Current Episodes

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

About Matahachi, that seemed to be it for him, since we kinda see what sort of person he becomes after his mother's death. He's still a drinker thought, no an alcoholic but still relishing the sake. I think it is a Musashi as a child what he sees. Maybe acknowledging him or just remembering him from the time at the village. Having a happy thought about his friend and realizing what he has accomplished and feeling happy for him instead of jealousy. I also think he might not remember Itto, since in Sekigahara he was in wild beast mode and was mainly focusing on getting rid of the soldiers. Remember when he fought Inshun he didn't remember much about him from the first match until he could "see" in the second match. I like that picture on page 19, It reminded me of when fawns drink water in rivers and as soon as they hear something they raise their head and ears to find out what it was. But with Musashi he seems he was still swallowing the water and then he caught Ittosai's presence and rose up to find out where it was coming from. And Ittosai doesn't seem to be having any footwear either. Was he washing his feet and are just somewhere behind him. It'll be funny if he says something like this: Ittosai: I spotted you from far away, but it took you so long to get here, that I got bored and took a nap. Musashi: Who are you? You seem strong old man.

P.S. Butterfly butterfly!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
About Matahachi, that seemed to be it for him, since we kinda see what sort of person he becomes after his mother's death. He's still a drinker thought, no an alcoholic but still relishing the sake.

Yeah, I got that same vibe, that this might be his swan song and we're really seeing the last of him in the series, at least as far as his story is concerned.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think it is a Musashi as a child what he sees. Maybe acknowledging him or just remembering him from the time at the village. Having a happy thought about his friend and realizing what he has accomplished and feeling happy for him instead of jealousy.

Could very well be, the kid somehow seems fainter like an apparition, though it could also just be a boy like he and Takezo when they were young, serving the same purpose, but, while also showing how life goes on.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I also think he might not remember Itto, since in Sekigahara he was in wild beast mode and was mainly focusing on getting rid of the soldiers. Remember when he fought Inshun he didn't remember much about him from the first match until he could "see" in the second match.

That's an interesting observation about Musashi's perception, though it's not like Musashi didn't remember Inshun anymore than Inshun forgot how big Musashi was, it was just a matter of their perceptions, and as you point out, Musashi just wasn't very observant in those days.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I like that picture on page 19, It reminded me of when fawns drink water in rivers and as soon as they hear something they raise their head and ears to find out what it was. But with Musashi he seems he was still swallowing the water and then he caught Ittosai's presence and rose up to find out where it was coming from.

Yeah, I think that's why he's so shocked, because unlike the old days, he's usually always aware of his surroundings and those in them. Unlike Seijuro, Ito wasn't eve sneaking up on him, he was just there. I'm sure Musashi'll recognize Ito for what he is just on that count.

Th3Branded0ne said:
And Ittosai doesn't seem to be having any footwear either. Was he washing his feet and are just somewhere behind him. It'll be funny if he says something like this: Ittosai: I spotted you from far away, but it took you so long to get here, that I got bored and took a nap. Musashi: Who are you? You seem strong old man.

Ito doesn't look like a man with a predilection for washing these days. =)

And yeah, I noticed the fact he was barefoot as well, and seems to be about a scumily dressed as anyone we've seen. Torn raggedly top, no shoes, and even shorts... he just doesn't care. I love it. :guts:

Th3Branded0ne said:
P.S. Butterfly butterfly!

:rakshas:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, I got that same vibe, that this might be his swan song and we're really seeing the last of him in the series, at least as far as his story is concerned.
When you insisted that I had to see this chapter, and I saw the time shift occur, and we see older Matahachi, I thought the series was about to end, no kidding ! :sad:

Could very well be, the kid somehow seems fainter like an apparition, though it could also just be a boy like he and Takezo when they were young, serving the same purpose, but, while also showing how life goes on.
Really, to me the kid just doesn't resemble Takezo. I think it's just some kid that reminded Matahachi of Takezo. Allow me to ramble with my explanation =)

There's no translation yet, but check out what Matahachi is doing on the bridge. He's sitting next to a sign, and the villagers there are asking him specifically about Musashi and Kojiro. I think it's possible that Matahachi is telling him his tale, and the people are doubting a drunkard like him knew these living (well, in Musashi's case anyway) legends. And this kid that comes up to him is probably inspired by Musashi and his legend, so Matahachi sees something familiar about him.

Anyway, that's what was running through my head about the Matahachi portion.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
When you insisted that I had to see this chapter, and I saw the time shift occur, and we see older Matahachi, I thought the series was about to end, no kidding ! :sad:

Well, in part, maybe it did. If anything, I think it showed just how committed, if not close, Inoue is to ending it within a reasonable amount of time. We're no longer safe reading the tea leaves, the next big even in Musashi's life could be the last before we flash-forward to him at 30, face to face with Kojiro.

Walter said:
Really, to me the kid just doesn't resemble Takezo. I think it's just some kid that reminded Matahachi of Takezo. Allow me to ramble with my explanation =)
There's no translation yet, but check out what Matahachi is doing on the bridge. He's sitting next to a sign, and the villagers there are asking him specifically about Musashi and Kojiro. I think it's possible that Matahachi is telling him his tale, and the people are doubting a drunkard like him knew these living (well, in Musashi's case anyway) legends. And this kid that comes up to him is probably inspired by Musashi and his legend, so Matahachi sees something familiar about him.

Anyway, that's what was running through my head about the Matahachi portion.

That's pretty much what I'm inclined to believe as well, though I do think the kid certainly resembles Takezo, it just doesn't look like it's literally him.

Current Episodes Thread

At first I thought who is this old man? Then I saw that smile, and thought ITTOOOOOOOO!!!! :mozgus:

With the flash forward with matahachi i wonder if Inoue is really considering cutting Vagabond short. If we next see another subcharacter like Otsu, and it flashes forward to HER future, I would seriously consider that it indicates a trend Vagabond is truly coming to a close. :sad: :sad: :judo:

It looks like Oko and Matahachi's kid to me! He has her evil seductive eyes... :casca:

But no it's probably just a village kid. Though I did think at first that it was a ghost or a vision, ebcause of the weird texturing on his clothes. It made hiim stand out. but i dont think thats the case.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Kalie Ma said:
With the flash forward with matahachi i wonder if Inoue is really considering cutting Vagabond short. If we next see another subcharacter like Otsu, and it flashes forward to HER future, I would seriously consider that it indicates a trend Vagabond is truly coming to a close. :sad: :sad: :judo:

I wouldn't think so, at least not that far. I think Otsu is going to remain relevant throughout Musashi's story, so no fear of her loose ends just being tied off. For that matter, I'd still like to see some personal closure between Matahatchi and Musashi... they aren't going to meet again!? Maybe everyone will reappear for the big duel.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Alright, so at least now I know Matahachi was telling stories about Musashi and Kojiro. From that I think we might still see him when Kojiro and Musashi meet. As for the kid he's talking to I have no idea who he is, might be shown in later volumes. So Musashi is "seeing"or you can say "hearing" quite effortlessly the echo. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

matahachi-already2.jpg

matahachi-already1.jpg

Just noticed this :serpico:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

:ganishka:

Anyway, I'm happy Matahatchi finally made peace with himself. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more even. Also, am I the only one that gets the feeling because Musashi is encountering Ito, he won't also encounter old man Yagyu?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 グリフィス said:
Also, am I the only one that gets the feeling because Musashi is encountering Ito, he won't also encounter old man Yagyu?
You are not alone. But this is a fair trade :griff:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I'm still saying he might reach Yagyu in his final moments in spite meeting Ito here. I"m also speculating he might have a meeting (or some dialogue) with Yagyu's grandson Hyougonosuke ( mispelled probably)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
I"m also speculating he might have a meeting (or some dialogue) with Yagyu's grandson Hyougonosuke ( mispelled probably)
Yeah those two seem destined to have more of a discussion. There was such a connection with them before.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
I'm still saying he might reach Yagyu in his final moments in spite meeting Ito here. I"m also speculating he might have a meeting (or some dialogue) with Yagyu's grandson Hyougonosuke ( mispelled probably)

That's a good point, and sadly, the old man's death would be a good reason for him to have returned home.

Walter said:
Yeah those two seem destined to have more of a discussion. There was such a connection with them before.

You'd think that about Matahatchi too though... So yeah, unless Inoue cheats us and Musashi flash-forwards to his cave-dwelling deathbed in the next episode. =)

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

276a.gif

276b.gif

Develop a new cafe is a candidate見TSUKERUBEKU new Ace stores.
I did know quite a lot Cafe

Inoue Takehiko

Summary:
Starts with Matahatchi on the bridge with a crowd waiting to hear his stories, but he's looking for the little boy from the other day who finally arrives, to Mata's satisfaction. Cut to Ito looking down on Musashi, and our collective sigh of relief that Inoue didn't cock block us in this episode. Ito instantly recognizes Musashi from their encounter at the battle of Sekigahara. Ito talks to Musashi and reaches for his... sword. And while nature calls Ito, something else calls to a bemused Musashi, who silently splits to Ito's own chagrin. Musashi is off contemplating Yagyu, and possibly what's become of him, and the episode ends when Ito suddenly appears sitting behind him, friendly as ever.

P.S. That's a big stream. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Hmm, this chapter has me wondering more about what kind of man Ittosai has become. Has he descended or ascended, along the way? He appears to be goading Musashi into a fight, and is surprised when Musashi instead just continues down the path, ignoring him.

Musashi seems so focused on Sekishusai, that I wonder if he'll miss a great opportunity to learn from another master. Similar to how he disregarded In'ei at first.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Hmm, this chapter has me wondering more about what kind of man Ittosai has become. Has he descended or ascended, along the way?
Well, he sure as descended when it comes to changing clothes. From what I have seen from Itto in prior volumes, I say he has ascended, but still keeping that attitude of his.

He appears to be goading Musashi into a fight, and is surprised when Musashi instead just continues down the path, ignoring him.
Hmmm... For me I would say he was kinda comparing him to his old wild beast he witness in Sekigahara, you know with that smart ass style of his. I also don't know if Itto would actually challenge Musashi in the state he is in.

Musashi seems so focused on Sekishusai, that I wonder if he'll miss a great opportunity to learn from another master. Similar to how he disregarded In'ei at first.

Yeah, he seems focus on Sekishusai, but after Itto arrives where he is. They might actually have a chat. Have to wait to know what really is being said.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
Hmmm... For me I would say he was kinda comparing him to his old wild beast he witness in Sekigahara, you know with that smart ass style of his. I also don't know if Itto would actually challenge Musashi in the state he is in.
Well, from the very little I can tell of what's being said, Itto is saying a lot more than just that. He has apparently kept tabs on Musashi, or at least has heard tales. He calls him by his name, and even mentions the Yoshioka fight. So I wonder if he's criticizing the path Musashi has taken, just to goad him into a fight, which is why Musashi looks a little miffed before he continues past Itto.

Either way, we'll know soon enough with a translation :daiba:

I also really like the new Matahachi story. It's pretty cute to see Matahachi with that knowing grin on his face. Quite a change for him =)

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
Hmm, this chapter has me wondering more about what kind of man Ittosai has become. Has he descended or ascended, along the way? He appears to be goading Musashi into a fight, and is surprised when Musashi instead just continues down the path, ignoring him.

I don't know if you can compare Ito to In'ei though, who admittedly said he didn't know how to teach anyone anything other than, "Become me" (of course, his teaching Kojiro the meaning of fear belies that, but regardless, it's what he believes, he's not the teaching type like In'ei). So, alluding to what you said earlier, unless he's become a different man in that time, Musashi might not have missed out on much by walking away. Perhaps that's what Ito needs in order to get something out of him; it's an interesting contrast to the way Ito was pursued by lesser swordsman and spites them for it, while in this case, a peer ignores him and his antics and Ito ends up pursuing after him. Playing hard to get might be the way with Ito. =)

On the Sekishisai front, I wonder if Ito might also reveal something there about Yagyu, perhaps what sent Musashi away thinking.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Well, he sure as descended when it comes to changing clothes. From what I have seen from Itto in prior volumes, I say he has ascended, but still keeping that attitude of his.

That's a good way to describe it, "that attitude of his." :ganishka: It was actually funny to see Musashi totally ignore him and his machismo.

Th3Branded0ne said:

I can see it both ways, that he wouldn't want to fight Musashi if he couldn't experience him at full strength, or if he'd relish the challenge regardless, injuries being part of "the game" and all. Maybe he'll advise Musashi on how to handle himself in that condition.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Yeah, he seems focus on Sekishusai, but after Itto arrives where he is. They might actually have a chat. Have to wait to know what really is being said.

Yeah, I hope so, I love Ito in his "harassing cheerful" mode and am very happy with the way things have turned conversational. Of course, I've been waiting for this for a long time. To me, this is like Musashi meeting another version of himself or his father.

Walter said:
Well, from the very little I can tell of what's being said, Itto is saying a lot more than just that. He has apparently kept tabs on Musashi, or at least has heard tales. He calls him by his name, and even mentions the Yoshioka fight. So I wonder if he's criticizing the path Musashi has taken, just to goad him into a fight, which is why Musashi looks a little miffed before he continues past Itto.

Either way, we'll know soon enough with a translation :daiba:

Thanks for the info for now though! Hmmm, Ito hasn't been the type to criticize a good old fashioned rampage, so if even he thinks Musashi has gone too far... what an indictment. I'll believe that when I see it though. As I said before, they're like kindred spirits to me, and Ito certainly seems in good spirits having met Musashi again.

Walter said:
I also really like the new Matahachi story. It's pretty cute to see Matahachi with that knowing grin on his face. Quite a change for him =)

Same, and I'm glad he exited stage right in a timely manner too, I'd have resented him all over if he'd put off the Musashi/Ito encounter another week, "Tell the story, old man!"

Walter: anyway... ITTO

Griffith: Yeah, ITTO ITTTOSAI
I wish this was translated already.
And I've never been so impatient for the next Vagabond episode.

Walter: me too...
but the trans wait is killing me.
oh yeah, wtf. did you notice they called it Vagabond GAIDEN?
very strange.

Griffith: Yeah, I don't get it.

Walter: let me check to see if its legit

Griffith: Not unless it starts with Matahatchi telling the tale of when Ito met Musashi. =)
This even plays into how the series could end.
With Matahatchi the storyteller!

Walter: yeah that gaiden stuff is bullshit.
the kanji is nowhere on the page.

Griffith: Weird.
It would make sense from a made up standpoint in the middle of the Matahatchi stuff.
Like, derisively.

Walter: ah, just translated the title. Chance Meeting.

Griffith: Like in the men's room.

Walter: hahaha yeah pretty much
the timing of Itto's piss i think is key =)
hes talking about Musashi's accomplishments, then he whips it out and starts pissing

Griffith: I think he's just grandstanding. =)
MACHO MAN ITO SAVAGE
"Look at me PISS!"
So you think he's putting him down?

Walter: hmm? yeah
i think hes goading him
i really want to know the phrase he uses in page 11
at the top

Griffith: I just mean definitely? as it's certainly possible.

Walter: the SNEEEER he gives him

Griffith: Well, it didn't work out for him. =)
Musashi wins.
At least that round.
That could also be what led to Musashi's contemplating Yagyu, perhaps comparing himself after hearing what Ito had to say.

Walter: sounds about right

Griffith: Then, I wonder what Ito's doing there or if he had news of Yagyu.

Walter: are we sure Itto is peeing? it could be a transcendary state he's in.
like Mushi's cold.

Griffith: Im' going to go with pee. =)
I think that's why Musashi really left too.

Walter: hahahaha

Griffith: Musashi is surprisingly conservative, he can't abide these farters and pissers. =)
"Genius!?"
Only the great ball scratcher Yagyu has his respect.
I wonder if Ito didn't guess Musashi's purpose and give him bad news too.
"Yagyu!? Just missed him, he's DED!"
peeeeeeee
That'd send Musashi off as well.
I love Ito's outfit too.

Walter: nah, he doesnt mention the Yagyu that I see

Griffith: ah

Walter: yeah its cool

Griffith: He makes Musashi look like he's wearing a suit.
Ito: "Whoa, Mr. Businessman, I'm trying to enjoy nature!"
It's casual Friday for him.

Walter: when i first saw him, with all the scars on his arm, and the ONE ARM, i was first reminded of the guy in vol 15.
Griffith: You mean, secret Kami? =)

Walter: but i doubt theres anythign to it

Griffith: Fudo!

Walter: hahaha yeah
yeah we dont see Ittos other arm either btw
just checked

Griffith: I noticed.
When he stands, it's most noticable.

Walter: i wasnt sure. thought it was me overthinking it
just that one arm seems to badass it's... overcompensating

Griffith: No, not yet.
Page 8 is where it's most glaring.

Walter: yeah, the fabric is just sitting there
hanging, rather
Poor Itto... I hope we're wrong =(

Griffith: Well, I'm most concerned we don't see anything coming out.

Walter: ?

Griffith: A hand or fingers, the fabric looks fine otherwise.
Like in the previous, it's flowing out as if there were something there.
It's not hanging flat.
Including the last ep

Walter: ah
yeah, looks like theres SOMEthing there.

Griffith: So, is that shape an arm, or a lack of an arm!?

Walter: Mechanical arm, huh? It's groooovy

Griffith: Could be either.
Fabrics just flowing to the ground, making it look full, and impossible to see with black.
Which could very well be the intent behind that color choice./
It would give a whole new context to their encounter, and the advice he could give Musashi.
"Don't become me."

Walter: ahahaha

Griffith: I'm pretty much going to be surprised if he has an arm at this point now.
Inoue loves that stuff.
Like Kohei's scar.
The same wind is going to blow Ito's sleeve around so Musashi can go, "!!"

Walter: itll come at a cool moment im sure
the reveal
thats my awesome prediction
"itll be cool"

Griffith: Unless he just shows his left arm in the next, "Damn sleeve is too long!"
I'd want Ito to have something crazy, like a sword for an arm.
"Had this stuck in my arm hole."
"Now I'm part sword!"
Musashi: "..."

Walter: hope he doesnt instinctively reach for his wang with that thing

Griffith: "That's what this dagger is for."
Those prostitutes REALLY better watch out now!

Walter: im currently refreshing =)
kaman.wav

Griffith: Musashi: "What are you?"
Ito: "I'm.... HORSEDICK"

Walter: hahhahah

Griffith: "Among the many pupils that Ittōsai trained, one such was his successor, Ono Tadaaki, who would go on to serve Tokugawa. The Itō-ryū style is grounded for some in Zen influence due to Ono Tadaaki's contact with the famed Buddhist priest, Takuan Sōhō. "
Fucker REALLY got around. =)

Walter: yeah thats something i noticed recently too

Griffith: BTW, you going to reply in 276?

Walter: i will, but ill wait a half day =)

Griffith: heh heh

Current Episodes Thread

I wonder if we might be being shown two different types of high-level strength. Ito's being the wild sort that Musashi had been pursuing, while now - well, Musashi has certainly changed, since his time in the cell. His strength isn't just the wild-beast type it was at Sekigahara and for most of his career, anymore.

Current Episodes Thread

I really didn't like granny but this part made me feel for her when she died, it was definitely a sad moment in the series :sad:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, it made me sympathize with and understand both of them much more. Put things in perspective.

Bekul said:
I wonder if we might be being shown two different types of high-level strength. Ito's being the wild sort that Musashi had been pursuing, while now - well, Musashi has certainly changed, since his time in the cell. His strength isn't just the wild-beast type it was at Sekigahara and for most of his career, anymore.

I know what you mean, of the masters seen in the story, and Walter might not agree with this, Ito is the one who has sort of an unrefined dark nature about him, or at least a rough edge. He reminds me of Musashi and his father, except unlike them, he seems to purposely indulge and relish whatever impurities he might have about him. He called the sword a game and always seemed particularly interested in the mortal combat aspect of it rather than any philosophical enlightenment by the sword, though in his irreverence, he has his own kind of enlightenment. That's probably why he's most interesting.

Speaking of which, from the conversations thread:

宮本 グリフィス said:
Walter: yeah we dont see Ittos other arm either btw
just checked

Griffith: I noticed.
When he stands, it's most noticable.

Walter: i wasnt sure. thought it was me overthinking it
just that one arm seems to badass it's... overcompensating

Griffith: No, not yet.
Page 8 is where it's most glaring.

Walter: yeah, the fabric is just sitting there
hanging, rather
Poor Itto... I hope we're wrong =(

Griffith: Well, I'm most concerned we don't see anything coming out.

Walter: ?

Griffith: A hand or fingers, the fabric looks fine otherwise.
Like in the previous, it's flowing out as if there were something there.
It's not hanging flat.
Including the last ep

Walter: ah
yeah, looks like theres SOMEthing there.

Griffith: So, is that shape an arm, or a lack of an arm!?

Walter: Mechanical arm, huh? It's groooovy

Griffith: Could be either.
Fabrics just flowing to the ground, making it look full, and impossible to see with black.
Which could very well be the intent behind that color choice./
It would give a whole new context to their encounter, and the advice he could give Musashi.
"Don't become me."

Walter: ahahaha

Griffith: I'm pretty much going to be surprised if he has an arm at this point now.
Inoue loves that stuff.
Like Kohei's scar.
The same wind is going to blow Ito's sleeve around so Musashi can go, "!!"

Walter: itll come at a cool moment im sure
the reveal
thats my awesome prediction
"itll be cool"

Griffith: Unless he just shows his left arm in the next, "Damn sleeve is too long!"

So, anyone think Kojiro cut off Ito's arm, or does he just need a better tailor? =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 グリフィス said:
Perhaps that's what Ito needs in order to get something out of him; it's an interesting contrast to the way Ito was pursued by lesser swordsman and spites them for it, while in this case, a peer ignores him and his antics and Ito ends up pursuing after him. Playing hard to get might be the way with Ito. =)
Conversely, their meeting could mean more for Ito than it does for Musashi.

I can see it both ways, that he wouldn't want to fight Musashi if he couldn't experience him at full strength, or if he'd relish the challenge regardless, injuries being part of "the game" and all. Maybe he'll advise Musashi on how to handle himself in that condition.
I don't personally think this encounter will end in a fight. I think they're both wounded tigers.

I love Ito in his "harassing cheerful" mode and am very happy with the way things have turned conversational.
They may have turned conversational, but until then it really looks like Itto is goading Musashi, criticizing him even.

As I said before, they're like kindred spirits to me, and Ito certainly seems in good spirits having met Musashi again.
Yeah, all this time I've always thought it would be Kojiro and Ittosai that would have a reunion. I hadn't given much thought to Musashi being the one to find him. And in this case, it's a welcome surprise :guts:

宮本 グリフィス said:
I know what you mean, of the masters seen in the story, and Walter might not agree with this, Ito is the one who has sort of an unrefined dark nature about him, or at least a rough edge. He reminds me of Musashi and his father, except unlike them, he seems to purposely indulge and relish whatever impurities he might have about him. He called the sword a game and always seemed particularly interested in the mortal combat aspect of it rather than any philosophical enlightenment by the sword, though in his irreverence, he has his own kind of enlightenment. That's probably why he's most interesting.
That's more or less what I pick up from Ittosai's personality. He's not in this game for enlightenment, like these fancy Zen swordsmen. He just enjoys the ride, and the lifestyle

So, anyone think Kojiro cut off Ito's arm, or does he just need a better tailor? =)
A fascinating possibility! I sure hope that's not it though ...

Current Episodes Thread

I definitely sympathize with Matahachi now that he has changed his act from what he used to be, although it took him quite the time but I am glad he did that :serpico:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Yeah, it's been a long time coming, but it's ended up not being too far off what we potentially saw for him. You should read the Matahatch thread if you haven't yet, I'd like to read your thoughts as someone that's freshly read the series:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9926.0

Walter said:
Conversely, their meeting could mean more for Ito than it does for Musashi.

That's a good point, Musashi might possess what's missing to truly complete Ittosai.

Walter said:
I don't personally think this encounter will end in a fight. I think they're both wounded tigers.

Well, we don't know that for sure. Anyway, I'm still dubious of your no action guarantees after Berserk 181. Are you willing to bet your flip flops on it!? =)

Walter said:
They may have turned conversational, but until then it really looks like Itto is goading Musashi, criticizing him even.

Well, that's still a conversation, heh. I'm curious what you're specifically able to read aside from the obvious body language, to Ito mention his name in Musashi's presence for instance?

Walter said:
Yeah, all this time I've always thought it would be Kojiro and Ittosai that would have a reunion. I hadn't given much thought to Musashi being the one to find him. And in this case, it's a welcome surprise :guts:

Yeah, I don't know why I've always thought these two should/would meet again, probably just one of many cool "what if"s that's happened to come true. Actually, it's not a totally random thought now that I think about it, because of their encounter in 18 and the way it ended. Always wanted to see what Ito would think of what became of the beast that got away! Speaking of what ifs, imagine if Musashi, er Takezo, had joined their little party? Now that'd be a helluva school!

Walter said:
That's more or less what I pick up from Ittosai's personality. He's not in this game for enlightenment, like these fancy Zen swordsmen. He just enjoys the ride, and the lifestyle

He's like the Wylad of master swordsmen! :ganishka:

Walter said:
A fascinating possibility! I sure hope that's not it though ...

I'm basically just totally cribbing the Kohei situation, though it would be consistent. At least then we'd get to see them have another encounter, it's hard to see Inoue taking the time to send Ito to him now that he's off to be a retainer. If the story we're still expanding, and not contracting soon, as we suspect, it'd be possible, but...

BTW, think Ito will possibly be at the duel, sort of an official rep of Kojiro, to see how he fares?

Top Bottom