Current Episodes

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I just took another look at the first preview page and looked at the bottom right corner. It looks like Otaguro for me, I am not really sure, but from the sketch seems to have sideburns and those squinting eyes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
I just took another look at the first preview page and looked at the bottom right corner. It looks like Otaguro for me, I am not really sure, but from the sketch seems to have sideburns and those squinting eyes.
No way. It's definitely Takuan.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Well, I'll take a stab and say I think Takuan is still talking to the deputy shogunate. I don't see anything in the previews that shows it's _definitely_ Musashi depicted here.

Ooh, very good call.

Walter said:
Anyway, the scene with Takuan in the last ep, and this whole scenario reminded me of when, in Yoshikawa's novel, Musashi visited with all the higher ups in the land, who were offering him great positions, and he found out his "low reputation" precluded him from accepting any of them. I have a feeling a similar circumstance will end this arc, and he'll then be off for Edo.

Yeah, that would be convenient, except the job Takuan is offering is already in Edo, so it wouldn't preclude anything like that. Also, in the book I remember it was an even bigger deal, like he was going to be head instructor/adviser to the Shogun, basically running the country, except all the unfair lies about him made it politically untenable, and of course, Musashi didn't want the job anyway and was relieved to have his freedom, whereas the Shogun's official felt deeply regretful about losing him. I always thought it was a rather transparent attempt by Yoshikawa to prop up Musashi's spotty service legacy, "Oh, the top guys REALLY wanted him, but he was just too great for the job!" Yeah. =)

Since Inoue doesn't have the same motives, I don't know that it'll get to that level, so perhaps this Musashi will flirt with a lower level position. Here's a random thought, but that scenario could be an interesting time to have him fight Gonnosuke in a friendly sparring/demonstration match and maybe come up short due to his injury.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Thanks translation! So, Musashi came to somewhat of a conclusion about his life of the sword. Indeed Takua and Kouetsu talk was good and it does seem the bird at the end is symbolic. :guts:
Eagle_flying.gif

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

So the talk between Kouetsu and Takuan continues, it seems they are still talking about both Kojiro and Musashi. Musashi is chopping wood, for some practice I assume. Matahachi makes a brief return with her mother. It's funny they show both Kojiro and Musashi holding a stick. Nice episode :guts:

mushi.jpg

I"m a lumber jack​

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Another good one. I like the continued paralleling of Musashi and Kojiro of course, and Musashi's wood chopping (has he joined the Heihachi's woodcut school? =), though I really want to know what happened with Otaguro.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Otaguro? I would say the Chief when he asked Musashi and if he knew the name on the last episode, he went himself to look into this matter. I would say he will fight his way through to next time he has another visit. Since Musashi was out chopping wood, and he could have had his chance there .He must have been scorted out by the guards he met .

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Well, he already had his sword drawn and everything, and looked quite mad, he basically reminded me of Toji at the end. So, it looked to me like he was going to fight his way through right then. Even with one arm, I wouldn't underestimate his ability, so is he still causing a ruckus, or was he stopped, arrested, ejected, or killed. I mean, Musashi's already back in his cell now, but I'm assuming we'll see some sort of continuation or resolution to this before the volume ends. Perhaps if he doesn't burst on to the scene, the lord will bring up with Musashi in their next chat.

vol.gif

267a.gif

267b.gif

This is why each week cornered quite a struggle to the sources, and 〆 Are Off to a last-minute balancing act, it is also tired.
Someday, this tingling feeling that will come but when the cornerstone.
Rather touching and thought, may even think it makes me want to go there regardless.
This irritated a soggy day at the moment even if we accept the whole, even in bad taste will not do.
Series now settled at least two more times.

Inoue Takehiko

Wow, ahead of Inoue on the Web even.

Takuan and Koetsu's conversation continues, there's a flashback/dream about Musashi and Matahatchi, some brief wood cutting, and more conversation with the lord (who's quite the carver himself). The conversation becomes serious and very heavy for Musashi, who looks uncomfortable throughout, probably because they're discussing his future, forcing him to consider it, along with Takuan's words and Otsu. Anyway, looks very compelling, especially the look Musashi's getting at the end.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I wonder if Katsushige will still ask Musashi if he's going to give up the sword, or just chat abit more. I also expecting to see his carving design. I hope this flashback gives some advice to Matahachi.

P.S. have you guys seen the tshirts they have on sale on the website http://www.itplanning.co.jp/shop.html#

too bad they aren't available here yet. I would definately buy them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Given the serious crossroad Inoue has set up for Musashi in recent episoes, and given the direction Yoshikawa took him following the Yoshioka battle, I'll postulate that Musashi will choose to deny any offers from Mr. Big Shot here, and instead become Farmer Mushi, beginning one of the coolest parts of the novel.

Here's hoping anyway :slan:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Nice episode, alot of talking. So much talking that the ghoul was yawning, which I thought was funny.

=====================================================================================

I thought the bowl was Kojiro's and that's why Kouetsu had it. Now I know it's cracked because the fire was too strong. Eventhough, it is not the desired final product he still likes it and finds it beautiful. I guess if that letter is for Musashi to find a job at the Tokugawa, you know like a reference letter for Mushi. That dream sequence kinda startled Musashi somehow. Maybe he's thinking if it's true what Matahachi said. About him achieving something great, while just shouting "hya" in battles. Now, Itakura has admiration for Mushi and tells him to write what he has come to learn in the 22 years of struggle he has endured. Funny Mushi answering he might be terrible at it.

All in all, a very good episode and little hints of what's to come.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Nice conversation between Kouetsu and Tokuan about the swords invention and thoughts about its purpose.I liked it very much. I dont know how accurate the translation is, but at least it gives me more info that I had before. Matahachi still making some lies, but he seems genuine to return to Miyamoto Village. Takuan mentioning that Musashi will also go to Kokura. :guts:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

It was a nice conversation, and boy does it seem that Inoue might be drawing them closer together sooner than we thought. I hope Walter is right and Musashi derails it before it gets to the point where they'll basically have to have the duel. I can't wait to read the Viz edition of that conversation too, for I find some of the online translations to be difficult at times, especially in complex passages such as this.

It's interesting, Inoue has opened a real can of worms with all these different possible paths, I'm not sure what's going to happen next, other than Musashi eventually going to Edo. Still, there's so much going on for such close, personal, and introspective episodes.

Bunnet

Gender is our true trap
Current Episodes Thread

How is it possible that Musashi never knew of the existence of Edo until mention to him. I would have guess he would had encounter a swordsman from that region or eat something made there

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Bunnet said:
How is it possible that Musashi never knew of the existence of Edo until mention to him. I would have guess he would had encounter a swordsman from that region or eat something made there
Uhh, what? What exactly gave you the impression he didn't know about Edo? He's taken aback by the proposal that he go there and teach, but that's it.

Bunnet

Gender is our true trap
Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Uhh, what? What exactly gave you the impression he didn't know about Edo? He's taken aback by the proposal that he go there and teach, but that's it.
Just the way he express himself and his face emotions

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Bunnet said:
Just the way he express himself and his face emotions

Can you pinpoint those expressions and emtions. The ones I have seen lately have been of contemplation and deep thought.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

268a.gif

Google Translate said:
"A game worthy of the finals," or that it is often said, it is surprising and a final凡戦. But baseball was amazing WBC. Rare game so well suited to the finals. I started off watching the last name, I just can not look away at all.

South Korea's amazing tenacity. Extend the power to bring games to lose the game looks completely admirable.

And the story of Japan's great. Thanks. The beauty of baseball is, of course, and until they feel the beauty of human beings.
"TEAM", "UNITY", who feel that by such a stance. Delighted that it showed me that our team in Japan. I think it was appropriate for the winning team. Congratulations!

, Name names.

Inoue Takehiko

Bunnet said:

Musashi's expression is an indication of his shock dealing with the idea that he retire from the way of the sword to settle down with a job and a family, not the location. He also seems a bit surprised that such a path is open to him as well.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

time to put my sketch guessing to work. Looks like Otsu is back and is in some sort of predicament or some minor incident that she makes it look worse than what it is. That's all I can tell for now.

Bunnet

Gender is our true trap
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 武蔵 said:
Musashi's expression is an indication of his shock dealing with the idea that he retire from the way of the sword to settle down with a job and a family, not the location. He also seems a bit surprised that such a path is open to him as well.
most likely you guys are right and just ridding between the lines and trying too hard

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Sounds like some pretty good guesswork to me. I wonder if she's trying to see Musashi again.

Anyway, it's interesting to see Inoue talking Baseball for a change. I saw the end of the WBC Final between Japan and South Korea too and it was a good game, at least for Japan and Ichiro, who was fantastic. I can't believe they pitched to him and let him beat them with first base open in that spot.

Also, kudos to Google Translate, that was relatively comprehensible. Makes me think that the usual stuff Inoue says is what actually sounds weird, not the translations. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
Looks like Otsu is back and is in some sort of predicament or some minor incident that she makes it look worse than what it is. That's all I can tell for now.
:ganishka: I love how that that's your snap judgment of poor Otsu. She just wants a quiet life with Mushi :sad:

Anyway, yeah, I'm fairly sure it's Otsu, but that's all I can really tell at this point.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I guess Mushi does have quite some free time to have some fantasy time. I also noticed that Ueda was not drawn as graphic as before, he looks more clean and lesss scarred. Mushi also, seems to be swinging that pole for practice.

Top Bottom