Current Episodes

CnC

Ad Oculos
Current Episodes Thread

Well the first part was rather dialogue driven (and I don't have a translation), but the last few pages were rockin'

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

Well, I see I'm not the only one who had the release date memorized, I came here considering whether or not to revive the thread and it's already up top. :guts:

Anyway, my favorite moment was Musashi's zombie stare on page 21, it just screams, "I AM YOUR DEATH."

I like the cover too. BTW, volume 25 is out tomorrow in Japan and May 15th in the good ole' USA.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Awesome. [hide]Ueda got shown.[/hide] I guess Mushi is trying to use others' swords before drawing his own, due to the number of people he has to fight.

I noticed Inoue didn't bring (or at least hasn't shown yet) Denshichiro's son/the child heir of Yoshioka into this battle. Interesting.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

vaga25lp6.jpg

GnM's mention of volume 25 reminded me to locate it. An improvement over volume 24, but not quite as good as 23 =P

Griffith No More! said:
I like the cover too.
Aye. It reminded me of volume 5's front cover from what back when.

Walter said:
I noticed Inoue didn't bring (or at least hasn't shown yet) Denshichiro's son/the child heir of Yoshioka into this battle. Interesting.
I too am curious about that. If I remember rightly, he's supposed to be on a hill, with a bunch of Yoshioka yojimbo.. but pages 10-11 didn't suggest that. Then again, it's been an awfully long time since I read the novel and we know Inoue isn't going page for page with his manga adaptation.

Oh and in response to your spoiler tag: that scene kind of shocked me. I wasn't sure who it was at first, but after reading over the chapter a second time, I was certain. I guess anyone is disposable in the wake of Musashi right now.

This is somewhat unrelated to the topic of 225 -- but I saw this and realised that I must have one:

vagatshirtln5.jpg

Current Episodes Thread

Dear god they are churning this out FAST in the states. May 15th and caught up again?...Just, damn. I've read up to about 13 or so and own the first 5 volumes, still waiting for my store to stop being so damn lazy and fill in a few gaps. But yeah...
Anyways, is the shirt import only or is it a stateside release?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
Then again, it's been an awfully long time since I read the novel and we know Inoue isn't going page for page with his manga adaptation.
Pretty sure the kid was near the tree in the novel.

Oh and in response to your spoiler tag: that scene kind of shocked me. I wasn't sure who it was at first, but after reading over the chapter a second time, I was certain. I guess anyone is disposable in the wake of Musashi right now.
He had it coming. He's also the leader, and best to take him out first, while he's still surprised at his sudden appearance.

This is somewhat unrelated to the topic of 225 -- but I saw this and realised that I must have one:
That shirt would be awesome if it didn't have Matahachi :troll:

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
Current Episodes Thread

My computer is broke so I had to wait until today (hoorah college lab) to see the new chapter and I must say that it is damn good. I like how Musashi wastes no time in attacking the leader and I can't wait until the next chapter.

What website has that shirt?

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

New episode sheds some interesting light as usual. I wonder if Musashi was really even aware of Ueda.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

When I finally got the new chapter, I was surprised to only see 14 pages.. but the last panel more than makes up for it. Cannot wait for 227 :badbone:

Griffith No More! said:
New episode sheds some interesting light as usual. I wonder if Musashi was really even aware of Ueda.

I really got the impression that he didn't... but everyone else certainly did.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
When I finally got the new chapter, I was surprised to only see 14 pages.. but the last panel more than makes up for it.

Wow, you can say that again, I honestly didn't even notice it was so short. I mean, it felt like it ended too soon and I wanted more as always, but I had no clue there were actually so few pages until I read your post, and even then I had to go check. =)

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

That last post stank of sarcasm... but surely you'd never stoop to such methods =P

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

No, I was quite genuinely surprised; but, my reputation supercedes me. =)

Anyway, still wondering how this will play out, I don't think he can keep up this level of serenity for all of them; he's already arguably broken concentration on the last page, and Inoue may have left the door ajar for Ueda still.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Griffith No More! said:
No, I was quite genuinely surprised; but, my reputation supercedes me. =)

Anyway, still wondering how this will play out, I don't think he can keep up this level of serenity for all of them; he's already arguably broken concentration on the last page, and Inoue may have left the door ajar for Ueda still.
Yeah, I'm also suspicious of the way Ueda was struck. It could play out in many ways. But I'm guessing with a portion of his skull missing, he's no longer able to hold a sword to any proficiency.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

The spoiler tags don't seem to be working, so tread carefully around this post...

227 is out and it's another belter! A little longer in length this time (16 pages of glory), and with just as much style and grace as chapter 226. The two swords are gone, but Musashi's trance like state remains. I loved the way Inoue used different methods for Musashi's strikes.. I especially like page 11 =) Feckin' badass. No signs of Ueda getting up anytime soon. Maybe that gun of his will find its way into another Yoshioka's hands though...

I'm really starting to wish I didn't give my copy of the book away :miura:

Kagami

Goo!
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
The spoiler tags don't seem to be working, so tread carefully around this post...

I'm really starting to wish I didn't give my copy of the book away :miura:

Why on earth did you?!

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Kagami said:
Why on earth did you?!

A long time friend of mine, who actually introduced me to the life of Musashi, travelled from Calgary in Canada all the way to Maryland to spend a couple of hours with me at an Opeth concert. After a bunch of bullshit, including him missing his bus, getting kicked out of the gig for holding one of my beers (we was 2 days away from being 21) and me busting him back in there... well, words can't really do that kind of thing justice. So I gave him my copy as a small token of my gratitude -- and he was blown away. It was the least I could do after all that, man...

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Funkmasta Zeph said:
So how many of the Ten Swordsman of Yoshioka are left now?

Since Musashi has cut down Ueda and Horikawa, there's at least four left (of the six that confronted him before); assuming that last guy hitting the ground on page 16 wasn't Yoichi. =)

But there should be five, it's always been kind of fuzzy and inconsistent though (different models, and number around at any given time, they usually seem one short), here's a list though:

Ueda
Toji
Otaguro
Miike
Yoichi
Kurando
Horikawa
Fujiie
Tagaya
Azuma

Unless some of them have been cut down unrecognized in this battle, those five should be left, and Otaguro should still be alive but he hasn't been around since sacrificing his arm to Den.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Chapter 228 was un-bloody-believable.

You might need to strike a few more names from that list, Griff :guts:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
Chapter 228 was un-bloody-believable.

You might need to strike a few more names from that list, Griff :guts:

Yeah, Fujiie's done for, and still no sign of Azuma (who hasn't been around since Den lost).

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

pic1j.gif

Gee, I wonder what the next issue is about???​

pic2j.gif

A more a typical preview sketch.​

Top Bottom