New Bayonetta Video and Your Thoughts

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
Earlier, the first fifteen minutes of Bayonetta were posted on Youtube...and then it was taken down as I was typing this. :schnoz:
Since Devil May Cry holds a special place in my heart, I have been very interested this game for quite some time. This closer look at the game is making me even more anxious!

What are your thoughts on this game? Will you be interested in purchasing it when it comes out next year?

The scene where she makes lewd noises while her outfit is being sliced...I didn't know how to respond to that. I'll just say they definitely captured the over the top game they were going for. Haha.

Edit: My finger pressed enter before I finished! Oh, well....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a mild interest in the game since it was first announced, but to be honest the whole "sex jokes lol so hot" thing is a turn-off for me. It's so heavy-handed that it just seems puerile.

Aazealh said:
I've had a mild interest in the game since it was first announced, but to be honest the whole "sex jokes lol so hot" thing is a turn-off for me. It's so heavy-handed that it just seems puerile.

Pretty much this.

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
Oblivious said:
Why is everyone pumped for this game and why would it be better than Ninja Gaiden?
I can't say for others, but I'm excited because I enjoy action games and have always been interested in witches, demons and all that fantastical stuff.

Why would you bring up Ninja Gaiden? :???:

I try to ignore all those goofy, unflattering scenes, but it does get a tad difficult when she's constantly shoving it in your face. As long at the story is interesting and the gameplay is fun, I doubt I'll mind too much.
In my original post, I was actually going to add another question.
"Do you find Bayonetta sexy?" I was curious if men actually found that behavior attractive....didn't need to even ask the question and I got answers. :iva:

Her clothes are her hair :judo:

Seriously though, I was interested in this game when I saw some early articles about it, but the last few gameplay trailers have left me feeling sort of sour. It doesn't look quite as fluid as DMC and it'll probably make me blush all the way through the game due to it's incredibly lowbrow sense of humor, but we'll see I guess.

Why is everyone so down on this I just looked at all the videos I could find of this game and am really liking what I'm seeing. I love the steampunk fashion/look of the game. I'm definitely picking this up day one. This is a game me and my gf can enjoy she likes button mashers and adventure games. Especially when the main character is a female.

Her voice sounds like Ivy from Soul Calibur 2.

PineappleSkewer said:
I can't say for others, but I'm excited because I enjoy action games and have always been interested in witches, demons and all that fantastical stuff.

I don't usually enjoy action games. The last game I enjoyed was PoP. It was just beautiful scenery. But I like the fantasy world aspect too. Witches, demons etc.

PineappleSkewer said:
In my original post, I was actually going to add another question.
"Do you find Bayonetta sexy?" I was curious if men actually found that behavior attractive....didn't need to even ask the question and I got answers. :iva:

Well I find it attractive. I'm not so prude as to actually be disgusted by it and not play a great game. Quite the opposite for me. I think overly sexy is...well sexy but overly funny at the same time. Like Olivia Munn when she was on Attack of the Show :rakshas: I actually enjoy seeing some of that behavior either in games, movies or *ahem* other forms of entertainment.

Now in terms of reality specifically dating/relationships then no at least not in public. Or rather not constantly cause then a funny thing would get annoying. In the videos I saw only one really shoved that behavior in your face. All the others just displayed various scenes and gameplay minus the "sexiness". I'm sure her and the (what seems to be) main female villain aren't going to have a whole "who's more sexier" battle. But we'll see. If I'm wrong and I don't like the story and gameplay at least it'll be a game my gf can enjoy.

EDIT:

Did anyone see this. That's costume is awesome! Now THAT'S a steampunk costume!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWZO6a653uE&NR=1

I played the demo of this the other day on PSN. Well the look of the game I really like. It sort of reminds me of Castlevania for a bit. The demo opens up to you on a oldish looking train. Everything in the demo looks very...whats the word....church-like? Look of the surrounding architecture I would relate to old style cathedrals and churches. Graphics are very nice and the gameplay is pretty much like a typical button smasher.

After you get the enemies health down to a certain point you can either keep attacking or enter what looks to be a finishing move. Where Bayonetta's magic(her hair) whirlwinds around her and takes the form of a beast or device to finish off the enemy. Mind you, her outfit is made out of her hair so while she is doing this she is naked and censored by 3 whirlwind strips of her hair continuously circling around her. While this finishing move is being done you can press square continously to increase your points. After the enemy or enemies are done you get graded in performance through medals.

There wasn't much in the way of story revealed in the demo. Although, the last battle in the demo is Bayonetta's rival wanting to challenge an imprisoned Bayonetta for some sort of final trial her rival is under. I'm guessing this whole battle is a flashback since it happens immediately after you kill the first boss plus her and her rival are both in very different outfits.

In terms of the "How overly sexy?" this game is. From what was shown in the cutscenes there were no sexy one-liners or crotch shots or anything of the sort like in those early trailers. In the gameplay the only overly sexy thing is her partially naked finishing a combo and her entirely naked(censored) during a finishing move.

The only other thing I found overly sexy I just don't understand. When you press L1 she starts doing this little dance and grinding her hips saying either,"I've got a fever and the only cure is more DEAD angels." or "Do you want to touch me?" I figured since it was included in her actions on the controller it may have some effect on the enemies. As in Metal Gear Solid with the magazines. Course, I tried it and just received an axe to the head. I guess it's just a taunt but I really don't see any point in taunting the AI in a game. I mean taunting works for fighting games or other 2P like games but taunting the AI? That's my only problem with the game. They could've used that button for an extra move or something.

Other than that I'm looking forward to it. Anyone else play the demo?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
HAHA yeah Ori, I seen you were playing it off my friends list and I was like "What the hell it came out already?"
I just got the demo and the moves are so over the top and insane. The torture kills are a gas and this game is very fun.

Top Bottom