Aphasia's 3D/Painting Madness.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Re: Skull Knight 3D Model (Roar!)

Looks really good in general. I like the proportions, especially with the ribcage beefed up, and the texturing looks pretty nice.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED

Alright time for a real update! I've been working hard! :puck: So this is the model at it's current stage - been working on textures this weekend. The project is due tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else in my class did. :schierke: (I love these icons)

The normal maps I kind of threw together - I need to finish painting my heightmap and other stuff. Far from being done, but making progress...let me know what you think. Crits still very welcome. Thanks!

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

It's looking good, however I think the eye sockets are too big. Same with the sword handle. The cloth on his armor should probably be black as well.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity

What Aaz said is true, but Wow. Totally kickass overall. I kinda like the colors you chose. If you were going for complete accuracy I'd make his gear a little more pristine, as the only person I recall striking his shield is himself when he took a swing at Void. Could be forgetting some though. The model is highly impressive in any case.

Aphasia

Aaz, Thanks! Those are values that can be tweaked pretty easy. I thought I'd try something a little different for the color scheme, but I'll try black and see how it looks.

@Serpico, You're right, but I thought it would be fun to see him all messed up. I'll clean his armor up some. : D We're moving on in my class - doing game environments now.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Serpico said:
What Aaz said is true, but Wow. Totally kickass overall. I kinda like the colors you chose. If you were going for complete accuracy I'd make his gear a little more pristine, as the only person I recall striking his shield is himself when he took a swing at Void. Could be forgetting some though.

I think Zodd damages his shield during the apostle attack on Flora's mansion.

Aphasia

Re: Aphasia's 3D Modeling/Painting Madness

Hey guys! I'm taking a break from skully, but there's still a lot I want to do with him. Maybe I'll do his horse at some point. : O I wish I would've kept his poly count a little lower.

I changed the topic title to something more appropriate since I'm going to use this thread to post all my models/paintings in.

Anyways. Lets play a new game. It's called tell me what you think of my femto base mesh. I've noticed Miura drew him with a lot more meat on his bones in earlier volumes. He appears to be slimmer in later volumes. (13 or 11? can't remember which was the eclipse) I think I might try to hit somewhere in-between. PEACE!

FEM2.jpg

FEM1.jpg

FEM3.jpg

FEM4.jpg

FEM5.jpg

FEM7.jpg

FEM8.jpg

FEM9.jpg

Fem6.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight

Looks nice so far, without looking at reference myself the helmet/face looks really really well laid out. Rock! Keep it up! :badbone:

Aphasia

Thanks guys! Here's a normal map test. I'm pretty happy with it - Now I can proceed to do a real sculpt on the body. I've begun sculpting the face and also the cape. Will post screenies later! Just thought I'd update with something. I'm also using mirrored UV's for everything - meaning I get twice as much UV space. I was concerned that maya would create artifacts since I was mirroring UV's. Anyways. Have a great weekend.

NormalTest.jpg

PS: I just got finished reading berserk! Yay me! (or, rather up to the current episode) and I have to say shit hit the fan. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Aphasia said:
Thanks guys! Here's a normal map test. I'm pretty happy with it - Now I can proceed to do a real sculpt on the body. I've begun sculpting the face and also the cape.

Those abs are looking good! :guts:

Aphasia said:
I just got finished reading berserk! Yay me! (or, rather up to the current episode) and I have to say shit hit the fan. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Glad to hear that. You're in for a long ride. :slan:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Looks great Aphasia! Can't wait to see it when you're finished sculpting. :serpico:

Now I must say this is looking amazing, specially those abs, great work Aphasia. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Aphasia said:
Just wait till you see his ass. :carcus:
You have made your boast and most certainly delivered, sir. Femto could give Slan a run for her money. :guts: All joking aside, it looks superb.

Aphasia

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! : ) It seems Femto's ass was a little too intense for photobucket. What's up with that?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Aphasia said:
Thanks guys for all the nice comments! : ) It seems Femto's ass was a little too intense for photobucket. What's up with that?

Whoa, guess it was quite something eh? :ganishka:

Aphasia

Aazealh said:
Whoa, guess it was quite something eh? :ganishka:

I fixed it because I couldn't deprive you guys of femto bootie. It is usually covered up by those dreadful wings. :slan:

Top Bottom