mushitongue.gif
mushiugh.gif
mushiwink.gif

Plenty to start, oh, and here's a bonus. :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Vagabond Emoticons

宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, there were some drawbacks to combining all the threads, but I think this is more appropriate overall.

On the emoticon front, I got down to business and have 16 ready to go:

mushi.gif
mushiclosed.gif
mushieyes.gif
mushifrown.gif
mushigrin.gif
mushihuh.gif
mushilaugh.gif
mushimad.gif
mushiooh.gif
mushirolleyes.gif
mushisad.gif
mushisadfrown.gif
mushismile.gif
mushitongue.gif
mushiugh.gif
mushiwink.gif

Plenty to start, oh, and here's a bonus. :guts:
They all look pretty good. Do you think you will include any other characters? I like the idea of merging all the episode threads together. Either way it wasn't bothering me, but if it's for the better it's fine.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vagabond Emoticons

Th3Branded0ne said:
They all look pretty good. Do you think you will include any other characters?

Sure, there's already Walter's perfect Den emot, but the main idea of this set, as opposed to the Berserk ones, is to have a single character expressing the range of emotions. Just something a little different. As time goes by, maybe we'll keep adding others.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I like the idea of merging all the episode threads together. Either way it wasn't bothering me, but if it's for the better it's fine.

Yeah, I hope it keeps the conversation more focused and fluid for the rest of the series.

Griffith

Vagabond Emoticons

Thank you, Slan. No plans right now to make a lot of others, there is a Kojiro and Inshun by Walter, but they're WIPs, though if we added a beard to this one
mushiguts.gif
I we'd be well on our way to an Ito emot.

Anyway, a general notification, to access to the emots when you post, just click on the [more] link to the right of the Berserk emoticons and it'll take you to the Vagabond Inn set as well as the board defaults. Or, just put the code in your post manually, for example :guts: =
guts.gif

Here's each emoticon and their code:

mushi.gif
:mushi:

mushiclosed.gif
:mushiclosed:

mushieyes.gif
:mushieyes:

mushifrown.gif
:mushifrown:

mushigrin.gif
:mushigrin:

mushiguts.gif
:mushiguts:

mushihuh.gif
:mushihuh:

mushilaugh.gif
:mushilaugh:

mushimad.gif
:mushimad:

mushiooh.gif
:mushiooh:

mushirolleyes.gif
:mushirolleyes:

mushisad.gif
:mushisad:

mushisadfrown.gif
:mushisadfrown:

mushismile.gif
:mushismile:

mushitongue.gif
:mushitongue:

mushiugh.gif
:mushiugh:

mushiwink.gif
:mushiwink:

Griffith

Vagabond Emoticons

I think I figured out how to make the Vagabond Inn emots appear on the main emotes page, quite by accident too. If you'll notice when you post in here, the Ivalera, Farnese, Femto, and Magnifico emots don't appear; instead, there's a name or word in their place. Here's what happens if you try to post one, I'll use Magnifico as an example:

:magni:

Nope, I didn't write that, that's from selecting the emot. It says his code, example: :hisname:, in my posting window if I edit, but will look like that. As a matter of fact, even if you hover over scared on the emot selection screen and copy the url and try to use
code to make it work, it won't. That's because the URL doesn't exist, or the file doesn't. Here's the problem, the URL automatically is:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/Smileys/Vagabond/Magnifico.gif

But because Magnifico is new, he wasn't uploaded to the Vagabond ftp yet. Changing Vagabond to Berserk in the URL immediately solves the problem. Here's the thing, what's to stop me from uploading Magnifico.gif to the Vagabond ftp, except making it an emot of Musashi instead? I'll try it now with one of the others, Femto...

As I thought, between Skully and Azan, you'll now see a shiteating grin that doesn't belong, which means soon the Mushi emots may no longer be relegated to the [more] emot section in the Inn. =)

Isn't that right, "femto"? :femto:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vagabond Emoticons

Bravo! It works! But ... there's still going to be the problem of replacing ALL the emoticons with Vagabond/Mushi replacements. Otherwise you'll have your vagabond touching your Berserk. :carcus:

Griffith

Vagabond Emoticons

Walter said:
Bravo! It works! But ... there's still going to be the problem of replacing ALL the emoticons with Vagabond/Mushi replacements. Otherwise you'll have your vagabond touching your Berserk. :carcus:

Not a problem, a fine excuse to make more. I might even add a couple of old favorites from the Berserk section like Miura (to go with an Inoue perhaps) and maybe the old Gutsgrin and Griffstare emots.

BTW Wally, since it was possible to change the Beherits to swords, is it also possible to change the titles that go with them? I don't have high hopes, because if I remember, it was simply replacing the star.gif images like what I just discovered with the emots here.

UPDATE: Emots implemented.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vagabond Emoticons

I have to say, when I saw that :azan: was Azan's replacement, I burst out laughing. Well done :ganishka:

Griffith

Vagabond Emoticons

Yeah, that was one of the first deliberate switches I made. :guts:

Also, a new emot you might enjoy, per Grail's suggestion: :magni:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, that was one of the first deliberate switches I made. :guts:

Also, a new emot you might enjoy, per Grail's suggestion: :magni:
Well, I love it of course. Nice work!

Was thinking, it's somewhat hard to immediately spot the non-Mushis in the emoticon lineup. Would you consider varying the skin tone of emoticons for Kojiro, Den and Matahachi to make th em stand out more?

Griffith

Thanks!

Walter said:
Was thinking, it's somewhat hard to immediately spot the non-Mushis in the emoticon lineup. Would you consider varying the skin tone of emoticons for Kojiro, Den and Matahachi to make th em stand out more?

Actually, the only thing I touched on your excellent Kojiro was the skin tone for the sake of uniformity. It's something to consider in the future though, maybe after/if we get more non-Mushi's since the original point was for it to be more like a standardized yellow emoticon set, but with Musashi as the basis instead of a yellow smiley face. :ganishka:

How's the rest of the Inn weigh in on this?

Th3Branded0ne said:
I"m liking it so far, I would like to see at least one Mushi emot with the hair down. Just a thought though.

That is a good thought Branded0ne maybe Griff can do that with this emot :casca:, or make up a entirely new one with Mushashi's hair down. So far so good Griff.

Griffith

Yeah, I've actually made a couple of attempts at that before, but haven't quite been able to get it right yet. I'll keep at it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
宮本 グリフィス said:
Thanks Shane, what have you been up to?

Oh, and everybody, say hello to Ito 1.0 :guts:
I love it. You nailed his features on the first try, so bravo on that. Those eyebrows... dead on!

But I think his skin should be more rough/darker than the others. He is afterall older and more wrinkly than everyone else shown. A few slightly darker "lines" on his forehead and cheeks would give that effect, I think.

Griffith

Walter said:
But I think his skin should be more rough/darker than the others. He is afterall older and more wrinkly than everyone else shown. A few slightly darker "lines" on his forehead and cheeks would give that effect, I think.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to make him bigger overall to add more room for those features, he's based on the original Mushi grin and when you cut the hair and proportion him to fit in his knot top, suddenly he looks a little tiny compared to the others. Doesn't really matter, except that Ito should be larger than life. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I can't believe I missed the new Ito emote (Ito-mote?)! I give it... 10,000 points! :guts:

Also, while I was taking a look at the others, I think that Oko would make a great candidate for the winky emote. And maybe a blushing Otsu? I think that those would allow for an opportunity to introduce other skin tones, as well. I understand the concern for uniformity, but I keep finding myself having to search through the line of emotes to find the one I want to use. Maybe that'll change as more varied characters are added to the roster, but I thought I'd bring up the issue.

Griffith

Grail said:
I can't believe I missed the new Ito emote (Ito-mote?)! I give it... 10,000 points! :guts:

Thanks, Grail! :guts:

It's sure better than ZERO points, right Mushi?:puck:

Grail said:
Also, while I was taking a look at the others, I think that Oko would make a great candidate for the winky emote. And maybe a blushing Otsu?

Both good suggestions, this is going to be a project...

Grail said:
I think that those would allow for an opportunity to introduce other skin tones, as well. I understand the concern for uniformity, but I keep finding myself having to search through the line of emotes to find the one I want to use. Maybe that'll change as more varied characters are added to the roster, but I thought I'd bring up the issue.

... and this is becoming a chorus I'm finding harder to resist with both you and Wally on it. Hmmm, when a few more non-mushi emots come down the pipeline, I'll also focus on those skin tone variations. I'll start right now by restoring Wally's Kojiro to it's original glory.

グリフィス said:
Thanks Shane, what have you been up to?
You're quite welcome, these emotes are fantastic.
As for me; School, school and more school. On a slightly related note, I found Vagabond vol. 3 at my campus book store.

Griffith

Thanks again, and good luck with your studies, it's quite funny that Vagabond apparently found it's way into the curriculum.:ganishka:

Top Bottom