Super SF4

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Breed1Ghost said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlAj-2PuX0

Rumor has it they are releaseing 10 new chars or something. Anyone hear about this?

Haven't heard of it, but honestly I am not too interested at the moment. Mass Effect has my full attention.

They mentioned T.Hawk and Deejay being already made, just didn't make the cut for release. If there are 10 new characters that would be cool but a bit overkill.

edit: never mind - it was official today but with 8 characters. nice.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Breed1Ghost said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlAj-2PuX0

Rumor has it they are releaseing 10 new chars or something. Anyone hear about this?

yes actually, from www.fudzilla.com They said that they were going to announce something big at the end of the day. So is this going to have all the people that were cut from previous games?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, I like the look of the Korean girl, Juri. I think I'll be getting that one, since I passed on the first SFIV.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
People have discovered through some video and screens that characters will have selectable Ultra's, which is something I wanted from the first version, but more than anything else I want Q in the game

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Walter said:
Are we sure this will be a separate game, and not just a DLC-type thing?

The game designer (Yoshinori Ono) himself said it will be a separate game, supposedly the additions to the game were too much for DLC to handle. Though he also said it won't be a full priced game(I'm guessing $40).

Here's an interview with the designer :http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230545/

Gameplay of T.Hawk vs Juri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs
if the gameplay is any indication of the final result of SSF4, then I don't know why it couldn't be DLC

I am really digging Juri she seems pretty cool. Never really liked T.Hawk. I dont know why but I kinda like Remy from sf3 hope they bring him or the ninja girl cant rememebr her name to sf4 also.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Breed1Ghost said:
the ninja girl cant rememebr her name to sf4 also.

Her name is Ibuki. If this is a separate game then it iwill be a better deal for those who haven't purchased it(Like me) since I have only played the arcade since it's so close to my home.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Cronus said:
They mentioned T.Hawk and Deejay being already made, just didn't make the cut for release. If there are 10 new characters that would be cool but a bit overkill.

edit: never mind - it was official today but with 8 characters. nice.

Two characters that should have never been created in the first place, especially T Hawk.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Her name is Ibuki. If this is a separate game then it iwill be a better deal for those who haven't purchased it(Like me) since I have only played the arcade since it's so close to my home.

Yeah thats it. Defintly sucks that i already have but since ittle be abour 40 bucks or less god willing It isnt to bad buying it over again but still its not fair.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
Defintly sucks that i already have but since ittle be abour 40 bucks or less god willing It isnt to bad buying it over again but still its not fair.

They said there would be a bonus in it for people who've already bought SFIV.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Slime_Beherit said:
The game designer (Yoshinori Ono) himself said it will be a separate game, supposedly the additions to the game were too much for DLC to handle. Though he also said it won't be a full priced game(I'm guessing $40).

Here's an interview with the designer :http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230545/

Gameplay of T.Hawk vs Juri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs
if the gameplay is any indication of the final result of SSF4, then I don't know why it couldn't be DLC

From http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15738/1/

Capcom finally spilled the beans and, as suspected, Super Street Fighter IV is coming in the spring of 2010. When it is finally released, it will be available for both the Xbox 360 as well as the PlayStation 3.

While Capcom is calling it a “follow-up” to the successful Street Fighter IV, the new version will add new characters, advanced online game play, and new ultra combos to master. According to Capcom, while they did consider the possibility of doing a downloadable add-on to Street Fighter IV, the amount of new content was just so large that the company felt it was necessary to do an actual disc release.

While the entire roster of new characters was not revealed, the company did say that all 25 characters from Street Fighter IV would be included, as well as characters from previous Street Fighter games, including T. and Juri that we told you about yesterday. No word on how many additional characters will be included.

While Capcom did not announce pricing, it is thought that it will retail for the standard $60 when it is released. Fans of the series are likely to be all over the improvements and new characters, but those that already purchased Street Fighter IV might be a little more cautious; Capcom will have its work cut out for it to entice these people on the fence into buying Super Street Fighter IV when it is released next year.

Found this here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=streetfighter&thread.id=11143

By no means does most of this mean its confirmed but if this is even remotely close to what they have in mind for the game then I'm not impressed. They have full games available as DLC in the ps store. Why not just release a large SSF4 DLC upgrade pack?

I'm not getting this. Its only gonna be around $40 but it still pisses me off after getting the collector's edition of SF4 and then this comes out only a year later. At least back in the day I don't remember the exact dates but all the champion's, turbos, super turbos were released within a longer time frame. I just don't get it because at this point my SF4 game is rendered useless when this comes out. Besides, whatever little surprise they have for SF4 owners.

I'm wondering, what about the trophies? Would I have to get them all over again? And my rankings online in SF4? Will they get transferred over to SSF4? I doubt it.

October 1, 2009

Highlights from the Famitsu interview with Ono:

* Ono STRONGLY hinted at Bonus Stages, more specifically at the level where barrels fall at you from above.
* There will be AT LEAST 8 new characters, but no concrete answer on the exact number.
* They will be looking at fan input for the most wanted character to add to the roster.
* Ono describes Juri as a Fei Long-esque Viper. Which basically means that long combo strings are easy to do with her, so at the moment she is way too powerful.

* Returning characters from previous Street Fighter games are:
o From Street Fighter II: Dee Jay and T. Hawk
o From Street Fighter III: Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto
o From Street Fighter Alpha: Adon, Cody, and Guy

* The new characters are rumored to be:
o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
o It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
o Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
o All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
* Some characters will have Air Ultras.
* The Bonus Stages will be returning.
* An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.
* Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
* Ibuki has a run command.
* Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from CvS.
* Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
* Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
* Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
* Guy has his Chain combos.
* Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
* Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
* The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
* Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
* T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
* Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
* There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
At least back in the day I don't remember the exact dates but all the champion's, turbos, super turbos were released within a longer time frame.

The World Warrior - March 1991
Champion Edition - April 1992
Hyper Fighting - December 1992
The New Challengers - October 1993
Super Street Fighter II Turbo - March 1994

Of course that's not counting all the different console versions, those are purely arcade editions.

According to them, it would cost the same if they released the characters and additions to gameplay as DLC, so they decided to just release a new one to bring more attention to the new content.

Top Bottom