Volume 34 cover

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As seen on: http://www.s-book.net/plsql/slib_detail?isbn=9784592144342

vol34.gif
vol34-l.jpg

Pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the real thing. :carcus:

The volume will be released in Japan on 9/25.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Looks amazing as any berserk cover. Femto's wings make it look batman-ish but cool anyways :guts:
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, that's some really lackluster sounding praise for this. It's as good as any other volume and Femto still looks cool even though he looks batman-ish? :puck:

Anyway, this is just the tip of the iceberg of Berserk announcements that could come later today. It feels like Christmas, and we even have our own demented Santa: :mozgus:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It's great to see Femto on a cover again. I have to echo that this looks to be one of the best covers yet. I wish I was better at describing art, but it's generally satisfying and captures a pivotal moment in the story wonderfully. Nice and ominous looking.

EDIT: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/opx/index.html
CLEARER PICTURE

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice cover; the best possible choice for this volume. It's reminiscent of this illustration Miura did for the Berserk calendar of 1998.

vol34.jpg
Femto-Zodd.jpg

Th3Branded0ne said:
Femto's wings make it look batman-ish but cool anyways :guts:

Is Batman the only character wearing a cape you've ever seen? :schierke:

yeeeeeeeeeees I have been searching and waiting for this cover for a few days now and im sooooo happy with how it looks. Love seeing some Griffith covers instead of the usual Guts, this one really kicks ass :D made my day.

Great cover. I was stuck with the image of crimson-Femto after the anime, but this colour suits him so much better.

[quote author=Aazealh]Is Batman the only character wearing a cape you've ever seen? :schierke:
[/quote]

Nope, but the closest one to resemble Femto.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
Nope, but the closest one to resemble Femto.

Says who? Did you run a comparative study on the subject or something? Are the folds more similar than those of Magneto or Moon Knight's cloaks?

Aazealh said:
Says who? Did you run a comparative study on the subject or something?

Well, it's funny that Batman immediately springs to mind, be it the fans or the voice-actors. It's not really something to make a big deal out of.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
Well, it's funny that Batman immediately springs to mind, be it the fans or the voice-actors. It's not really something to make a big deal out of.

What? Voice actors? Anyway, no big deal indeed, but I wish people's comments whenever they see a character wearing a cloak wouldn't limit themselves to "hey it's kind of like Batman". Yeah nothing looks more like a cloak than another cloak, very astute.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Zodd_the_Immortal said:
simply amazing, I really like the darker shades of colors used, probably one of my favorite covers to date.
Yeah that was one thing that really impressed me about this cover. Miura didn't cop out and use the full spectrum of color. The lighting here is accurate since it's in a dark place, in a dark scene.

Aazealh said:
What? Voice actors? Anyway, no big deal indeed, but I wish people's comments whenever they see a character wearing a cloak wouldn't limit themselves to "hey it's kind of like Batman". Yeah nothing looks more like a cloak than another cloak, very astute.

I apologise for just barging in here as a complete newbie, but what I think Doc might be getting at is the outtakes from the English Berserk voice actors. In the outtakes on the final disc, when Femto is first shown flying the voice actor parodies Batman.

I would say it's also worth noting that most people would probably think of Batman as the first comparative as he is a character that has been around for 70 years and has been most notably in the public eye for the past year with The Dark Knight being such a huge success and the launch of the Arkham Asylum game last month. Yes you can make comparisons with Magneto (although I would say Batman is more known for his cape/cloak) or Moon Knight (not as well known as Magneto or Batman but I would say he does indeed resemble Femto moreso than Batman) but you can't really blame anyone for having Batman be the first character to spring to mind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
I apologise for just barging in here as a complete newbie, but what I think Doc might be getting at is the outtakes from the English Berserk voice actors. In the outtakes on the final disc, when Femto is first shown flying the voice actor parodies Batman.

Ah. Well that's a pretty weak/lame reference if you ask me. Like those outtakes themselves or even the US dub in general, but that's another story.

JezzaX said:
I would say it's also worth noting that most people would probably think of Batman as the first comparative as he is a character that has been around for 70 years and has been most notably in the public eye for the past year with The Dark Knight being such a huge success and the launch of the Arkham Asylum game last month.

Yes, yes, he's one of the most famous comic book heroes out there, but that's besides the point. The point is that a shitload of characters across a large variety of medium have worn capes since the dawn of times and despite that fact some people somehow seem to have to bring up comparisons everytime the littlest resemblance presents itself as if it were of any interest. It's not. I'm not trying to pinpoint who's cape is the most similar to Femto's folded wings here (those were just the first two examples that came to mind), on the contrary I'm highlighting how irrelevant Th3Branded0ne's comment was. It'd be the same if he'd been talking about Cloak or Spawn. Or if the subject of the comparison was Guts or SK and not Femto. Stay here long enough and you'll understand.

Aazealh said:
on the contrary I'm highlighting how irrelevant Th3Branded0ne's comment was.

I guess to make it more relevant would be to say that "Femto's wings look less like wings and more like a cape in this image"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
I guess to make it more relevant would be to say that "Femto's wings look less like wings and more like a cape in this image"

Yes, exactly.

Anyway, let's get back to discussing the cover itself. And welcome to the forum, by the way. :serpico:

Thanks for the welcome Aaz, i've been a lurker for quite sometime and a Berserk fan since the days of the Dreamcast but was having trouble getting my E-mail address to be accepted so had to set up a new E-mail account to be here.

As you say, back to the topic at hand. I would say this is among my personal favourites, it's certainly a step up after volume 33's artwork, not to say 33 was bad by any means, just not visually exciting. This volume doesnt quite beat my personal favourite of 27's cover art but it comes close.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
JezzaX said:
That's what I was trying to say, but I just messed it up in the end. Welcome to Sk.net JezzaX .

Top Bottom