Slicin' the Breeze

Grail

Feel the funk blast
宮本 グリフィス said:
Alright, and it's good just to hear you're following it, about where are you at?
I was actually compelled to give the series another read through after briefly discussing the series with you and Walter in the chat once. It was some time ago, and I've been struggling to keep up ever since! That Inoue. :azan: Anyway, I'm working on 281 at the moment.

宮本 グリフィス said:
That's a great point, I'll get on it... right now, actually. :slan:
And that's what I call results! Good luck with those pixels, bonus points if you can fit in that oh-so-trendy facial hair.

Edit: Haha, you even got the strategically-placed lock in front! Very nice!

slan69 said:
Welcome to the inn Grail, good to see more girls reading Vagabond. :slan:
Glad to be here! But you know, I'm only in it for the Granny Hon'iden action. :troll:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Grail said:
I was actually compelled to give the series another read through after briefly discussing the series with you and Walter in the chat once. It was some time ago, and I've been struggling to keep up ever since! That Inoue. :azan: Anyway, I'm working on 281 at the moment.

Oh yeah, that's right, and it sounds like you're all caught up now too! Just check in here every once in a while and you'll be able to keep up with all Inoue and Vagabond news as it happens.

Grail said:
And that's what I call results! Good luck with those pixels, bonus points if you can fit in that oh-so-trendy facial hair.

Edit: Haha, you even got the strategically-placed lock in front! Very nice!

Ha, thank you, it came together rather easily, and we can always make it better later. :magni: :magni: :magni:

Grail said:
Glad to be here! But you know, I'm only in it for the Granny Hon'iden action. :troll:

Yeah, everyone's favorite character! :beast:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
So i come here for the first time and discover that "cheating on your wife" isn't a main plotline in this series. I'm disappointed. :void:

Griffith

NightCrawler said:
So i come here for the first time and discover that "cheating on your wife" isn't a main plotline in this series. I'm disappointed. :void:

Ah, but it is! Cheating on your fiance, cheating on your wife, who was the woman you were originally cheating on the fiance with, and doing even more cheating with everything from housewives to prostitutes! Booya! :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
NightCrawler said:

It's because the Inn keeper and the doorman are very good at not giving everything up front as the Berserk section. You might want to check the janitor's room :magni:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Man you know I would love to get into Vagabond but it seems like I'm so far from here. Its such a long series and its one of those where I wouldn't want to read it any other way than actually owning those giant books and appreciating the artwork. Unfortunately for me I don't have the money to invest, but I do have the second book at home, i think I might read it tonight. Slowly I may catch up.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Man you know I would love to get into Vagabond but it seems like I'm so far from here. Its such a long series and its one of those where I wouldn't want to read it any other way than actually owning those giant books and appreciating the artwork. Unfortunately for me I don't have the money to invest, but I do have the second book at home, i think I might read it tonight. Slowly I may catch up.

See you could have invested at least 6 books instead of the Halo ODST :femto:

Griffith

Good luck Oburi, I hope you get further into and really enjoy the series. The VizBIG editions are a real bargain if you start to feel the urge. :zodd:

Check out this awful "samurai" fighting game I found online.

http://www.2flashgames.com/fullscreen.php?id=4
It's comically bad. :troll:

There's pretty much nothing good about that flash game. It takes too long to put someone down, the characters are awful (guy in a suit that looks like it's covered in burger prints or maybe kung fu green monster dude?), and all I had to do to win was hammer the punch button.

BANZAI!

Griffith

First Ascent

climb00.jpg

Pinnacles National Monument, but I'm not there to sightsee, I'm there for THIS:

climb01.jpg

"It just towers over me. I can't even see the summit."

climb02.jpg

"Why am I doing this...?"

climb03.jpg

"Damn it. I'll reach that peak no matter what!!"

climb04.jpg

"Invincible... Not in the shape I'm in!"

climb05.jpg

"It's only about yourself, is that all it is? How trivial..."

climb06.jpg

"Don't think. You've thought enough already."

climb07.jpg

"For now, I just must get to the top."

climb08.jpg

"I just... I just want to see what's up there."

climb09.jpg

"I'm on top! Hah!"

view.jpg

"I can go... as far as I want!!"

climb10.jpg

And I want to go back down.

climb11.jpg

Batman ain't got guano on me!

climb12.jpg

"Look! It's Jesus descending from Mount Olivet... on a rope!?"

climb13.jpg

Ah, my dear old friend, the ground.

climb14.jpg

"Unrivaled under heaven is just a heat haze."​

Damn Griff you made it to the top, it sure doesn't look easy so I give you major props. :guts: By the way how are your hands doing. :p Now if only I can do this someday without having that fear of height's constantly in my mind while I do it.

Griffith

slan69 said:
Damn Griff you made it to the top, it sure doesn't look easy so I give you major props. :guts:

I'm really not sure how I did it myself, I had one simple principle, "just don't let go!" :ganishka:

slan69 said:
By the way how are your hands doing. :p

Surprisingly well, while a little rough afterward, I only suffered a couple of small gashes and scrapped up my right arm a bit. To tell the truth though, I didn't even feel or notice them until well after I reached the top.
That's adrenaline for you. :beast:

slan69 said:
Now if only I can do this someday without having that fear of height's constantly in my mind while I do it.

I am deathly afraid of heights, and from what I gathered from this experience and a day at the climbing gym, so are lot of climbers. :badbone:

グリフィス said:
I'm really not sure how I did it myself, I had one simple principle, "just don't let go!" :ganishka:
Now that's the way to do it! :badbone:

グリフィス said:
Surprisingly well, while a little rough afterward, I only suffered a couple of small gashes and scrapped up my right arm a bit. To tell the truth though, I didn't even feel or notice them until well after I reached the top.
That's adrenaline for you. :beast:
Hmm maybe bring some hand lotion and bandages next time, I should be taking this to note as well. :ganishka:

グリフィス said:
I am deathly afraid of heights, and from what I gathered from this experience and a day at the climbing gym, so are lot of climbers. :badbone:
It's sad to say this but I feel a lot better knowing that I am not alone on this feeling of being terribly afraid of height's. :farnese: Not that I don't know people are afraid of height's or anything, just the fact that even climbers themselves are afraid of height's.

Griffith

slan69 said:
Hmm maybe bring some hand lotion and bandages next time, I should be taking this to note as well. :ganishka:

It honestly didn't bother me the rest of the day, to me part of the point was to get AWAY from those kinds of things.

slan69 said:
It's sad to say this but I feel a lot better knowing that I am not alone on this feeling of being terribly afraid of height's. :farnese: Not that I don't know people are afraid of height's or anything, just the fact that even climbers themselves are afraid of height's.

Yeah, it was a common theme, that your fear is exactly what can make it so exhilarating, plus you're also facing that fear.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Yeah, you're definitely not the only one who's scared of heights, Slan. But Griff, kudos to you for not only overcoming the boundaries of nature, but doing it in some faaabulous shoes! :ganishka: Were you not even wearing socks?! :magni:

I've done some stupid things to try to overcome my fear of heights thinking the idea that the more you immerse yourself in your fear the less frightening it will become, but so far that hasn't proven true. I'm just as scared of heights as I ever was. Looking at Griffith's pictures, I can't help but be somewhat reminded of when I climbed up Long's Peak. You just have to keep that idea that you need to keep pushing yourself up and that nothing else matters but getting to the top.

Sad thing about hiking though, especially with steep climbs, is that you have to go back down. I've always found that a lot worse than the climb up. I've never gone rock climbing and probably never will, but at least with rock climbing it seems like you have a lot more fun going down.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on the climb, duder. Did you see me and Aaz as other mountains in the distance? :troll:

Also, what brought on this climb? Spur of the moment decision or epic plan to reenact Musashi's personal journey?

Griffith

Grail said:
Yeah, you're definitely not the only one who's scared of heights, Slan. But Griff, kudos to you for not only overcoming the boundaries of nature, but doing it in some faaabulous shoes! :ganishka: Were you not even wearing socks?! :magni:

Ha, those are rubber climbing shoes, and they are hot to trot (plus small on your feet!). Socks are a no no because you want things to be as tight and in control as possible.

CowTip said:
I've done some stupid things to try to overcome my fear of heights thinking the idea that the more you immerse yourself in your fear the less frightening it will become, but so far that hasn't proven true. I'm just as scared of heights as I ever was. Looking at Griffith's pictures, I can't help but be somewhat reminded of when I climbed up Long's Peak. You just have to keep that idea that you need to keep pushing yourself up and that nothing else matters but getting to the top.

Sad thing about hiking though, especially with steep climbs, is that you have to go back down. I've always found that a lot worse than the climb up. I've never gone rock climbing and probably never will, but at least with rock climbing it seems like you have a lot more fun going down.

Yeah, I've never had a problem being up high as long as I was secure or away from a ledge. As a matter of fact, I'm not afraid of heights as much as I'm afraid of falling from them, which to me is a completely rational fear. I don't know if I'm any less scared of heights now, but I feel like I might be, in the sense that I kind of want to do this again. The hardest part of the day in that regard wasn't even the climb, but jumping between these two boulders, with a potentially long fall in between and nasty rocks below, with heavy gear on. Actually, going back down the cliff was one of the scarier parts for me, like, before I even climbed to the top I was already thinking, "Now I have to go back down!" The hardest part of that was letting go and falling backward, trusting that you aren't just going to fall to your stupid, ironic, and easily avoided death. =)

Walter said:
Congratulations on the climb, duder. Did you see me and Aaz as other mountains in the distance? :troll:

Well, it's true I haven't done anything so challenging as wrestling alligators, or wives! :troll:

Walter said:
Also, what brought on this climb? Spur of the moment decision or epic plan to reenact Musashi's personal journey?

Spur of the moment opportunity which I became curious about doing somewhat in the same vein as Musashi... as a matter of fact, I may or may not have referenced a certain part of Vagabond for inspiration the night before.:badbone:

Griffith

Shane said:
I'd just like to say, that is an excellent beard. :guts:

Haha, thank you, we'll see how long I let it grow wild this time! :zodd:

Bonus picture:
climbgym.jpg

Me "hanging out" at the climbing gym the day before my visit to Pinnacles.

Random note, the Mother 3 fan translation version 1.1 has been released. Good time and reason to play it again, at least it's the excuse I was waiting for.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
グリフィス said:
Random note, the Mother 3 fan translation version 1.1 has been released. Good time and reason to play it again, at least it's the excuse I was waiting for.

http://mother3.fobby.net/
:isidro: Awesome, time for a replay!
I went to go get the Vagabond big edition volume 1 today at Barnes and Nobles, I saw the price was 19.99, so I went across the street to the bank to get my card's balance... -3.99. Yeah, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow when I get paid. :ganishka:

Griffith

Darklink286 said:
:isidro: Awesome, time for a replay!

Oh yeah! And speaking of EarthBound, I can't help but be reminded of it by this fella:
guts-sad.gif

I need to remember to prepare for that crazy yo yo guarding robot bitch this time...

Darklink286 said:
I went to go get the Vagabond big edition volume 1 today at Barnes and Nobles, I saw the price was 19.99, so I went across the street to the bank to get my card's balance... -3.99. Yeah, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow when I get paid. :ganishka:

Awesome man, good to hear you're joining the ranks of the Inn! I'll have a room waiting. :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just got home from work with my first volume of Vagabond! :guts:
It'll take me a while to catch up to you guys, but I'll be working at it.

o hai, just improving your picture there Griff. :isidro:
508706283438692.gif

(Everyone should visit the chat some more, I've talked to Oburi alone enough... imeen we can accomplish a lot that way)

Griffith

Hahaha, Darklink, as I already told you in the chat, that's awesome. How did you make it? :ganishka:

Top Bottom