Half-Minute Hero

So... wow... I just got done playing the demo for this game and I had to pass on the word about it. If you have a PSP and even remotely like playing RPGs, it's worth taking a look at for it's unique blend of RPG, strategy, and action. The demo is only 9 megs, so it only takes a few minutes for most people to download.

The premise behind the game is that you have 30 seconds to defeat the evil wizard before he destroys the world with his destruction spell. During this 30 seconds you have to run around the world, fight monsters, get money to buy weapons, explore caves for equipment, get party members to join you, fight bosses and do quests before fighting the final boss itself. It sounds crazy, but that's because it sort of is. All battles take about 1-2 seconds to complete and running around the world map is equally about as short.

In the demo you have 2 missions to choose from. The first is just a straight up 30 seconds, level up enough to beat the wizard and save the day. In the second mission, they introduce a new ability that reverses time giving you another 30 seconds before the wizard can cast his spell, but this costs money and the price keeps going up so you can't rely on it too much.

The game itself parodies old RPGs like Dragon Quest with it's hi-res pixel art style, but everything is very crisp and up to date feeling. The music isn't even bad from what they presented in the demo. I really recommend people to go check it out if you're interested in seeing some real creativity.

Edit: Here's a good video of the gameplay if you're interested: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-castle-half-minute-hero/45569

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The concept looks very fun, though I'd be worried that the game would be short as a result. I'd get it but I don't have a PSP unfortunately. :sad:

I played this demo about 4 hours ago and I thought it was pretty fun. I think that 30 seconds is a little bit challenging, but that's the point. :iva:

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
Sounds really interesting and it has such an adorable, simplistic style! I told myself I was only going to choose one handheld system, but it's becoming so difficult to keep that promise! With games like MGS: Peace Walker, Loco Roco and a Lunar remake (just to name a few games) I might have to buy one sometime soon. :puck:

Aazealh said:
The concept looks very fun, though I'd be worried that the game would be short as a result. I'd get it but I don't have a PSP unfortunately. :sad:

I've heard the main game lasts around 10 hours or so, so it's sort of short, but it does seem like there would be some re-playability as you're ranked depending on how quickly you finished a level / how well geared you are at the end of a stage.

Top Bottom