Is there any game with a better story then Xenogears?

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Wasn't Xenogears the one where you're the third reincarnation of Adam, who must help defeat God, the evil creator of things, and destroy the church, which is evil and is brainwashing people to do their bidding. Only you find out that you're God's father, which makes you the creator of things, and all this evilness was actually your doing, and you did it all when you were sleepwalking... or something?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kuroi-san said:
Wasn't Xenogears the one where you're the third reincarnation of Adam, who must help defeat God, the evil creator of things, and destroy the church, which is evil and is brainwashing people to do their bidding. Only you find out that you're God's father, which makes you the creator of things, and all this evilness was actually your doing, and you did it all when you were sleepwalking... or something?
No, but you're close a few times.

DemonEyesKyo

Put your glasses on, nothing will be wrong........
Yep i still enjoyed it even after MGS2. I think it took balls to do what they did on it. They could have easily done what everyone wanted. But they decided to try something new.

D

Drachenfels

DemonEyesKyo said:
Yep i still enjoyed it even after MGS2. I think it took balls to do what they did on it. They could have easily done what everyone wanted. But they decided to try something new.

Experiment failed.

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Thats a tough one man. Xenogears is one of the greatest RPGs ever. I would say check out Chrono Trigger, its kinda from back in the day (SNES days), but the story is awesome w/ all the time travel and cool characters. I still consider Chrono Trigger one of the best RPGs ever as well.

Story-wise and RPG-wise, my personal favorites are the Suikoden series. Most people love the series or hate it. I love it, Suikoden 3 is awesome and I think it has the best story in the series so far.

Some other rpgs that have good stories IMO are: Persona series and Star Ocean series.

D

Drachenfels

Already tried CT, found out that Deus is Lavos' bastard child. But I only played the first two parts of Suikoden, but the stories were average. Still got to try out Star Ocean.

bundy

BRAIN FREEZE!!!
Has anyone played FF II (US Version)?

It has the best soundtrack and storyline I played which in my opinion was better than FFVII!

Also, another would probably Lunar Silvar Star Story!!!
It may have some cheesy voices but the story is damn good!

If anyone is willing to try something similar to Star Ocean...I suggest Valkyrie Profile.

bundy

BRAIN FREEZE!!!
If you are talking about Shadowrun for SNES then I also agree that it has a good plot and great gameplay. But, I think it falls short from what is mentioned above.

Top Bottom