Current Episodes

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

229 is out and it's similar to its recent predecessors. Amazingly... this isn't get old in the least bit. Reading this whole thing in a volume continuously will be pure joy.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

CnC said:
The crows scene was creepy.

....awesome.

Bah! I knew I forgot to mention something. What an utterly gruesome scene! I love how he didn't even flinch. But, yah.... awesome.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

I was hoping this was going to go volume+ last episode, and with all the little subplots like Kurando going to check on Ueda (still alive...? =), and Yoichi's attack plan, it could easily fill a couple of volumes if he wanted. But, I'm hoping for even more, namely Musashi slaying all 70 of them on screen. By my casual count, he's only up to about 26. :carcus:

And there's always that fear that, as with Inoue lately, it's just going to jump ahead to something else; like Musashi's waking up surrounded by bodies, "What happened?" =)

But then...

ueda.jpg

Zombie Ueda ATTACK!​

Uriel said:
Bah! I knew I forgot to mention something. What an utterly gruesome scene! I love how he didn't even flinch. But, yah.... awesome.

Haha, rare indeed you forget to mention something! :troll:

Sorry for the cryptic reply, but talk in the chatroom recently turned to the biggest spoilers on the site and I think your name came up, fairly or not; that's why I found this statement so funny. :guts:

For the record, a couple of others were Dwarfkicker and... Walter! :badbone:

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Griff: :p
I know I'm a habitual spoiler, but I've been trying hard lately, damn it!

Walter said:
Me? Whaaaaaat? I'm the spoiler police goddamnit.
Yes you! I'd need four hands to count the amount of times you've spoiled shit for me :miura: ... Okay, I'm either getting banned or demoted to -1000 posts.

Current Episodes Thread

For the record, a couple of others were Dwarfkicker and... Walter!

Wait....what?! :???:
I thought the only things I spoiled were for Advent Children?

And I apologized for that (though the damage was already done :guts: )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

dwarfkicker said:
Wait....what?! :???:
I thought the only things I spoiled were for Advent Children?

And I apologized for that (though the damage was already done :guts: )
I seem to remember the Superman Returns thread...

Current Episodes Thread

For some strange reason I have no memory of an incident in there. Time to go check.

Edit

Oh that's right. I quoted a spoiler. Yeah that was pretty dumb :schierke:

I've been good since that incident.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

THAT WAS MINE, KEEP YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF IT, YOU KICKER OF DWARVES!!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

You guy's disappoint me, we're up to 231 and about 40 kills and nada going on in this thread. Come on, is there nothing more to say until it's over? =)

Inoue's comments on #229 sketch page:

"I had a dream last night.
I was walking alongside a road and saw a wire net with numerous (dead) crows stuck to it.
In front of me there was a group of people in a circle with their backs to me.
Then suddenly, with a boom, one of their heads split open like a watermelon.
He had been shot in the back of the head by someone behind me.
The sky was yellow.
My sketches are certainly having an effect on me...."

"Scenes with lots of people and action scenes are tough to draw, but things feel good overall.
I'm working on the parts which puts a lot of wear and tear on an artist's body and soul, and every week after I finish my work I feel as drained as a cast off shell, but overall things are probably at their best.
Is it hard to understand what "the overall feeling" is?
Although I'm mentally and physically tired, there's something... a feeling that things are worth it.
Things certainly are worth it.
Yes,that's the feeling."

Oh, and start checking stores for volume 25, it's out in places.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Current Episodes Thread

231, old new by now.
Seems weve gotten a break from 10 Sword killing...but Yoichi and his group are ready to make thier move.
Where the hell is Tagaya?

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

vagapic26.gif
Cover of volume 26 is out and looks cool from the tiny picture.

Also, #234 should hit this week, so I think we're getting a rare Berserk/Vagabond simulcast. Love those Berserkabond weeks.

Berserkabond.jpg

Dirty Dog

Current Episodes Thread

Griffith, I love you. :guts:

and this is very good news for me, been waiting to see some more ass-kicking for like ever now it seems.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

*weeps for joy*

vagabondv26coverdb5.jpg

With all the Lost Odyssey information flying around, it's good to see some Musashi instead of that Kaim chap. I cannot wait to see more of the same stuff. I'm wondering if he'll take on all 70 though... I don't remember him doing so in the novel. We'll wait and see, though =)

Edit - Good work, GnM!!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Ooh, large cover shot, thanks man.

Uriel said:
I'm wondering if he'll take on all 70 though... I don't remember him doing so in the novel. We'll wait and see, though =)

Well, he took them all on, he just didn't actually dispatch every last one of them. Anyway, he's got around 50 or more kills already, so I wouldn't be surprised if Inoue's doing scratch marks on his drawing desk, going all the way! =)

From the sketches it looks like we'll be seeing Kojiro though, I hope he'll be visiting the battlefield like in the novel rather than us being pulled away from it.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

The newest chapter (234) was excellent!

I can't help but like Kojiro. I think Inoue is setting it up so the conclusion crushes our soul. He might well join the fray of the battle, but after reading the chapter, I can't see how he'll make it in time. It's not impossible, though. It's been so long that I forgot what a treat it is to be reading Vagabond. One of the few manga's that delivers on every level. Pages 8 and 9 are going to be my wallpaper from now on (after some fine editing). I do hope things move along and out of Kyōto to when Musashi lives his days in solitude...

Either way, it's good to have Musashi back =) Next week's release will rocks, no doubt.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Current Episodes Thread

I dunno man, the art is as good as always but I feel Inoue has lost the proper pacing a manga should have.

... :troll:

its excellent, as expected.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, Inoue obviously doesn't care about the history of the Vagabond world. This story is obviously very flawed, he can't even do it all at once, it's like once a week; and now I have to wait another 3 days to see what lame thing happens next? I'm so disappointed as a professional Internet critic.

Now excuse me, I have to go watch my Naruto CD-Rs and masturbate to Poke'mom hentai.

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Not sure who that was direct at, GnM, but it made me lulz anywho.

Newest chapter is out this week, and from the incredible descriptive preview images, we're in for a belter!

pic1jcz0.gif

Looks like VTEC just kicked in, yo.

pic2jdg5.gif

"Aaaaaaaaah"​

Top Bottom