad Things That Happened To Your Berserk Manga

I know a lot of us are pretty big fans. If anyone here is like me, they feel a lot for the Berserk Manga that they purchase. So I would think this would set up some interesting stories for how fans may have accidentally brought harm to they're beloved Berserk Manga/DVDs.

-I got to say I am guilty of creasing the cover page on some of my volumes. More so early on until I started to take notice, then I stopped. I really kick myself for doing it. But for the most part I wasn't even realizing I was even doing it. I know a lot of readers out there hate it when people crease book covers. I learned my lesson.

-One think I hate so much is the "Parental Advisory" stickers on these covers. Its like a freaking mini game "See if you can get this sticker off with out tearing the page coating off." Out of the 22 volumes I own, I have torn a bit off of one, and man did I flip.

-I find myself consistantly second guessing myself wether or not to take the posters in some of these volumes out. I do want to hang them up. But you know, I learned my lesson. It would be like disarming a bomb to a small degree.

ZeroEO

Barguts
I dropped one of my books once and it bent the cover a little, I can't bare to look at it. I've never had a problem with taking the parental advisory stickers on these covers, they've always came off nice. One of them left some sticky stuff on the cover that I had to rub off but other than that my have been good. When I was re-reading the manga I was taking 4 or 5 of them to work and had to put them in my bag, so the bottom corners have rounded a bit but nothing major.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I've managed to carefully remove every single "PARENTAL ADVISORY" sticker from my 30 Dark Horse books. However, I have not managed to keep my old roommate from water-damaging a whole slew of them.

I got him into Berserk through the anime, then I insisted he read my copies of the manga. Little did I know, his favorite place to read is in the bath. The worst damaged one is Volume 13. Ugh.

Out of all the different manga series I've bought, Berserk is really the only one I care if it gets damaged. I've had to invest in buying at least 6 books I've already bought. :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I let so many people borrow my dark horse books that most of them are just messed up from wear and tear. THe first couple of books have pages about to fall out and some others have like grape juice stains on them or something, I didn't do it but thats the price you pay when you let other people borrow stuff. Normally I would be furious but this type of thing is what drove me to buy the original Japanese editions which are sitting nicely (sealed) on my shelf, for my eyes only. Since my darkhorse books are in such bad quality I'm also thinking about removing posters. I don't know if its a good idea or not, some1 make up my mind for me!!!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
I'm also thinking about removing posters. I don't know if its a good idea or not, some1 make up my mind for me!!!

Remove them and put them somewhere safe. Next time you let someone borrow a volume you never know what might happen to that poster. Better safe than sorry.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I removed the mini-posters from inside. My brother neatly helped me to it with a razor.

Now I got a wall of great Miura artwork.

And if you regret it later, just buy another copy! Support Berserk!

Oburi

All praise Grail
The thing about taking out the pictures and putting them on my wall is I'd have to choose what side faces out and all Miura's art is so good. I could never choose.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Death May Die said:
There's a bad thing, I let a friend borrow a few Berserk volumes so she could get into it, and she denied it. :troll:

lol that sucks. I let someone borrow my books and volume 6 came back with reddish stain all around outside of the pages. I'm like "whats this? Cranberry juice"? response- "Oh, I don't know... sorry". Guess it's my loss. :judo:

NotWaifuMaterial

Miura should do Josei someday.
Death May Die said:
-I find myself consistantly second guessing myself wether or not to take the posters in some of these volumes out. I do want to hang them up. But you know, I learned my lesson. It would be like disarming a bomb to a small degree.

Remove them very carefully and get them framed. It may be expensive, but boy do they look amazing with a simple glass and frame structure hanging on the wall. Seriously, it's so damn worth it. Or just like:

ZeroEO said:
You should scan the posters then print them at Staples or Walmart or something. I'm thinking about it...

That way it looks so much better when you get them framed.

Bad things to happen to my manga: When I first started buying the volumes, I'd put them all together in this old wooden bookcase I had. Little did I know that the bookcase had gotten a small colony of silverfish and several of the starting volumes have rounded bites or little tunnel eaten through. I took them out. Another thing I do to keep my manga covers in shape is I cover them with transparent wallpaper. That way the back doesn't crease or break and the corners maintain that nice angle. They also look very nice.

I suppose just for the sake of mentioning it when I was biking to work with Vol. 29 in My backpack a fairly heavy rainstorm started when I hit the half way point Everything got drenched the volume is still readable but the damage is apparent

Top Bottom