Current Episodes

グリフィス said:
You're forgiven, that was one HELL of a double post, double the Vagabond! :isidro:

Phew, that's a relief! :slan:

グリフィス said:
and watching him toss Sloggo away like garbage was sure interesting... btw, I'm not the only one who thinks what Ito reached and grabbed afterward wasn't just a coincidence, right? :ganishka:

Yeah, but Sloggo's sure to return! The drawing of the huge Sloggo around Musashi is amazing.

The panel of him smelling the thing in his hand answers your question :troll:

グリフィス said:
Page 19 of 284, particularly Ito's expression, is a favorite.

My favorite is definitely young Takezo kicking ass at the war. Damn!

グリフィス said:
As for 287, that one is going to be amazing when we can read it

Is it me or
Ito's Sloggo
showed up because he was infuriated by not being able to use his hand?

And Griff, page 15 of 287 reminded me of this! God, I love the exhibit.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Griffith: Read the episodes?
Walter: nah, ill wait for a trans
Griffith: I don't know if they seem more badass just because they go missing or what...
Walter: "I didn't understand anything worth mentioning about the two episodes"
Griffith: Not for the really dialogue heavy stuff.
Walter: that was my cue to skip out
Griffith: I recommend the opposite.
Itto goodness.
Musashi has a new advisor.
Walter: i think 287 will have some great lines
getting in Itto's head
Griffith: Certainly.
Walter: but right now it's pretty confusing
Griffith: Everyone Musashi lays down he's going to see Ito looking down on him, dispensing condescending advice. =)
Walter: i loved in 284, Mushi pushes the sludge-like Sloggo away, and 2 pages later, Itto is grabbing sludge on the road and putting it on his wound.
Griffith: Awesome, I had just posted about that!
Yeah, that was great.
And Ito's expression on page 19 of 284
Walter: yeah lol thats what stayed with me
i just opened it to see it again
Griffith: I can hear the dude, "It's bummer man."
Walter: hahahah
Griffith: Yeah, 287 is pretty unprecedented territory for Ito.
Page 4 and 5.
Almost sentimental.
Musashi then gets his revenge by killing Ito's stunt double.
Griffith: That's a pretty unique picture of Musashi on page 15 of 287.
A little different.
Walter: yeah at the end of 287, i dont think its a coincidence that Inoue chose to show the number of fingers on the dead guy's hand. because it's a little confusing
the past few episodes have really left me feeling spoiled with all this Itto goodness
Griffith: Guy looks exactly like Ito... from behind.
Walter: Mushi and Ittosai on the same page, it's still like a wet dream for me =)
Griffith: Yeah, it's making me hurt for the Viz volumes.
I need the pure uncut Peruvian Ittosai.
Walter: I keep expecting Matahachi to intervene saying: hahaha, wouldnt that be great, two such masters to meet! Oh well, here's the real story...
Griffith: "Musashi and I were playing sword fight in the bathroom... wait, where are you going!?"
"This is the TRUE story!"
BTW, what'd you think of 30?
Speaking of, for contrast, have you ever seen Musashi happier after a fight?
It's about as content as he's been recently.
Walter: im holding out any feelings about 287 until i see the translation
it sort of just washed over me.
Griffith: Yeah
I'm excited for the extended Ittosai conversations with Mushi.
Plus Ito's personal monologues.

Eluvei said:
Yeah, but Sloggo's sure to return! The drawing of the huge Sloggo around Musashi is amazing.

Agreed on both counts.

Eluvei said:
Is it me or
Ito's Sloggo
showed up because he was infuriated by not being able to use his hand?

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. He could also just be getting into the proper mindset for what he's doing.

Eluvei said:
And Griff, page 15 of 287 reminded me of this! God, I love the exhibit.

I guess Musashi should "smile more", but it's probably hard while killing men that are attacking you from behind.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This was just great!Too bad I have a slow connection and just finished reading these episodes. Don't worry about the double posting Eluvei, it was necessary. What I like to know about 284 if the writing in the wall next to the statue young Takezo has is of names of people he has defeated? I"m going on a long shot, but I"ll say that kid was telling Matahachi a story about his mother or something like that, that's why Matahachi had the tears. That picture of the giant sloggo is sure very nice, but that Ittosai pic you mention sure is better. I can imagine Ittosai saying "It's a tiger wound" :guts:

As for 287 I have to wait for the translation as you guys. But hopefully is as great as the pictures depict.

グリフィス said:
Walter: i loved in 284, Mushi pushes the sludge-like Sloggo away, and 2 pages later, Itto is grabbing sludge on the road and putting it on his wound.

Wow I feel really stupid, but I didn't realize that. When you mentioned it Griff, I just thought you meant horse manure! Haha :troll:

グリフィス said:
Yeah, that was my first thought as well. He could also just be getting into the proper mindset for what he's doing.

It could be. But on the first panel, with the two fingers trying to pull the sword, I kinda have the impression he's using all his strength and couldn't move it, you know? As if he tried to use his arm because of force of habit, and then realized he couldn't anymore. There's always a moment of pure frustration before we explode in anger when something like this happens, and that moment's when he pulled the sword with the other arm, and the anger is that little sloggo leaking from him... or something like that.

グリフィス said:
I guess Musashi should "smile more", but it's probably hard while killing men that are attacking you from behind.

:ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne said:
That picture of the giant sloggo is sure very nice, but that Ittosai pic you mention sure is better.

We're forgetting to mention 284's last page. It looks amazing. If we pretend we didn't read 286 and therefore have no idea what he's probably revealing, it looks even better. :guts:

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
What I like to know about 284 if the writing in the wall next to the statue young Takezo has is of names of people he has defeated?

Yeah, I believe we first saw those inscriptions in 280 while young Takezo was cutting men down. He's like a serial killer... My old kill list sig wasn't far off.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I"m going on a long shot, but I"ll say that kid was telling Matahachi a story about his mother or something like that, that's why Matahachi had the tears.
A bold guess, but wrong! Translations is out btw. :badbone:

Th3Branded0ne said:
That picture of the giant sloggo is sure very nice, but that Ittosai pic you mention sure is better. I can imagine Ittosai saying "It's a tiger wound" :guts:

If we'd had this episode to begin with, it would have saved us a lot of wrongheaded speculation about 286, but I'm glad it turned out this way though, spurned lots of good discussion.

Th3Branded0ne said:
As for 287 I have to wait for the translation as you guys. But hopefully is as great as the pictures depict.

We apparently won't have to wait long.

Eluvei said:
Wow I feel really stupid, but I didn't realize that. When you mentioned it Griff, I just thought you meant horse manure! Haha :troll:

Haha, yeah, it's like Musashi tossed that shit, and Ittosai picked it right up and rubbed it all over himself. Of course, let's not forget, despite Musashi's actions there, Sloggo already came back in 285.

Eluvei said:
It could be. But on the first panel, with the two fingers trying to pull the sword, I kinda have the impression he's using all his strength and couldn't move it, you know? As if he tried to use his arm because of force of habit, and then realized he couldn't anymore. There's always a moment of pure frustration before we explode in anger when something like this happens, and that moment's when he pulled the sword with the other arm, and the anger is that little sloggo leaking from him... or something like that.

Yeah, it's the first and probably best impression one gets from it, he tried drawing his sword with his mutilated right hand, probably for the umpteenth time, failed and had to grab it with the left, then felt the frustration and anguish of it all over again. Like Musashi trying to put weight on that bum leg of his.

Eluvei said:
We're forgetting to mention 284's last page. It looks amazing. If we pretend we didn't read 286 and therefore have no idea what he's probably revealing, it looks even better. :guts:

It's actually the other way around, good thing we didn't read this episode before 286!

So Musashi and Kojiro tied on points, but Kojiro gets the Ittosai seal of approval. Not really fair, Musashi is handicapped too, I say that make it even. I appreciated Ittosai referring to Musashi as "that damn kid" too.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
グリフィス said:
So Musashi and Kojiro tied on points, but Kojiro gets the Ittosai seal of approval. Not really fair, Musashi is handicapped too, I say that make it even. I appreciated Ittosai referring to Musashi as "that damn kid" too.

Yeah, I agree :azan:

I don't know, guys. I think it's fair he thinks Kojiro is better. Kojiro was so tired that he was almost insane; he had just fought like never before and was able to get 1000 points in that condition.
When they fought, Ito was at a clear advantage. Ito was totally fooled by Kojiro's technique in a fight which he clearly had the upper hand (no pun intended).

Now, sure, Musashi had his leg to worry about, and it's a new wound which he's getting used to, but Ito doesn't have a goddamn hand. I mean, I don't agree with him, but I can understand why he thinks Kojiro is better.

Also, I have to say that after reading the translation, I wish I hadn't seen the 284 raw.The beautiful
Sloggo Spiral of Death and Killing's sequence of images
is much more powerful when you know what Musashi's talking. It's probably one of the best parts of the volume.

Griffith

Eluvei said:
I don't know, guys. I think it's fair he thinks Kojiro is better. Kojiro was so tired that he was almost insane; he had just fought like never before and was able to get 1000 points in that condition.
When they fought, Ito was at a clear advantage. Ito was totally fooled by Kojiro's technique in a fight which he clearly had the upper hand (no pun intended).

Now, sure, Musashi had his leg to worry about, and it's a new wound which he's getting used to, but Ito doesn't have a goddamn hand. I mean, I don't agree with him, but I can understand why he thinks Kojiro is better.

Yeah, it's perfectly reasonable he'd feel that way, Kojiro clearly exceeded expectations while Musashi's showing was relatively disappointing... of course, that was before Musashi's "nonchalant" cut brought Ittosai to his knees. :zodd:

Eluvei said:
Also, I have to say that after reading the translation, I wish I hadn't seen the 284 raw.The beautiful
is much more powerful when you know what Musashi's talking. It's probably one of the best parts of the volume.

Like I said, I can't wait to thumb through the Viz release. Some ruminations on all this... Ittosai's encounter with Yagyu, when Sekishusai stifles him by comparing him to a beast, and it seems Yagyu later refers to Ittosai's aggression with the lines, "Oh, don't worry." "That is unrivaled under heaven (invincible under the sun)... he takes it to the extreme." This doesn't seems like a left handed compliment.

Also, Musashi's attempt at the center path with Ittosai at the end of their encounter, it seemingly mirrored the advice given to him by the Kyoto Shoshidai, "If everyone could be as strong as you... then when people confront each other face to face like this... both sides could remain centered... there would be no fight. It would no longer be necessary, don't you think?" This wasn't a rhetorical question, he genuinely asked Musashi if the opposite was true, if you needed to fight to be as strong as him, if it had to be at the expense of others, and Musashi didn't know. You could say that Sekishusai exemplified the centered approach in his meeting with Ittosai; he didn't rise to Ittosai's bait, didn't contest him in any way, but also didn't give an inch and figuratively disarmed him. No fight necessary.

So why did Musashi fail? To put it simply, his attempt was a mixed message; vacillating between two extremes, delivered without confidence, just awkward and flawed. I think a deeper connection lies earlier in his conversation with the Shoshidai:

Itakura Katsushige: "When I met you yesterday... I must admit I felt intimidated."
Musashi: "How so...?"
Itakura Katsushige: "I have followed the way of the sword too... perhaps more than most. That's why... You've reached a state of strength that I will never know. I feel inferior. I managed not to show it... because I've reached this ripe old age. That feeling, it starts out as only the smallest of waves. Once the heart becomes insecure it freezes up. Your soul tightens up and closes off everything. The insecurity grows and turns to fear and then hatred. And the opposite is just as bad. Idolatry... and imitation. You become needy... and dependent. Your eyes and soul appear to be open but are truly blind."

Musashi did try to be centered, but as he admitted, his fear and hatred got the best of him, so even when he tried again, this time by trying to placate Ittosai (and perhaps imitate Sekishusai, to impress them both), it was ineffective, and Ittosai couldn't accept it. There had to be a fight.

In this regard, did they not both, Musashi and Ittosai, show weakness?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
All caught up! Just need to "read" the Japanese scans for 287 now....

Why the frell did Kojirou attack Ittosai? I must be forgetting some important fact. Is this directly after Sekigahara?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Uriel said:
All caught up! Just need to "read" the Japanese scans for 287 now....

Why the frell did Kojirou attack Ittosai? I must be forgetting some important fact. Is this directly after Sekigahara?

Yeah, after he fought those soldiers that lost the battle. Especially Koun who he fought at the end. And Ittosai said this after he abandoned Kojiro " I may know myself, but I know nothing about others. I"m not suited to bringing up anyone, but there is one thing I can do for Kojiro. I can have him go through what I did. All I can say is...become me" At the endo f volume 18.

Uriel

Cheers, Branded!

Eluvei said:
The beautiful

Took the liberty of doing a quick tidy-up. Here, this is for you.

グリフィス said:
In this regard, did they not both, Musashi and Ittosai, show weakness?

I just want you to know that this post made me completely reread their encounter, and I still have nothing as clever to say about it. What a fantastic analysis of both characters' actions.

Uriel said:
Took the liberty of doing a quick tidy-up. Here, this is for you.

Thanks Uriel! Try to show up more now that you've caught up! :troll:

I just found out the next episode will come in late January. I thought it would be a longer break since the exhibit's coming up. I hope we get to see 32's cover while he's on the break! And I'm expecting some Ito! :guts:

Griffith

A Uriel sighting! How ya been? :badbone:

Eluvei said:
I just want you to know that this post made me completely reread their encounter, and I still have nothing as clever to say about it. What a fantastic analysis of both characters' actions.

Yeah, I was rereading volume 30, and started with the premise that Musashi attempted the center path and perhaps it was Ito that had been the one to act weakly, or flinch in the face of that. Then reading both parts side by side, I could see so many parallels with both of them, and how they both tried to relate to, and ultimately came up short of, Sekishusai.
In other words, I got carried away. :ganishka:

Eluvei said:
I just found out the next episode will come in late January. I thought it would be a longer break since the exhibit's coming up. I hope we get to see 32's cover while he's on the break! And I'm expecting some Ito! :guts:

Oooh, I didn't even think about that yet, the possibility of an Ito cover, that would be great. I'm now officially going to be dissapointed with anything else (unless it's on the level of 31).

Uriel

グリフィス said:
A Uriel sighting! How ya been? :badbone:
Busy like you wouldn't believe. But after seeing that panel, I found some time to clean it up :guts:

My semester is coming to a close soon, so hopefully I will be able to spend more time here. Sadly, it seems the next chapter won't be coming out until the Spring semester is almost on my doorstep. Damn Inoue!

Anyway, I'll be re-reading from around volume 25 soon -- so expect me to pop up!

Griffith

Uriel said:
Busy like you wouldn't believe. But after seeing that panel, I found some time to clean it up :guts:

My semester is coming to a close soon, so hopefully I will be able to spend more time here. Sadly, it seems the next chapter won't be coming out until the Spring semester is almost on my doorstep. Damn Inoue!

Yeah, I was already thinking that it was a lousy coincidence that you returned right at the start of a volume break. But I hear ya, I almost went crazy myself trying to juggle school (especially with transfer applications due this month), everything else, and Vagabond. You almost done after the spring at least?

Uriel said:
Anyway, I'll be re-reading from around volume 25 soon -- so expect me to pop up!

Cool, have you also checked out the LAST Manga exhibition stuff, or are you wary of it?

Uriel

グリフィス said:
Yeah, I was already thinking that it was a lousy coincidence that you returned right at the start of a volume break. But I hear ya, I almost went crazy myself trying to juggle school (especially with transfer applications due this month), everything else, and Vagabond. You almost done after the spring at least?
Yeah, I'll be done with my English and Japanese major. My folks and little brother are coming to England for my big American graduation ceremony.

グリフィス said:
Cool, have you also checked out the LAST Manga exhibition stuff, or are you wary of it?
Oh very much so, I was going to work on a crazy presentation thread, but you guys all beat me to it. I think I joked in the thread that I was going to "brb" while I went there to see the exhibition.

Griffith

287 translation is interesting:
Ittosai reflects on his encounter with Musashi and the words of Sekishusai, giving his most direct commentary on them yet, and giving Musashi a second opinion.

Uriel said:
Yeah, I'll be done with my English and Japanese major. My folks and little brother are coming to England for my big American graduation ceremony.

Awesome, good luck and congrats!
Also, then you can come back as the Inn's official translator... wait, Uriel? Where'd you go!? :guts:

Uriel said:
Oh very much so, I was going to work on a crazy presentation thread, but you guys all beat me to it. I think I joked in the thread that I was going to "brb" while I went there to see the exhibition.
Oh yeah, now I remember.:ganishka: Anyway, what'd you think of it?

グリフィス said:
287 translation is interesting:
Ittosai reflects on his encounter with Musashi and the words of Sekishusai, giving his most direct commentary on them yet, and giving Musashi a second opinion.

Very interesting. Based on Ito's words, I can only imagine that when Musashi and Kojiro meet for the last time, they will look more like Sekishusai and Ito respectively.

It's funny that Ito compares himself to Kojiro. All of what Sekishusai, Musashi and Ito worry about while living by the sword (and which Ito apparently tries to ignore) is meaningless to Kojiro, he can't communicate in the same level of complexity as his rivals, he doesn't even think like them (with words, that is); all he can do is express himself with the sword. In away, this gives him the advantage he needs to become the beast Ito will never be no matter how hard he tries, and which Musashi is trying not to be.

Griffith

Eluvei said:
Very interesting. Based on Ito's words, I can only imagine that when Musashi and Kojiro meet for the last time, they will look more like Sekishusai and Ito respectively.

That's an awesome parallel you've drawn there, and as you point out, totally supported by Ito's own words.

Eluvei said:
It's funny that Ito compares himself to Kojiro. All of what Sekishusai, Musashi and Ito worry about while living by the sword (and which Ito apparently tries to ignore) is meaningless to Kojiro, he can't communicate in the same level of complexity as his rivals, he doesn't even think like them (with words, that is); all he can do is express himself with the sword. In away, this gives him the advantage he needs to become the beast Ito will never be no matter how hard he tries, and which Musashi is trying not to be.

Yeah, like in volume 20, Kojiro is truly like a beast of the sword because he doesn't have to think about being a beast; like a bird, he doesn't think about flying, he just flies as naturally as can be. What's interesting is that there's a purity to Kojiro, and everyone who fights him notices, and feels like they're conversing with him through the sword. I wonder how this will play out in their final meeting.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Didn't even Musashi admitted he had that natural feeling with the sword when he met Kojiro in vol. 24. I think Kojiro since he didn't have much distractions as Musashi did when he was growing up(Father,mother,the townspeople). But yeah I think Musashi is going back to basics and finding himself once again.

About the "smile more part" that has been in the last episodes. I think Musashi recalled he felt something like that in (ep. 258). I dont think it's the same as smiling but I think there is a similarity.

16892337.jpg

Actually the Japanese term for smile is a bit ambiguous; it could also mean laugh. In this case smile seemed much more likely, but both are probably using the same word.

Anyways, I've been liking the contrast in these last chapters and the tangible struggle between the two paths. I think it's brilliant how seamlessly you can read the dueling ideals as just that, or as one idea, a middle path of sorts; "Smile more, whether you enjoy it or not". It highlights to me how Itou's ideology thrives on conflict and Yagyuu's on reaching personal peace. You can mix both aspects to come up with something in the middle; finding peace within the conflict which you must recognize and address as necessary. The chapters before the last few had been looking very pessimistically at Itou and his path, but then all of the sudden it had a reversal with his recovery and a philosophical redemption following roughly his physical condition. I wasn't really expecting it, but it's been quite interesting.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Dante Julius said:
Actually the Japanese term for smile is a bit ambiguous; it could also mean laugh. In this case smile seemed much more likely, but both are probably using the same word.

Anyways, I've been liking the contrast in these last chapters and the tangible struggle between the two paths. I think it's brilliant how seamlessly you can read the dueling ideals as just that, or as one idea, a middle path of sorts; "Smile more, whether you enjoy it or not". It highlights to me how Itou's ideology thrives on conflict and Yaqui's on reaching personal peace. You can mix both aspects to come up with something in the middle; finding peace within the conflict which you must recognize and address as necessary. The chapters before the last few had been looking very pessimistically at Ito and his path, but then all of the sudden it had a reversal with his recovery and a philosophical redemption following roughly his physical condition. I wasn't really expecting it, but it's been quite interesting.

Hey Dante! Yeah, Yayu and Ittosai sure do have different paths and they are well shown throughout this latest episodes, and some of the volumes involving the two men. I think if Yagyu hadn't found his master he would have been in that same path, so going in the other direction also helped him. Iotas, sure has been in conflict since he left Jisai and never looked back. It does seems that Musashi has had a taste of both paths to this point. Which I think makes it even better, because I just had this thought of him "using both swords"as the two paths he came to know about. The conflict and the peace. You know one sword to defend and the other one to attack, kinda similar to these paths.

Griffith

Фирменная Один said:
Didn't even Musashi admitted he had that natural feeling with the sword when he met Kojiro in vol. 24. I think Kojiro since he didn't have much distractions as Musashi did when he was growing up(Father,mother,the townspeople). But yeah I think Musashi is going back to basics and finding himself once again.

Yeah, and as MUsashi admitted, he really only had himself to blame, blaming others was part of the his problem, and he certainly made a gigantic leap just during his "discussion" with Kojiro.

Фирменная Один said:
About the "smile more part" that has been in the last episodes. I think Musashi recalled he felt something like that in (ep. 258). I dont think it's the same as smiling but I think there is a similarity.

Yeah, it's when he felt "infinite" or truly at peace with art and himself. It would certainly make sense for Yagyu to give him advice on how to return to that place rather than being so serious and conflicted.

Dante Julius said:

Interesting, good info. I wonder how Viz will handle it, as in the above example that Фирменная posted, they went with laugh as well, I wonder if it will be different in the Yagyu scene. They're pretty consistent with those choices ("invincible under the sun" as opposed to "unrivaled under heaven") unless these are truly different in these cases.

Dante Julius said:
Anyways, I've been liking the contrast in these last chapters and the tangible struggle between the two paths. I think it's brilliant how seamlessly you can read the dueling ideals as just that, or as one idea, a middle path of sorts; "Smile more, whether you enjoy it or not". It highlights to me how Itou's ideology thrives on conflict and Yagyuu's on reaching personal peace. You can mix both aspects to come up with something in the middle; finding peace within the conflict which you must recognize and address as necessary. The chapters before the last few had been looking very pessimistically at Itou and his path, but then all of the sudden it had a reversal with his recovery and a philosophical redemption following roughly his physical condition. I wasn't really expecting it, but it's been quite interesting.

Yeah, it's been amazing, particularly seeing Ittosai not only practicing, but pondering what "no sword" means, if only for a dismissive moment. Still, seems he doesn't understand it, or doesn't want to... perhaps he and Musashi will still teach each other a few things? At least I'd like to think so.

Фирменная Один said:
Hey Dante! Yeah, Yayu and Ittosai sure do have different paths and they are well shown throughout this latest episodes, and some of the volumes involving the two men. I think if Yagyu hadn't found his master he would have been in that same path, so going in the other direction also helped him. Iotas, sure has been in conflict since he left Jisai and never looked back. It does seems that Musashi has had a taste of both paths to this point. Which I think makes it even better, because I just had this thought of him "using both swords"as the two paths he came to know about. The conflict and the peace. You know one sword to defend and the other one to attack, kinda similar to these paths.

I'd still like to see Musashi using his sword in positive ways, simply for a net good; look at all that Yagyu accomplished, not just what he did with the sword, but what he built around it.

グリフィス said:
Yeah, it's been amazing, particularly seeing Ittosai not only practicing, but pondering what "no sword" means, if only for a dismissive moment. Still, seems he doesn't understand it, or doesn't want to... perhaps he and Musashi will still teach each other a few things? At least I'd like to think so.

You know, I'd actually prefer if they never met again. They had such a brief yet meaningful meeting/duel, that I think it's perfect as it is. Ito's refusing to think deeply about these things, as if he's afraid that they're actually true, so I doubt he'd accept anything but his own truth. I don't see him as an old man capable of changing the way he thinks after all this time living as a "tiger" as he said... so I'd even be satisfied if that was the last time we saw him in the series, and it would be a fitting goodbye from him if from here on all we see is the other tiger, which Musashi will face for real very soon. Maybe Ito comparing himself to Kojiro after the duel with Musashi serves as a prelude to what's to come.

Who won the duel after all? The wounded or the fallen one?

Griffith

Eluvei said:
You know, I'd actually prefer if they never met again. They had such a brief yet meaningful meeting/duel, that I think it's perfect as it is. Ito's refusing to think deeply about these things, as if he's afraid that they're actually true, so I doubt he'd accept anything but his own truth. I don't see him as an old man capable of changing the way he thinks after all this time living as a "tiger" as he said... so I'd even be satisfied if that was the last time we saw him in the series, and it would be a fitting goodbye from him if from here on all we see is the other tiger, which Musashi will face for real very soon. Maybe Ito comparing himself to Kojiro after the duel with Musashi serves as a prelude to what's to come.

Who won the duel after all? The wounded or the fallen one?
The one standing up at the end of the fight. :guts:

I see what you mean, and it would definitely work, but I'd prefer they resolve things more directly. Satisfying as it is, the whole encounter leaves me wanting, perhaps because it's part of a bigger unresolved issue for Musashi, and while Inoue could leave it that way and intentionally use that feeling and expand that theme, but...

I demand satisfaction! :zodd:

Plus, I really don't want to have to rationalize Musashi's so-called "undefeated" status by inference or something. =)

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

288a.gif

288b.gif

google translate said:
Suddenly, it is not surprising that no 描Kenaku comics, there's always the feeling.
Technology to make your own comics that does not guarantee what no man, nor does it have a good way to learn about ensuring this way. This is exactly what the day came as 描Kenaku, what I thought.
Name not proceed at all, not even have one, how I've made so far? Long time and feel.
There was cause to heart.
And to set a goal to complete this year, a little biased, but I say big deal, where to look away So, what percent? "Now" of a stray from the detail was not feeling it now that is one thing.
Another is 32 the other day I came to read feedback from our readers in the volume, it was conveyed to say I feel a nibble than the volume of the past, I am so happy that it seems they stay there and octopus. This is despite the past.
In other words, "where" and "past" obsessed, "now" that was in the middle of it. But that I had drawn a cartoon in his ~,, and is filled with regret. Well just past anymore. Name is only now working on the next one again.
Of course I'm thankful for your impressions will 拝読 the future! After I stole 進Mane and appreciation to the next.

Musashi was saying was right and that, coincidentally, was in a sense.

Takehiko Inoue

Well, I can't wait to see the official translation of that. Anyway, looks like we definitely have Kojiro, I just hope he's arriving for his new job interview and not to Ganryu Island. Of course, at that pace, Inoue could definitely finish within the year... or next week.

Top Bottom