How did SK know Guts was born from a corpse?

How exactly did the Skull Knight know that Guts was born from a corpse? Has he really been observing him for all this time? :SK:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Doc said:
How exactly did the Skull Knight know that Guts was born from a corpse? Has he really been observing him for all this time? :SK:

SK knows a lot of things... :SK:

However without any clues about it, I sincerely don't mind too much this question, but I think that in case, SK should have observed the parents of Guts(or even his mother) to see he born from her corpse. But any idea it'b be too weak.

But what would be the logical explanation? Do you think SK somehow looked into Guts and discovered his past OR was he aware of his significance at a young age?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
But what would be the logical explanation? Do you think SK somehow looked into Guts and discovered his past OR was he aware of his significance at a young age?
It could be any of a dozen things. He could have been witness to an oracle that predicted Guts' birth, for instance. I try not to think of specifics in something like this because it's just a vast unknown. This isn't some unique case where SK mysteriously knows details of something obscure. One could write a book on just how much we dont know about how SK acquired certain knowledge.

How did he know that Guts could survive the eclipse if he fought on with a broken sword (vol 9)? How did he know the specifics of the 1,000 year incarnation ceremony (vol 18)? How did he know what The Falcon desired above all (vol 28)? How does he sense things instinctively with his sword (vol 13 and vol 20)? How did he know how Beherits would react INSIDE HIS BODY, and master the Yobimizu no Tsurugi (vol 26)? How does he know when a GH appears, like when Slan suddenly manifested in the Qliphoth (vol 26)?

Doc said:

He may be able to see Gut's past... :azan: but he doesn't own it!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Listing everything we know about SK is like Chuck Norris facts.
Except nothing here is an exaggeration. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:

The only limit is your imagination here. Maybe he was made aware of an oracle, like Walter said. Or maybe he has some insight into causality and knew of Guts' significance because of his relation to Griffith. Maybe the prophecy of the Falcon of Darkness was delivered to him in person long ago, and the full version mentioned Guts as the one who would oppose it. The list of possibilities is long.

K

KnightofSkeleton

Skull Knight; such an enigma. I'd love to figure out exactly how it is that Miura made Zodd and SK connect together. A lot of us here feel like SK might have been a sacrifice and is embarking on a similar journey as Guts. However, I can't figure out who SK is more of a rival to; Void or Zodd.

Somehow I get the feeling that SK is much older than Zodd though, so I imagine his fundamental motivation might be to take Void down, while Zodd and SK have a rivalry more similar to that of Zodd and Guts. It's been awhile since I read Berserk though so it might be time to go through my old volumes again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
Somehow I get the feeling that SK is much older than Zodd though, so I imagine his fundamental motivation might be to take Void down

SK's goal is to take the whole God Hand down. It's not a secret.

A.C said:
Zodd and SK have a rivalry more similar to that of Zodd and Guts.

I wouldn't say so actually. For one thing the power relationship isn't the same.

Since were talking about Skull Knight speculations I had a thought of mine to share about him. I wonder if he's not emperor gaiseric, maybe void? This seems unlikely but the author has been known to throw a lot of interesting twists to the story. The skull knight hasn't revealed himself as gaiseric yet so its still a possibility. He has been called your majesty so another interesting thought came to my mind, what if void was gaiseric and the skull knight was his son that he sacrificed. Then again there is that time difference between gaiseric's empire being destroyed and then the birth of void so that too seems unlikely... who really knows anything about this enigmatic character? I can't wait for some more light to be shed on him and the god hand.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
The skull knight hasn't revealed himself as gaiseric yet so its still a possibility.

But the dates, symbolism (skull helmet) and attitudes (his or that of others towards him) coincide, and when we heard about Gaiseric, the first thing Guts thought of was... The Skull Knight.

Zerk said:
what if void was gaiseric and the skull knight was his son that he sacrificed.

The problem is we never heard anything about a son, and it would also be a lot like what Ganishka did. Besides that wouldn't explain how the capital city was destroyed, nor the branded corpses at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth.

True. Just some wild speculations. I wouldn't doubt that Muira is going to surprise us when we get more info on the skull knight however.

Well SK knows lot of things possibly his immortal too just like Zodd since they are rivals and they live 400yrs.
possibly SK know since he talked to witch Flora; you "know" witches they know everything its like they are psychic! lolz

Its just my theory that SK is an old apostle or he walk same path as guts but he failed or He need guts to finish the job.
another theory for me the light of hawk that they portray is not griffith, its Guts. since griffith is like an anti-christ.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, those are old, refuted theories at this point. It'd be best if you perused our older threads for these kinds of discussions.

foxhunter said:
Well SK knows lot of things possibly his immortal too just like Zodd since they are rivals and they live 400yrs.
This sentence is loaded with inaccuracies. I'll try to make it simple and clear for you though: That SK isn't mortal is a known fact. He's a hollow armor that's been around for 1000 years. Doesn't have anything to do with Zodd. Also, not sure where you came up with "400 years." SK has been around for +1000 years, and Zodd for +300.

possibly SK know since he talked to witch Flora; you "know" witches they know everything its like they are psychic! lolz
Witches aren't psychic. And though Flora knew quite a bit about the world, there was nothing to indicate she could see into the future. Rather, both her and SK seemed to know a lot about what happened in the past, and thus, what may happen in the future.

Its just my theory that SK is an old apostle
Sorry, but this is a theory that's been defunct for more than 15 years now. Chronologically speaking, Zodd is the first to refute this theory. He says that SK has opposed "us" (meaning God Hand and apostles) for 1,000 years. Later, in volume 18, SKs presence doesn't make Guts' brand bleed. Furthermore, Puck senses elves when SK is around.

another theory for me the light of hawk that they portray is not griffith, its Guts. since griffith is like an anti-christ.
No, the Falcon of Light and Darkness are the same being -- Griffith. This makes perfect sense since he is both Femto and the Falcon of Light seen in the visions, incarnated into one body. If you've read up to volume 34, it's made quite irrefutably clear.

Top Bottom