Buenos Dias SK.net!

Hello everyone! I'm a somewhat new fan of Berserk. A friend of mine told me about it years ago, and it sounded interesting but I never thought to read it until just recently. So a few months ago, I started to read it seriously (if you can call it that, you'll understand in a second.) I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I was reading scanlations. I caught up to on of the recent episodes (306) and had started looking for the books in books stores while at the same time browsing other berserk forums to find people to discuss it with. One search yielded no results, while the other had only slightly more success. When I told some friends of mine about this, I got two emails, a somewhat angry one with a link to Amazon.com, and another with a link to a place called SK.net.

I've only been lurking around for a short while but I've got to say, SK.net is on a completely different level from the other forums I've been to. They've even mentioned this place a few times, even if those were angry posts. Apparently, their main complaint was that you guys were too serious, (they specifically mentioned a moderator a few times that seemed to shoot holes through their ideas, and even though I'm new, I can only assume that it was Aaz. Please don't burn me alive.) and that they needed to show proof for anything, even if it was just to back up some speculation. :guts:, though one person did hint about something they were planning to get back at that Mod for banning them, so just a small heads up.

As for the actual manga, I set up an account on amazon, and started buying them, though my budget demands that I do so slowly. I'll happily post pics as soon as I get the volumes I ordered.

One small question before I draw this useless post to a close. Is there a thread where I can find an in depth discussion on Ganishka? I'm using the search engine, but most of the results I've seen so far are just small tidbits about him in forums that started on other subjects (aside from the Viva Ganishka! thread) . I'll keep looking, and don't want to sound lazy, but If anyone can direct me to the proper thread, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, I just wanted to say that I'm happy to be here and hope we get along well. :serpico:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Howdy and welcome to SK.Net! :guts:

Yea we can and do take Berserk maybe a bit to serious but people have to understand that Berserk is not your normal manga. It has amazing aspects to it and does not follow in anyway the standard Naruto/DBZ/Bleach type of story progression (fight, get beaten up by the bigger bad guy, POWER UP, fight, etc etc.)

So its a real shame and chaps our hides when people do treat it the same. In any case about your Ganishka question, you can probably check out the character cove for it and if you can't find a thread specifically there, go ahead and make one in there. The only things that Aaz will get on you about is if you don't put in any effort into your thread/post. If you can just follow that rule along with using some common sense, you will have a great time here and learn a lot about the world of berserk and its amazing world and characters. :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Hawkman said:
Hello everyone! I'm a somewhat new fan of Berserk.

Hi, welcome to SK.net. :serpico:

The Hawkman said:
though one person did hint about something they were planning to get back at that Mod for banning them, so just a small heads up.

We're all trembling in fright. :ganishka: And a little precision: people don't get banned just for posting bad speculation around here. It takes a serious offense for that to happen.

The Hawkman said:
One small question before I draw this useless post to a close. Is there a thread where I can find an in depth discussion on Ganishka? I'm using the search engine, but most of the results I've seen so far are just small tidbits about him in forums that started on other subjects (aside from the Viva Ganishka! thread) . I'll keep looking, and don't want to sound lazy, but If anyone can direct me to the proper thread, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, I just wanted to say that I'm happy to be here and hope we get along well. :serpico:

He's been discussed in so many threads, it's hard to say. What exactly do you want to know about him?

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Yea we can and do take Berserk maybe a bit to serious but people have to understand that Berserk is not your normal manga.

I can tell you for a fact that we don't take Berserk any more or less seriously than a lot of other fan sites on the world wide web take whatever thing they're dedicated to. There isn't much point to a fan site if it's to treat your subject half-assedly in the first place, is there? We just strive to maintain certain standards of quality, and personally I couldn't possibly care less about the opinion of those who refuse to meet said standards (or who simply cannot tolerate that someone would contradict them).

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Yea we can and do take Berserk maybe a bit to serious but people have to understand that Berserk is not your normal manga. It has amazing aspects to it and does not follow in anyway the standard Naruto/DBZ/Bleach type of story progression (fight, get beaten up by the bigger bad guy, POWER UP, fight, etc etc.)
Yeah, it definitely goes above and beyond anything else I've read (though after reading around a bit makes me think that Vagabond should be next on my list after I catch up with Berserk) and I'm glad that it doesn't follow the same formula as the different series('s?) that most people set their standards by.

Aazealh said:
He's been discussed in so many threads, it's hard to say. What exactly do you want to know about him?
Well, mostly the whole apostle form versus magic abilities topic. I saw somewhere that Walter had said it had been discused into the dirt, but I had some questions about it, and even though I'm sure it's around here somewhere, I haven't been able to find it so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Hawkman said:
Well, mostly the whole apostle form versus magic abilities topic. I saw somewhere that Walter had said it had been discused into the dirt, but I had some questions about it, and even though I'm sure it's around here somewhere, I haven't been able to find it so far.

I'm afraid there isn't really a main thread about this. It was discussed many times over the years in various threads, so searching is your best option. I'd recommend searching posts I personally made, since I'm the one who posted the most on the subject. Just search for "Ganishka magic" or something like that and have fun for the evening. :slan:

In a nutshell, his fog form was his apostle form, but he was able to use it, manipulate it and do things with it that were all arguably magical in nature. So much so that it was originally thought by some (like me) that his fog form might not be his apostle form. We don't have detailed explanations of how it all worked.

Worth noting is the fact there is a precedent of an apostle using magic in the person of Charles, an apostle exclusively present in the PS2 game.

X

Xem

Welcome to SK.net!

And just so you know, most of us are working on a way to get at Aaz... we've just failed so far. Next time, Aaz!

NEXT TIME

Top Bottom