Author Topic: Current Episodes  (Read 161798 times)

Offline ghats

Re: Current Episodes
« Reply #725 on: October 23, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »
319 is out :ubik:

Vagabond keeps flowing

Art still as awesome as ever. I feel Inoue's putting more and more work and emotions into the manga. The rice not growing/growing have put so much excitation into me. The guy can captivate you with a story about swords and killing 70 men, then with a story about rice and paddy fields. a true artist

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #726 on: January 21, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »
322 is out, looks like the end of farming for Musashi .

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:46 AM »
Got volume 35 from amazon .  Fir some reason vol. 34and this one seem longer than usual. Must be those long episodes Inoue has been doing.

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #728 on: April 11, 2014, 02:33:50 AM »
Just caught up with Vagabond.

I remembered why I loved the farming section of the book so much now - Inoue fully realized the emotions of those chapters in his retelling. Even though it seems to be ready to move on, it left me feeling very emotional and kind of wanting more. Seeing Takuan was also a huge bonus and increased the poignancy of Musashi asking Sado for help by an order of magnitude.

Going to stalk the shelves of convenience stores while I'm here whenever Morning comes out.

Offline IncantatioN

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #729 on: June 11, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
Vagabond will resume next week (June 19) in Weekly Morning # 29.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #730 on: June 15, 2014, 04:32:39 AM »
A leak announcement in Weekly Morning #29 reveals that its return has been delayed until Fall due to the "Gaudí x Takehiko Inoue - The Source of Synchronized Creativity" exhibition. It also reveals that the 37th volume will ship out in July.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-14/vagabond-manga-return-delayed-until-fall/.75569
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline IncantatioN

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #731 on: July 05, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
The cover for Volume 37 is here!

Pre-order link - http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%82%AC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89-37-%E3%83%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0-KC-%E4%BA%95%E4%B8%8A/dp/406388340X

Releases on July 27. Going by the page length, the volume could cover chapters 316 to 322.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2015, 08:00:38 AM »
Weekly Morning magazine cover for the return of Vagabond

Episode 323 color page
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #733 on: February 05, 2015, 12:06:40 AM »
i just read it.Was great to see Musashi and company. Along with Otsu, Jotaro, and Kojiro.

Offline Kaladin

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #734 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:59 AM »
the art quality in vagabond is going down, it has not been that great at all in my opinion, the cover page for the magazine and the double spread look great but this doesn't look nearly as good as earlier vagabond episodes. the episode itself was great. not a big fan of the recent volume covers either, i think he could've done much better, the older covers are nicer. it's nice to see vagabond back again though

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #735 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:05 AM »
I also just read it. The art kinda looks worse then how it was back then imo, a little bit sloppy here and there. Although it also can be due to the againg of the character's although i still would say that some panels looked pretty sloppy. Overall the comeback of vagabond was very nice, some good plot points have been touched upon, especially the ones revolving kojiro which i really wanted to see.

Seeing more of other character besides Musashi was very nice. Im Glad that Vagabond is back  :serpico:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:52:00 AM by Mangetsu »

Offline IncantatioN

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #736 on: February 19, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »
Vagabond on the cover of Weekly Morning released yesterday for episode 324. I need to pick 323 up!

Offline IncantatioN

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #737 on: April 16, 2015, 02:27:13 PM »
Episode 326 comes out today, titled - Those serving Samurai.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #738 on: April 16, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
While we're at it, Viz' Volume 37 comes out next week: http://www.amazon.com/Vagabond-Vol-37-Takehiko-Inoue/dp/1421577445

These volumes are how I've been reading the series for the past 5 years or so, and it's been pretty nice to first experience it fully translated and in a bound volume. I wish I had the patience to do so for Berserk  :farnese:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline IncantatioN

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #739 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:34 PM »
That slipped my radar, thanks Walter! Can't wait to finally read it translated.

Speaking of patience, I'm just as weak with Vagabond as I am with Berserk,  grabbing raws in both physical formats before a translated volume. In that sense, I miss that first 'WOW' impression I got when I was first introduced to the series reading Viz's translated volumes. Big part of me doesn't want to read fan-translations for these episodes. I'd rather stick to Viz or if there's something more accurate out there like the ones Puella does for Berserk.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:15:34 PM by IncantatioN »

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #740 on: May 26, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »
anybody read 326 and 327 yet?

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #741 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26:50 AM »
anybody read 326 and 327 yet?
Yep i read them.
I'm really enjoying how Inoue is handling Kojiro's character for now. Kojiro's reactions towards how they try to behave him are hilarious  :ganishka: I hope that Inoue will come to a solution soon though, before this whole situation is dragging itself for too long.
As for 327, the ending was especially great :mushi:

Btw in the latest issue of Weekly morning, there was no date given for the upcoming episode of Vagabond which relates to Inoue working on Real again. Real will be returning in the next issue of Young Jump after a 6 months break