What are you watching? (television thread)

I'm currently hooked on the new American Ninja Warrior... though I wish they competed side by side with the Ninja Warrior crowd when they made it to Japan (and I dislike the weird reality tv training 15-10 portion of the show).

Griffith said:
Lots of Channel 101 alumni involved in that show, including the creators. It amazes how good first seasons are now compared to the rest of a series. Just talking out of my ass, but maybe as television has become better and more like movies, including the raunchy comedies, creators have the freedom to better express their vision in the first place instead of always having to round the show into shape during subsequent seasons when they have more cache but before they run out of ideas. Now first seasons are almost like first movies and the subsequent seasons lesser sequels. On the other hand, maybe that's a sign television isn't getting better in some ways.
Yeah, that last sentence holds true which's probably why Netflix is popular because everyone would prefer to go back to watching movies than watching television series/ programs.

Last night I got current with KUWTK, TRHONJ and a new episode of Ancient Aliens (which was meh).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Probably my least favorite Curb of the new season, though I was happy to see the return of the stare.
Also, Larry should have took the $500. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was an okay episode. Got a few laughs out of me. "The Brits were right about the bread!" :serpico: .... :magni:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I laughed when Larry was complaining to Ricky about having to pay for the tickets.
"I paid 200 dollars"!
"You think they should have been more"?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Don't do the shitbow. The contest with Rosie I think could have been better, but still was good. And after just watching Breaking Bad, that scene with Larry at the park buying pills, got a chuckle out of me.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Haha, that was classic. I love when Larry has to interact with drug dealers. "Nice to meet you" lol. I was dying.

Great night for tv last night!

Griffith

A most enjoyable allegory, and was I the only person to recognize David Canary, aka Adam/Stewart Chandler of All of My Children, as the dealer?

Answer: yes. :ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
This episode of Curb was good as well. The whole integrity part based on wives' looks was great, especiad anlly the line Larry saying, " I pee and munch". At least he got his trainer back, thanks to the judge. "Who did that to you?" "A one armed man" :ganishka:

Griffith

It was alright, but tough to follow last week's literal Hall of Fame episode. Plus, I felt it was meandered a little, which was also my problem with the Gervais episode.

They've just started showing 'The Mentalist' in Britain, so I'm watching the first season.
Its better than I expected. It kinda reminds me of Castle.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The episode was ok but the part with Larry and Susie in the car had me girlfriend and I in hysterics. It was so over the top and ridiculous but their faces and noises were too funny.

X

Xem

They've been showing the entire Star Wars saga on TV a lot recently since the blu-rays were released, but for some reason Spike TV decided to switch out Return of the Jedi with Army of Darkness. :ganishka:

Griffith

How could you guys not mention George Lucas from last week's Curb? That got an evil laugh from me, especially when he doubled down on the joke with the time to "complete the shot." :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
My fall tv schedule.

Real Time Bill Maher
Sept 16 (Friday)​
The Office
Sept 22 (Thursday)​
Boardwalk Empire
Sept. 25 (Sunday)​
South Park
Oct 5 (Wednesday)​
Walking Dead
Oct 16 (Sunday)​
Beavis and Butt-Head
Oct 27 (Thursday)​

Griffith

Walter said:

They're back: http://www.mtv.com/shows/beavis_and_butthead/series.jhtml

And judging by the "Holy Cornholio" preview video, they haven't changed. Except now they'll also be watching reality TV and MMA.

Top Bottom