Current Episodes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
"The taste like the petroleum did."

Hmmm, enigmatic words. But what does it mean?!

He ate food that had expired in 2005. It tasted like oil.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

Haha, I love the proper translation, even changing petroleum to oil. :guts:

How about 244 and 245 for an encore? :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Mushi said:
Haha, I love the proper translation, even changing petroleum to oil. :guts:

How about 244 and 245 for an encore? :carcus:

Sorry, can't dignify this section with too many of my posts. :miura:

Plus, since I don't keep up with the series, I wouldn't want to spoil myself too much in the eventuality that I'll read it properly one day. :guts:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Aazealh said:
Sorry, can't dignify this section with too many of my posts. :miura:

Ha, I don't think we'll have to worry about that happening.

Uriel said:
Gah, lack of translations. I swear as soon as I can I'll take this translating project on by myself! :puck:

Kez tells me there's no longer a need for that.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

Just finished "reading" it.

Some classic Matahachi moments -- the sake panel will be sure to make the volume doodles! Other than that, another dialogue heavy chapter. Matahachi, as usual, is clearly at war with himself. The man lives a life of absolute regret -- it's pathetic. Yet, I still find myself feeling somewhat sorry for him. After all, I believe he represents a lot of men who aren't of Musashi's caliber (i.e. most of us). To have been there at the start will undoubtedly throw a lot of his weak, scurrying moments back into his face when he find Musashi moving so far ahead.

Speaking of which, an early morning analysis might get thrown back in my face, so I'll stop here.

Oh, and Otsu was mindblowingly beautiful throughout.

Preview for Vagabond 247

247ace5.gif

247bmv4.gif

New previews coming your way like a freight train!

[quote author=Inoue Takehiko on the Web]

About former times there are no times when book and CD and DVD are bought from the edge which catches to the eyes.
"This ほ it is with reading? Being a time when you see? What it is not seen yet was attached so "and so on, one time the habit which it hesitates. It is necessary thing, but, it does also the kind of air which lets escape the encounter to which about 1% shines. . .

[/quote]

It's like he turns on his "poet" just for us..

First page is pretty clear.. the second, though. Well, any guesses? I think that's a wound...

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

2 Points for Wally! :badbone:

It's a nasty looking wound too. I don't know what it is Takuan is saying during this chapter, but it definitely has an impact on Otsu. Still, new Vagabond first thing in the morning is the best kind of way to start my 23rd year of life :p

CnC

Ad Oculos
Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:
It's a nasty looking wound too. I don't know what it is Takuan is saying during this chapter, but it definitely has an impact on Otsu.

I wanna say he's saying he can no longer live as a swordsman. That's probably way off, tho. Anyways it's an interesting chapter. I'm wondering what Matahachi's saying towards the end

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

VY9P6990cake.jpg

Happy Birthday, Uriel.​

I'm sure Takuan said something like Musashi might not fully recover, his wounds could be fatal (or maybe just that he's going to Hell =), but in reality I think at worst he'll have a limp, and maybe only in name, something that hurts he can bitch about it (though knowing Mushi he'll just rub some dirt on it and be okay). It would cool if it required him to take a few years off from fighting though, go into farming, play house with Otsu, disappear, only to come out of retirement and use his powers for good, singlehandedly destroying an army of evil bandits and saving the town, making him more famous than ever and creating further clamor for a duel with Kojiro! And that's with many smaller adventures in between, we gotta meet Ito and Gonosuke again after all! Well, we can dream, anyway. =)

Anyway, I hope Matahachi is unknowingly apologizing for being such a sleaze in life in general, starting with abandoning Otsu. Though, I'm most excited to hear what Takuan has to say to Musashi, my favorite line of these chapters so far has been:

"You came back. (Back from the gates of Hell...)"

Now was he referring to the awfulness of the battlefield or the awfulness of Musashi's deed? I think they need to redefine kindness. :guts:

Uriel

Current Episodes Thread

Cheers, Griff! :guts:

Aye, I think the "Musashi is boned" news is the only thing that can get that sort of reaction out of Otsu. And yeah, ousting bandits. That'd be nice!

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Well, translation confirms our suspicions:

"Musashi... Can live by the sword no longer..."

:isidro:

Of course, how much you want to bet on the opposite? =) Anyway, this is a pretty awesome development and direction of the story and character.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Current Episodes Thread

Mushi said:
Well, translation confirms our suspicions:

"Musashi... Can live by the sword no longer..."

This confirms my suspicions.. I'm actually an expert in Japanese...

:troll:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, you hit it on the head. I just hope you're right about Indy too. :troll:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

CnC said:
That's between me and Griffith no More. Mind your own business, "Mushi"

He... Can live by the Internet no longer...

Hmmm, something about all this gives me a strange idea...

mushigriff2.jpg
mushigriff.jpg

Walter said:
-THE END-

mushigriff1.jpg

Mushi no more. =(​

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, MS paint or not, that looks fine. But yeah, the idea of Gutahatchi is causing my mind to simultaneously implode and explode, resulting in twisted thoughts like this:

mushiwyald.jpg

Current Episodes Thread

Oh man, It took me this long to realize that wasn't Wyalds face.
Genius, Mushi.. just genius.

Well here's my latest abomination.

Best I could do with the tools I had at hand.. ms paint-Damn you!!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Current Episodes Thread

This is a tangent to the thread that I not only welcome, I eagerly await further deviations...

excellent, Ramen..

Top Bottom