Volume 34 cover

Even though I think the whole cape reference Was a little blown out of proportion, (Imo) That cover is completely Awesome! Isn't this the first time We have Seen his Wing's move like that? Always Saw them hang down, or lay on the ground. you know, besides when he's flying. I think it's pretty cool that they can do that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holyvampire21 said:
Even though I think the whole cape reference Was a little blown out of proportion, (Imo) That cover is completely Awesome! Isn't this the first time We have Seen his Wing's move like that? Always Saw them hang down, or lay on the ground. you know, besides when he's flying. I think it's pretty cool that they can do that.
He can manipulate space. I'm sure he can make his cloak curl a bit :void:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
He should have warped the space inside him and
made himself bigger than giant tree Ganishka and eaten him like broccoli.
Then again, that would be silly.

Walter said:
well of course, Just remarking on the fact I think it's the first time we seen it, which is pretty cool. :serpico: I like the ruffled look, and hope to see it a couple more times. Maybe when he really has a challenge to face? :guts: :chomp:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Best cover ever. It would be great as a gigantic poster!

But, it's me or Zodd doesn't have his ear?! :???: It's more evident in the pics comparison that Aaz posted before. I cannot find the ear. :isidro:

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think Skull Knight was a good challenge.
yeah, but Femto didn't even break a sweat. That's what I would love to see! Of course, It's not set in stone if that would happen. (i other words, A fight that Femto would actually struggle with.) Poor Skull knight, One of the coolest things I ever saw, and femto saw it coming! :judo:

Marik said:
Best cover ever. It would be great as a gigantic poster!

But, it's me or Zodd doesn't have his ear?! :???: It's more evident in the pics comparison that Aaz posted before. I cannot find the ear. :isidro:
I think its somewhat blended with his shoulder and neck, and the rest is obscured by the title font.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
I would say this is among my personal favourites, it's certainly a step up after volume 33's artwork, not to say 33 was bad by any means, just not visually exciting. This volume doesnt quite beat my personal favourite of 27's cover art but it comes close.

Man I love so many of the covers I honestly couldn't choose a favorite anymore. Things were easier then there were just 21 volumes out. :judo:

Holyvampire21 said:
Isn't this the first time We have Seen his Wing's move like that?

Yes it is. But in truth we haven't seen much of him in the story so far.

Marik said:

No, it's there but it's obscured by the title, like Holyvampire21 said. What's tricking is that it's turned towards the front.

vol34-ear.jpg

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
No, it's there but it's obscured by the title, like Holyvampire21 said. What's tricking is that it's turned towards the front.

vol34-ear.jpg

We still see different things in that pic, but even if the ear would be there, it'd be too high and near the horn.
The picture you posted before clearly shows the differences even in the proportion.

But as you say, it could even be really between the horn and the neck...this cover is TOO beautiful to focus too much on things like that, at this rate I don't really want to know if I'm wrong(I really hope that I am mistaking).
You surely think that I'm wrong and I won't reply anymore.

Can't wait to buy the volume.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
We still see different things in that pic, but even if the ear would be there, it'd be too high and near the horn.
The picture you posted before clearly shows the differences even in the proportion.

It's not really up to consideration. That is where the ear is. And it's not too high or near the horn or anything. It's the same placement as usual. The picture is just dark and tiny, but I assure you it is correctly situated. Like I said, you're simply being tricked because it's turned in a different direction and partially hidden (not to mention that the angle is slightly different from that of the calendar illustration as well).

berserk_illust1.jpg

Better now?

Marik said:
at this rate I don't really want to know if I'm wrong(I really hope that I am mistaking).

Too late for that.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
It's not really up to consideration. That is where the ear is. And it's not too high or near the horn or anything. It's the same placement as usual. The picture is just dark and tiny, but I assure you it is correctly situated. Like I said, you're simply being tricked because it's turned in a different direction and partially hidden (not to mention that the angle is slightly different from that of the calendar illustration as well).

berserk_illust1.jpg

Better now?

Too late for that.

Yeah, I have to apologize. I was tricked by the ears' upper angle. :farnese:

Thanks for the full artwork! Fantastic! :azan:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
For those of you who have their hands on their volume 34 copy, I got a few questions while I wait for my copy to arrive.

1) What's featured on the double-sided mini poster?

2) What does the "next volume" preview say (if there is any)?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt many have received their shipments yet. Mine should be arriving this week sometime, and I'll post those details when I get it if someone doesn't beat me to it :daiba:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Gobolatula said:
For those of you who have their hands on their volume 34 copy, I got a few questions while I wait for my copy to arrive.

1) What's featured on the double-sided mini poster?

2) What does the "next volume" preview say (if there is any)?
I got mine on Tuesday :guts:
1) One side is a close up of Guts' face with the armor's helmet up, and the other side is Sonia sitting on Irvine in his apostle form.
2) Not sure, but it shows a reaction shot of the crowd looking at Falconia, and the two-page spread of Falconia from 307.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
1) One side is a close up of Guts' face with the armor's helmet up, and the other side is Sonia sitting on Irvine in his apostle form.
2) Not sure, but it shows a reaction shot of the crowd looking at Falconia, and the two-page spread of Falconia from 307.
Thanks for the preview. Truly awesome posters, but the timing of the Guts/Beast one seems strange to me for this volume.

One more quick request: Any new additions to the character intro section, such as more official English spellings?

Dar_Klink

Walter said:
Thanks for the preview. Awesome posters, but the timing of the Guts/Beast one seems strange to me for this volume.

One more quick request: Any new additions to the character intro section, such as more official English spellings?
The characters in it are: Guts, Casca, Puck, Schierke, Isidro, Roderick, Serpico, Farnese, Griffith, and Ganishka. No new info there really.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
The characters in it are: Guts, Casca, Puck, Schierke, Isidro, Roderick, Serpico, Farnese, Griffith, and Ganishka. No new info there really.
Ah well. I thought since this was such a Griffith-centric volume, there may be additional entries, such as the spelling of Locus, Irvine, Rakshas, etc. Thanks anyway though!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thank you, Darklink, and thank you Walter for the offer to post the info.

Those posters are gorgeous. I can't wait to scan 'em, enlarge 'em, print 'em out on glossy paper, and put 'em on my wall!

I know this might be sacrilege, but I've torn out all the Berserk mini posters from my Dark Horse volumes for the very purpose. My JP volumes remain intact.

Dar_Klink

Gobolatula said:
Thank you, Darklink, and thank you Walter for the offer to post the info.

Those posters are gorgeous. I can't wait to scan 'em, enlarge 'em, print 'em out on glossy paper, and put 'em on my wall!

I know this might be sacrilege, but I've torn out all the Berserk mini posters from my Dark Horse volumes for the very purpose. My JP volumes remain intact.
I think I may do the same, once I get enough funds to amass the Japanese volumes, 34 was my first. My hours at work should be going up soon, so I'm going to try to get a few every month if I can. I don't know if I want to start from vol. 1 and work up to 33 or start at 33 and work down... :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:

Very nice! Mine won't ship until a few weeks. I dig the illustrations.

yesmilord

千年王国
I'm fortunate enough to have a Kinokuniya very close to where I live. I got Volume 34 a few days ago, and the Young Animal today. Stuff looks great!

I've never bought a Young Animal before, so I was super surprised to find out I only had to pay 5 bucks for it!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yesmilord said:
I've never bought a Young Animal before, so I was super surprised to find out I only had to pay 5 bucks for it!

Young Animal's price varies but it's usually around 300¥. Quite cheap, and well worth buying for any real fan of Berserk. People living next to a store that carries it really have no excuse not to buy it every time.

yesmilord

千年王国
Aazealh said:
Young Animal's price varies but it's usually around 300¥. Quite cheap, and well worth buying for any real fan of Berserk. People living next to a store that carries it really have no excuse not to buy it every time.

No kidding.

I actually had to special order it though; it seems like Young Animal must not be popular enough in the area. I would totally ask for a subscription, but not being able to read Japanese kinda kills some of the excitement. I really wanted to read the Detroit Metal City in there too :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
yesmilord said:
No kidding.

I actually had to special order it though; it seems like Young Animal must not be popular enough in the area. I would totally ask for a subscription, but not being able to read Japanese kinda kills some of the excitement. I really wanted to read the Detroit Metal City in there too :puck:

Do you know how much it was for a subscription? I'd like to go down to my local Kinokuniya and order the 20th anniversary issue in addition to starting a subscription.

Top Bottom