Aphasia's 3D/Painting Madness.

Re: Aphasia's 3D Modeling/Painting Madness

Duuuude. Are you going to school? 'cause this is hell of professional. Any chance of releasing the files when you're done? I'd love to play around with these.

What program are you using to make this? Z-Brush? Or is this done in an animation program like Lightwave?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED

Hey guys! thanks - I'm using autodesk Maya and autodesk Mudbox for this particular model - you could do something like this in any package however, including lightwave. I've used Zbrush but I'm simply not good enough with it to use it in a practical sense, yet.

Aphasia

DARKSPAWN-SCUM.jpg

Here's a sketch I did tonight. Sorry for the lack of updates; been taking a break from 3D for right now, but I'm about to jump back on the gravy train.

Hope you DAO fans like it. :3

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Aphasia said:
Here's a sketch I did tonight. Sorry for the lack of updates; been taking a break from 3D for right now, but I'm about to jump back on the gravy train.

Hope you DAO fans like it. :3

Hahaha, it's great. And the file name reminds me of the voice I'd chosen for my character too. "Darkspawn scum, kill 'em all!" :beast:

Awesome stuff, man. That traditional ink or did you go old fashioned? Did you go to art school or is this self taught? (I've heard art school isn't necessary to become an awesome artist).

Aphasia

Slan lovers rejoice - there are tits on the way. :) WIP

slan.jpg

CCS: Most of what I do is digital in photoshop. The last drawing was all digital with a tablet. : ) Art School isn't necessary, but definitely a plus for the experience gained. I'm of the opinion that it's not a great
idea to attend schools that label themselves as strictly for art - They do a good job of tearing the bank up, and you can usually find instructors with ample ability to learn from at a normal college, but either way you're going to
be teaching yourself most of what you learn. However, if money is no option (it is for most of us) an art school would be a good route to go, but indeed isn't a requirement to be considered a "good artist" Only you can determine how good you will be, honestly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

This Slan WIP already looks pretty good! I like the pose you went for.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Aazealh said:
This Slan WIP already looks pretty good! I like the pose you went for.

Agreed, she's looking good (although I'm a bit biased :slan:).

Aphasia said:
I'm of the opinion that it's not a great
idea to attend schools that label themselves as strictly for art - They do a good job of tearing the bank up, and you can usually find instructors with ample ability to learn from at a normal college, but either way you're going to
be teaching yourself most of what you learn.

Definitely true.

Aphasia

Scene I'm working on.

DEATHANDDEATH.jpg

Unrelated Contest WIP

not-as-1.jpg

Might post more later if I'm not feeling totally lazy. : P

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!

Aphasia, you are freaking amazing. Way to capture the sheer intensity of The Eclipse.

And I also love your 2nd picture! Very creepy and humorous.

Does anyone know who does the colors for the avatars? Whoever does is a really amazing colorist.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CCS said:
Does anyone know who does the colors for the avatars? Whoever does is a really amazing colorist.

The forum's default avatars are mostly from the Berserk Trading Card Game. Some others are paintings from Kentarou Miura.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CCS said:
Trading cards of Berserk? Damn. Are there pictures online?

Well, you have those avatars for a start. :slan: I have the TGC myself so I never bothered searching for pictures. But let's please go back to Aphasia's art.

Aphasia

THE-LAW.jpg

I am...THE LAW!...Haven't drawn with a mouse in so long, such a challenge! Just having fun with this one. :ganishka:

I've wondered about the awesome avatars, too. Neat little fact to know. :slan:

I find this drawing to be somewhat amusing. For a drawing done with a mouse though, I give it a thumbs up!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Haha, that's awesome. I'm digging Guts' new elf companion. Or is that a he-she Puck?

Top Bottom