What are you watching? (television thread)

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Eluvei said:
Yeah, I've yet to see Tatami Galaxy, but all his works, even shorts, are just amazing. He's definitely my favorite anime director nowadays. You're the one that recommended me Mind Game, man. Thanks. :badbone:
Oh, awesome, glad you really liked Mind Game! Here's a list of other "artsy/obscure/pretentious" type titles, a good amount of which have some crazy awesome animation. I recently got Noiseman Sound Insect, one of Yuasa's first major works, which I'll probably watch after my magical shoujo adventures with Revolutionary Bitchslaps Utena :troll:.
Also still gotta watch Cat Soup and Genius Party.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3240/artsy.jpg

Castle.

There were some pretty good episodes so far this season. Especially 3XK which I really enjoyed. Unfortunately there was also quite a few mediocre episodes that weren't particularly interesting. Like the latest episode; Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind. I wasn't sure if I was watching Castle or the X-files. It felt really lost out in left field.
un-named agents, an emp, techno-gizmos, spies? Usually government agent's are used as a joke in this series or else they're normal people but work for the FBI, in this episode the agents were like ghosts, no organization name, nothing. And without even confirming through an agency, the police simply cooperate. pretty sub-par episode.

X

Xem

carnivale.jpg

Almost through the first season and am enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Next on the list is Oz, since I only caught random episodes here and there when it originally aired, I figured I'd give it a shot from the very beginning.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyone watching the new season of South Park? It started out a little iffy but the last episode had me in tears. It was the one where Randy wanted to be a Top Chef. Also there was a trilogy of episodes about the Coon and Friends where they actually explained how and why Kenny can die all the time. I thought it was awesome how they explained the gimmick. Also the second episode in that trilogy was titled Mysterion Rising, a reference to the new Batman movie perhaps?

Oburi said:
Anyone watching the new season of South Park? It started out a little iffy but the last episode had me in tears. It was the one where Randy wanted to be a Top Chef. Also there was a trilogy of episodes about the Coon and Friends where they actually explained how and why Kenny can die all the time. I thought it was awesome how they explained the gimmick. Also the second episode in that trilogy was titled Mysterion Rising, a reference to the new Batman movie perhaps?

I am, though I'm a little behind. I watched Insheeption yesterday, so next Sunday we should get Coon 2: Hindsight.

I have enjoyed all of the episodes so far, and I'm looking forward to the ones I'm missing.

Gotta admit, it's sorta fun to watch The Millionaire Matchmaker or see the dynamics of some relationships on 16 And Pregnant. I think the new Top Chef All-Stars will slay.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fringe and NCIS are all I watch these days. I love Adventure Time but haven't kept up with season 2 since it's not on TV here. Need to check out Castle.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Aphasia said:
adventure.jpg

Adventure Time FTW
oh man. . . I love Adventure Time :guts:

I've only seen a couple of episodes but man are they funny, the voice actor for the dog is the VA for Bender from Futurama right?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auOhKRR6r2o

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Fringe and NCIS are all I watch these days. I love Adventure Time but haven't kept up with season 2 since it's not on TV here. Need to check out Castle.
Aazealh said:
Yup, John DiMaggio.

Yay, Adventure Time fans! It's a really fun cartoon series. I knew his voice sounded familiar. Jake is awesome.

I hardly watch TV, I'm too lazy to tune in to shows that are on. Then I found out they had season 1 and 2 on Itunes. Awesome. I believe it's 13-14 episodes for 20 bucks. They release new episodes for download as they air.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I saw a promo for a new seaon of curb your enthusiasm last night on HBO and it looks like they are going to NY. Leon was aslo confirmed as being part of the cast. I swear everytime I think its going to be the last season they end up doing another, but hell I'm not complaining. No set date yet but I'm very much excited for it! Also the final season of entarouge will be sometime this year as well. I'm glad I renewed my HBO subscription this year.
As for now I've been watching new season of Real Time, which has been a lot of fun.

Dar_Klink

Getting in touch with my inner Aaz( :troll:) and watching Wakfu. Just finished season 1 tonight and I am going to start season 2 soon and watch as it comes out. I am also watching Casshern Sins, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fractale, Level E, Banner of the Stars, and for ACTUAL AMURRICAN TV, Community season 2 as it comes out. A nice varied blend of American comedy, French cartoons mimicking anime style, old anime, and current season anime. :guts:

Dar Klink said:
I am also watching Casshern Sins, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fractale, Level E, Banner of the Stars, and for ACTUAL AMURRICAN TV, Community season 2 as it comes out.
Casshern was slow, but just a pretty looking series overall. The music reminded me of Inu Yasha's tunes! Puella is so so good! Fractale's unique but the art's not exactly how the manga is, so that put me off for a bit. Level E's shaping up to be good too. BOS is such a good series, as is the other series related - BOS 2 and Crest Of Stars.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
IncantatioN said:
Casshern was slow, but just a pretty looking series overall. The music reminded me of Inu Yasha's tunes! Puella is so so good! Fractale's unique but the art's not exactly how the manga is, so that put me off for a bit. Level E's shaping up to be good too. BOS is such a good series, as is the other series related - BOS 2 and Crest Of Stars.

Have you guys seen the Casshern live action film? I thought it was pretty cool, but I've never watched the cartoons so I had nothing to judge it from. Crest of the Stars is awesome. I just ordered the BIG O and Bubblegum Crisis (old school version) dvds, so I'll probably be watching those. :badbone: I hardly ever watch "Television" as in cable or satellite, but I watch a lot of DVD's and stuff on HULU and Itunes. That counts right?

Dar_Klink

IncantatioN said:
Casshern was slow, but just a pretty looking series overall.
I really love Casshern so far, even if it is a bit slow and full of DEEP dialogue. The fight scenes and visuals are top tier, and the music is great.
Puella is so so good!
I really am enjoying Madoka the most this season, the writer for it wrote my favorite Visual Novel, Saya no Uta. I cannot wait to see today's episode.
Fractale's unique but the art's not exactly how the manga is, so that put me off for a bit.
Fractale for me is more like watching a trainwreck and laughing about how the director really thinks it is better than other current anime. It is pretty much a Ghibli/Miyazaki story mixed with super annoying characters, shitty humor, and shitty pacing/writing. Also, there wasn't a manga of Fractale before it came out, but the promo art looked tons more detailed and had different hair colors.
Level E's shaping up to be good too.
Level E is just hilarious... every Monday it is my favorite of the season and then Madoka is on Thursdays. :troll:
BOS is such a good series, as is the other series related - BOS 2 and Crest Of Stars.
I watched Crest of the Stars about half a year ago and just got to watching Banner for some reason. I loved Crest and I love Banner now too. It's my favorite Space Opera anime outside of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Aphasia said:
Have you guys seen the Casshern live action film? I thought it was pretty cool, but I've never watched the cartoons so I had nothing to judge it from.
Never did watch the live action, but Casshern Sins is a remake or from about 3 years ago by Madhouse which made the series darker than the original. Not to say it is super grimdark over the top, but it is different from the original.
I just ordered the BIG O and Bubblegum Crisis (old school version) dvds, so I'll probably be watching those. :badbone:
Awesome! :guts:

Wrestlemania 27 payperview ... so far so good. Edge vs Alberto was fun even with the antics going on outside the ring, Rey vs Cody was BORING as hell and I'm glad the former
got his butt beat
, that 8 man match was prolly the quickest in Wrestlemania history :ganishka:. Orton vs Punk now ... I've always been a fan of Punk's ... hope he wins ... and The Undertaker (later on). Anyone else watching this tonight? ^ ^

Top Bottom