What are you watching? (television thread)

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
y7nUd.jpg

Batman the animated series. Got my dad the DVD set for his birthday. He loves cartoons as much as me. :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I also concur. They just nailed the whole Batman spirit. Plus it's got the whole nostalgia thing which never hurts. :serpico:

I highly recommend the soundtrack as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5HZuKd9Bc

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Started watching Game of Thrones. So far I am very impressed with what I've seen. I'll go ahead and suggest it for the time being ;).

Nomad said:
Started watching Game of Thrones. So far I am very impressed with what I've seen. I'll go ahead and suggest it for the time being ;).

I enjoyed the first episode, trying to decide if I should read the series, or just watch the show.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I watched Game of Thrones Sunday night. I thought it was great. The production quality is amazing. The locations, the wardrobe the sets ... very, very impressive.

The first episode of The Game of Thrones was brilliant. Very true to the book and I think that Berserk fans would enjoy the series. Especially later on since the beginning is rather slow, concentrates on exposition and it takes time to memorize hundreds of characters' names and their role in the universe. I read each of the first hundred pages of the book at least twice until I remembered who's who and what's their agenda.

I just started re-reading the books. They're huge so I should finish just in time for the endlessly delayed fifth one's release (July).

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I got the Eva 2.22 Blu Ray. Holy shit this is good. The story is really starting to diverge from the original thingie. I am glad, too.

Plus, Asuka's voice lady does a certain Casca from a certain Berserk I watched. And she just said the Japanese word for "orders." Ah, nostalgia.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I got the Eva 2.22 Blu Ray. Holy shit this is good. The story is really starting to diverge from the original thingie. I am glad, too.
I saw it a while back and was surprised at how good it was. Personally I'd gotten over my adolescent love of Evangelion over a decade ago, and never thought my interest could be rekindled. But on the recommendation of a friend, I gave this a chance. And I think everyone should.

Walter said:
I saw it a while back and was surprised at how good it was. Personally I'd gotten over my adolescent love of Evangelion over a decade ago, and never thought my interest could be rekindled. But on the recommendation of a friend, I gave this a chance. And I think everyone should.

I thought it was great and can't wait for the next movie to come out.

Oburi

All praise Grail
New season of Curb anyone? First episode was pretaaayy pretaaayyy prettaaayyy pretayy good.

Oh and I also just watched the first Eva rebuild movie and thought it was fantastic. About to watch the second. Like Walter said, I thought I wouldn't ever be interested in getting back into Eva but hey, the new movies aren't bad. Things that needed improvement are being addressed and the animation is gorgeous.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
New season of Curb anyone? First episode was pretaaayy pretaaayyy prettaaayyy pretayy good.

Painful to watch in all the right ways. BTW, does HBO have Gary Cole on retainer now? :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
Painful to watch in all the right ways. BTW, does HBO have Gary Cole on retainer now? :guts:

Pretty much. He's just that type of guy to play any role yet still not big enough to play himself.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Watched the first episode of the final season of Entourage. Wasn't exactly as good as I was hoping it would be. I really hope the series ends well.

Griffith

Another fine episode of Larry David: Social Assassin. :ganishka:

Truly a most logical direction to take the character. Also, I hope he made the right choice at the end.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Haha, yea the last two episodes have been classic. The show has a whole new feel to it now that Larry isn't married, its like he now has no reason not be the outspoken, self serving jerk. it makes things much more dangerous. And I know which side he chose. Best chicken in town!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Another fine episode of Larry David: Social Assassin. :ganishka:

Truly a most logical direction to take the character. Also, I hope he made the right choice at the end.
Awesome episode.

"I think if you didn't want to sleep with her, you wouldnt be so tolerant with the lol."
"Well, that goes without saying."

Watched the German GP + Qualifying last night, what a close race!

Today - new season of Hell's Kitchen, episode 2 ... so far it's under-whelming. I'm gonna skip this season and watch the last 2 episodes.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The whole yamaka alert also got some laught out of me.

This new one, I think was even better than the last one. The double parker, the vow of silence, Larry lying to avoid the event,the chat and cut, and confirmation. "I'm so glad I"m going to New York and not going to see your face for three months"

I finished watching the first season for Blue Mountain State this weekend, pretty fun. The second season is nowhere close of being as funny as the first.

Below is an EXPLICIT NOT-SAFE-FOR-WORK trailer for the first season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bC3XGiuwI

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:

This new one, I think was even better than the last one. The double parker, the vow of silence, Larry lying to avoid the event,the chat and cut, and confirmation. "I'm so glad I"m going to New York and not going to see your face for three months"

Yea it was great. And what a perfect setup for Larry to go to the Big Apple.

I don't think anyone else is watching Entourage with me but last nights episode really got things moving. Only five episodes left before it ends forever :judo:

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:

That episode the highlight of the season so far, New York's going to need to be pretty, pretty good to top it.

Th3Branded0ne said:

Yeah, Larry won even though he lost. I still like the last one better, mostly for his determination to shit where he eats. :ganishka:

IncantatioN said:
I finished watching the first season for Blue Mountain State this weekend, pretty fun. The second season is nowhere close of being as funny as the first.

Lots of Channel 101 alumni involved in that show, including the creators. It amazes how good first seasons are now compared to the rest of a series. Just talking out of my ass, but maybe as television has become better and more like movies, including the raunchy comedies, creators have the freedom to better express their vision in the first place instead of always having to round the show into shape during subsequent seasons when they have more cache but before they run out of ideas. Now first seasons are almost like first movies and the subsequent seasons lesser sequels. On the other hand, maybe that's a sign television isn't getting better in some ways.

Oburi said:
Yea it was great. And what a perfect setup for Larry to go to the Big Apple.

Yeah, it had to be something ridiculous forcing Larry's hand. After the third episode I thought that might have been what got him exiled to New York, but this was even stupidly better.

Oburi said:
I don't think anyone else is watching Entourage with me but last nights episode really got things moving. Only five episodes left before it ends forever :judo:

Yeah, I saw a little bit of last season, and didn't care to see any more.

Top Bottom