What are you watching? (television thread)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
They're back: http://www.mtv.com/shows/beavis_and_butthead/series.jhtml

And judging by the "Holy Cornholio" preview video, they haven't changed. Except now they'll also be watching reality TV and MMA.
Well, okay. If they're going to return though, I think it'd be more interesting if they'd aged, but there were no other changes. :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm just happy it doesn't look like a new Ren & Stimpy situation. It's also fascinating to see if it can pick up where it left off 15 years ago like nothing happened. :guts:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I just caught up with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so I could see the season 7 premiere. I was not disappointed. This show is one of the funniest ever.

They had a hooker character that was beyond hilarious.
It's a serious shame they killed her off at the end of the episode.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I just caught up with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so I could see the season 7 premiere. I was not disappointed. This show is one of the funniest ever.

They had a hooker character that was beyond hilarious.
It's a serious shame they killed her off at the end of the episode.
Did you see the Christmas special?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Theyy've got one of my favorite offbeat episodes of Batman: TAS streaming online, "Joker's Favor."

http://www.thewb.com/shows/batman-the-animated-series/jokers-favor/3aad0f06-75ea-404c-9869-b956325794ee

Oburi

All praise Grail
First ep of Boardwalk Empire season was great if anyone else is watching. This season looks to be very interesting.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
First ep of Boardwalk Empire season was great if anyone else is watching. This season looks to be very interesting.

I am, just haven seen it, since I was busy Sunday. But I will tomorrow on hbogo.

Edit: Saw the 2 episodes, first one was kinda like a 1st part and 2 completing it. Nucky's wife was sure smart to go and retrieve the items.

The 2 hour premiere of Terra Nova last week was decent. This week's episode was bleh. Next week's preview looks a lot better but the premise - a virus that destroys ones memory - is weak.

IncantatioN said:
The 2 hour premiere of Terra Nova last week was decent. This week's episode was bleh. Next week's preview looks a lot better but the premise - a virus that destroys ones memory - is weak.
I wish the son would whine more about his dad issues.

Oburi said:
My fall tv schedule.

Real Time Bill Maher
Sept 16 (Friday)​
The Office
Sept 22 (Thursday)​
Boardwalk Empire
Sept. 25 (Sunday)​
South Park
Oct 5 (Wednesday)​
Walking Dead
Oct 16 (Sunday)​
Beavis and Butt-Head
Oct 27 (Thursday)​

That is an excellent schedule. I'm looking forward to the new Walking Dead season to see how they handle the story at Hershel's farm even though I'm a bit bummed out that we won't get to see Michonne until next year. Although it ended last weekend, the newest Doctor Who series has been fun as well.

Even with my deep affection towards dinosaurs, I just can't get myself to check out Terra Nova.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Is anyone else watching Boardwalk Empire? This show has moved beyond all expectations. The second episode was a little weak but the last two have been so incredible and next week looks just as good. You can tell they are filming it more and more like a film with the extreme closeups and camera panning over intricate shots, and of course the production is just as amazing. The whole look (and talk) of this show just screams the roaring 20's. I can't imagine a better, more accurate portrayal. That and the events that are unfolding and the actors... my god it's brilliant. The guy who plays Arnold Rosthein (was also in the Coens A Serious Man) is so creepy and unnerving. Same could be said for Agent Nelson Van Aldon, you can tell the actors are just eating up the roles, whether based on real characters (Lucky Luciano, Al Capone) or the fictional ones.

Anyway this is best thing on tv, especially now that Breaking Bad is over.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Is anyone else watching Boardwalk Empire? This show has moved beyond all expectations. The second episode was a little weak but the last two have been so incredible and next week looks just as good. You can tell they are filming it more and more like a film with the extreme closeups and camera panning over intricate shots, and of course the production is just as amazing. The whole look (and talk) of this show just screams the roaring 20's. I can't imagine a better, more accurate portrayal. That and the events that are unfolding and the actors... my god it's brilliant. The guy who plays Arnold Rosthein (was also in the Coens A Serious Man) is so creepy and unnerving. Same could be said for Agent Nelson Van Aldon, you can tell the actors are just eating up the roles, whether based on real characters (Lucky Luciano, Al Capone) or the fictional ones.

Anyway this is best thing on tv, especially now that Breaking Bad is over.
I am watching it. It's a good series and now seems Nucky will try to do more dirty work than before to regain lost territory. I liked that part in the restaurant when he tossed the lobster to the ground and had his little chat.

I'm from Jefferson City, Missouri. Baseball team Cardinals sucked all year, managed to get into the world series. Tonight game 6, Cardinals won with a solo home-run on the very last pitch of the night. Winning 9-10, 11 innings into the game. Probably one of the biggest games I ever watched live. Talk about a exhilarating night to be fan. Going onto the final 7th game.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Death May Die said:
I'm from Jefferson City, Missouri. Baseball team Cardinals sucked all year, managed to get into the world series. Tonight game 6, Cardinals won with a solo home-run on the very last pitch of the night. Winning 9-10, 11 innings into the game. Probably one of the biggest games I ever watched live. Talk about a exhilarating night to be fan. Going onto the final 7th game.
I actually saw the game at work while in my lunch break. I still think Texas will win.

Top Bottom