Art of War Neo Hawks statue

mainitemir.jpg

yesmilord

千年王国
DirectDK said:
So who bit? The set sold out pretty quick. Sometime within 3 hours. Not bad considering it's so expensive!

That's pretty impressive. Even the 20th Anniversary statue took much longer to sell out.

I didn't bite this time. Was hoping the new pictures would entice me, but the poses and size just didn't impress me enough in the end. That and Zodd looks like he's doing a salsa dance.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
DirectDK said:
So who bit? The set sold out pretty quick. Sometime within 3 hours. Not bad considering it's so expensive!

Wow, that's crazy. Three hours? For that price? I get the impression certain Berserk fans have too much money on their hands.

yesmilord

千年王国
Armored_Berserk said:
People who have bought the set realized that the four statues are in different scale??

Regardless, this is the first iteration of some of these guys in apostle form. That alone is enough to convince die-hard AoW fans to purchase the set. That and the Ganishka face.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Armored_Berserk said:
...AOW will certainly make 1/10e statues of those so i don't understand why purchase this set now.

I have to agree with you. AoW will probably make 1/10 scale versions eventually. However, I guess I can understand the excitement. I love the Grunbeld statue. Still waaaaay out of my price range, though.

yesmilord said:
I didn't bite this time. Was hoping the new pictures would entice me, but the poses and size just didn't impress me enough in the end. That and Zodd looks like he's doing a salsa dance.

Agreed on the salsa dance! Zodd wasn't needed in this set, that's for sure. We already have like a billion versions of him, he could have sat out of this one (especially after that epic Wyald and Zodd statue).

Tirade said:
Wow, that's crazy. Three hours? For that price? I get the impression certain Berserk fans have too much money on their hands.

Or we are just crazzzzaaaay. I have to pay this one in partial payments. Thankfully, AOW is releasing very few statues per year now, so I am able to afford them for the most part. But I agree, these prices are getting ridiculous. I know there can't be THAT many gung-ho collectors out there that gotta get everything.

Armored_Berserk said:
...AOW will certainly make 1/10e statues of those so i don't understand why purchase this set now.

Hmmm. I wouldn't be so sure about this. We've never even seen a 1/10 Zodd Apostle, so a 1/10 Grunbeld Apostle is out of the question (heck even the previous AOW Grunbeld standing statue is 1/15 scale). I think these statues will fit just fine with all the random scales we have now, 1/10, 1/12 (rough estimation of Guts Falconia and Armored Berserk dioramas), and 1/15.

Anyhow all in all, I would have much preferred a set with just Irvine, Grunbeld, and Locus, at a cheaper price point. But I am thankful they FINALLY experimented with some new characters. Irvine!!!!

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
I forget about the scalping possibility too. Could there be that many guys trying to order the exclusive in order to resell it for more? Sad if that happens to be the case.

yesmilord

千年王国
Tirade said:
I forget about the scalping possibility too. Could there be that many guys trying to order the exclusive in order to resell it for more? Sad if that happens to be the case.

I think that's happened before.
You'll see a lot of Zodd IIIs and Zodd Senmas floating around auction sites for much lower prices from various sellers. I get the feeling like these stores jumped the gun and bought a stock of them, and now they can't get rid of them! (I would know first hand: got my III for 250 shipped and my Senma for 400 shipped) Majority should still be individual collectors though.

Also if they ever made a Grunbeld 1/10 Apostle, I think I might just have to do with one kidney.

It's a great idea to bring out new characters. I like that for sure!

Still I passed.

And please AOW: DON'T BRING OUT ANYMORE ZODD STATUES! 10,000 TIMES -> If you must release another Zodd then PLEASE A HUMAN VERSION!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Armored_Berserk said:
We want Irvine, Locus, Grunberd, Rakshas, Ganishka, a diorama with Femto/Skullknight/Zodd/Ganishka :chomp:

Schierke, Serpico, Isidro, Farnese, the Beast of Darkness, Puck & Ivalera (in their normal forms), Roderick... The list is long. Hell, even a new Casca would be nice, it's not like the old ones are particularly good. I'd also mention that AOW has seldom used any of the adversaries Guts faced in the past. They've got enough material for years with those, not to mention characters like Pippin or Rickert that were never truly exploited.

Of course I've been saying this for about 5 years now so at this point I can't say I'm holding my breath.

yesmilord said:
That and Zodd looks like he's doing a salsa dance.

haha :ganishka:

DirectDK said:
I think these statues will fit just fine with all the random scales we have now, 1/10, 1/12 (rough estimation of Guts Falconia and Armored Berserk dioramas), and 1/15.

I think you are wrong! Gurunberd is not 1/15e; he is 1/20e

The statue "Armored Berserk with Fire Dragon" is 1/15e, Guts is about 12cm (standing).

Gurunberd is 13,5cm tall, and from what I know from volume 27, Guts is not approximatively the same size as Gurunberd.

If these statues will not fit together then I don't think they will fit with the others, that is totally unrealistic. I want my statues to tell a story, to introduce Berserk with these big Apostles.

I passed. Gurunberd 1/15e would be so nice.

Drakull said:
haha :ganishka:

I think you are wrong! Gurunberd is not 1/15e; he is 1/20e

The statue "Armored Berserk with Fire Dragon" is 1/15e, Guts is about 12cm (standing).

Gurunberd is 13,5cm tall, and from what I know from volume 27, Guts is not approximatively the same size as Gurunberd.

Heh, I don't really want to get into an argument about scales with you, but you didn't really read my post correctly... Also, I'm not wrong. :casca:

Firstly, I didn't say the new Grunbeld is 1/15... I said the FIRST Grunbeld is 1/15. Secondly, if you compare AOW's 1/15 Guts on horse, Griffith on horse, God Hand set, action figures, etc. with the Armored Berserk with Fire Dragon, you will see the Armored Berserk is slightly bigger. So, that's what lead me to say it was roughly 1/12. Is it exact? No, but it's certainly not 1/15 according to AOW's previous statues. It's just somewhere between 1/10 and 1/15.

Also, Drakull, my response was originally written to point out that AOW is unlikely to ever release any of these apostle statues in 1/10 scale. Please read more carefully.

Lastly, my original point is we already have a whole bunch of random scales. Let me say again, differently, and maybe you will understand. We have:

1. 1/10, all the standard human statues
2. 1/15, guts/griffith on horse, god hand, etc
3. 1/12 (or anything IN BETWEEN 1/10 and 1/15), guts falconia, guts fire dragon, irvine human (this one aow claims to be 1/10 but it's clearly smaller than 1/10), zodd revelations (again, another one aow claims to be 1/10 but it's clearly not to scale with guts 1/10), and the list goes on.

In the end, we already have a ton of inconsistencies...

Top Bottom