What are you watching? (television thread)

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://io9.com/5279286/blade-runner-is-about-to-get-a-prequel-webseries

What do you guys make of this? I really don't know how I feel but I don't think its that good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
http://io9.com/5279286/blade-runner-is-about-to-get-a-prequel-webseries

What do you guys make of this? I really don't know how I feel but I don't think its that good.

Let me help you: you should feel bad. This shit doesn't bode well for the Alien prequel (now prequels, right?).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I want the old Ridley back. This new Ridley is starting to get on my nerves. Aside from Gladiator and American Gangster, has he made any other good movies in the last ten years?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I want the old Ridley back. This new Ridley is starting to get on my nerves. Aside from Gladiator and American Gangster, has he made any other good movies in the last ten years?
Some would say Black Hawk Down, but I don't even think American Gangster should be on that list. It was a by-the-numbers crime drama.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Moving this back to TV discussion, I've been rewatching Madmen seasons 1-3 in anticipation of season 4, which premieres next month.

Madmen is sort of a guilty pleasure with me. I'm fully aware that it's one of the most overrated shows on television, but it's got its hooks in me. I can't help it. It's hard to recommend it though. Do you like a complex narrative and amazing acting paired with stilted directing and cinematography? In love with America in the 1960s? Well, then do I have a show for you!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Olivier Hague said:
I mean, seriously. Entirely worth checking out.
Based on your recommendation back then, I actually did sit down and watch this, but didn't finish the first episode. Not really my thing, I guess =\

Not even the first episode? That was fast. ^^;

Oh, well.
For the others (who live in the States, anyway):
http://www.hulu.com/the-tatami-galaxy

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Olivier Hague said:
I mean, seriously. Entirely worth checking out.
I second that, if it means anything. The series was great, it dragged a bit at some points, but the last two episodes were just magnificent. Also, the first episode is a bit hard to get through, but it seems a lot better after knowing how the story structure goes.

Just finished watching The Wire.

Man, what an awesome show. Nice wrap up too, even if at times the 5th season felt a little heavy handed.

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/08/daily-show-reunion-colber_n_639412.html

This was pretty cool from last night on the Colbert Report with Steve Carell as the guest. It brought back old times...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
I second that, if it means anything. The series was great, it dragged a bit at some points, but the last two episodes were just magnificent. Also, the first episode is a bit hard to get through, but it seems a lot better after knowing how the story structure goes.
I'll give it another try.

CowTip said:
Just finished watching The Wire.

Man, what an awesome show. Nice wrap up too, even if at times the 5th season felt a little heavy handed.
Yeah man, glad you liked it too. It's easily my favorite show.

The Wire's pretty intense.

Last night I caught up to the last 2 episodes of Futurama on the dvr. They were easily much better than the first 2 episodes, but I'm still pretty bummed they have this 4th season up and running because the original 3 seasons came together perfectly, and it was one of those 1 in a 1000 series that had a good definite end.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I'm still pretty bummed they have this 4th season up and running because the original 3 seasons came together perfectly, and it was one of those 1 in a 1000 series that had a good definite end.

Futurama was originally 4 seasons, then they released the DVDs which count as the 5th, and currently the 6th season is airing on Comedy Central.

Oburi

All praise Grail
entourage.jpg

Loving the new season. Anyone else watching?

I haven't had a chance to pick Entourage up, how many seasons are there? I've also been meaning to watch Californication.

Last night I caught up with the Real Housewives (NJ), and Kourtney & Khloe Go Back To Miami (or whatever it's called). Good fun bitchy reality shows hah. Also caught up with the F1 race this past weekend, and Iron Chef America.

Oburi

All praise Grail
IncantatioN said:
I haven't had a chance to pick Entourage up, how many seasons are there? I've also been meaning to watch Californication.

It's on it's 7th season right now!

Last night I caught up with the Real Housewives (NJ), and Kourtney & Khloe Go Back To Miami (or whatever it's called). Good fun bitchy reality shows hah. Also caught up with the F1 race this past weekend, and Iron Chef America.

Bless you boy.

7th season eehhh >_> ... not too bad, I'll pick up the first 6 if it's that good! I remember hopping on a BSG marathon and caught up just in time for the last episode. Right now I'm catching up with Hell's Kitchen, Ancient Aliens (KICKASS SHOW), and WWE Raw.

Top Bottom