Gobolatula's Wacky Berserk Art

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I have been having a terrible time drawing Guts' Berserker armor. This is one of my attempts. After a while of toiling, I just gave up and started doodling Schierke, Griffith, and some other stuff.
isuck.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.

Does anyone have any pointers on drawing the berserker armor, or even just armor in general?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: Gobolatula's Berserk Art Training

Hey Gobo, looks like you're off to a good start. :badbone:

Regarding the Berserker Armor, or any armor for that matter, the key is to do it in steps: start with a stick figure to map out proportions, then fill it out with ovals to define the body's shape. After adding some further definition to show where the muscles are, you can start drawing the armor on top of it, erasing the muscle definition as the armor covers it. As far as drawing the armor itself goes, the manga will be your best guide, naturally. Make sure to keep multiple references with you so you'll know how to draw it at varying angles.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Re: Gobolatula's Berserk Art Training

Muchas gracias, Miss Grail. I'll keep on practicing with just that in mind. And I'll post pictures along the way!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
:griffnotevil: Berserk Funnies Episode 1: "A Victory Toast" :guts:
griffithyoufatcunt.gif

:griffnotevil: Berserk Funnies Episode 2: "Everybody Hates Griffith!" :schierke:
schierkerevenge1.gif

schierkerevenge2.gif

schierkerevenge3.gif

schierkerevenge4.gif

Until next time!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
WHY, THANK YOU!

I hate to toot my own horn, but it's almost as if I copy+pasted Griffith's face right from volume 5 right onto a blank head. I really am getting good at this.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Ha-Ha! That last one made me chuckle. Griffith is so pretty in the last frame, you can't help but feel bad yelling at him. Great drawings, would love to see more. : D I think I remember the picture from volume 5 you're talking about.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
:schierke: Berserk Funnies, Episode 3: "Everybody Loves Schierke!" :schierke:
poseidon.gif

Looking forward to episode 308 and the awesome battle that will follow!

Ha ha, that's pretty funny and good job with Shierke's face and the way you drew the paint that Puck and Isidro put on her face. :ganishka:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thanks, everyone.

Here's an attempt at an attempt at a color... This turned out to be a lot more difficult than I thought it'd be, so I took a permanent break after Schierke. I gotta read Lith's tutorial.
schierkepaintycolor.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Gobolatula said:
Here's an attempt at an attempt at a color... This turned out to be a lot more difficult than I thought it'd be, so I took a permanent break after Schierke. I gotta read Lith's tutorial.

Nice start! Heh, I gotta write a proper tutorial, I don't even color the way I used to when I wrote the old one, anymore.

Top Bottom