What are you watching? (television thread)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just watched Dexter's season finale. The whole season wasn't great in my part, but it had it's moments. At least the cliffhanger was good, to keep watching next season.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I just watched Dexter's season finale. The whole season wasn't great in my part, but it had it's moments. At least the cliffhanger was good, to keep watching next season.
I'll pick it up tonight and watch it! All the way current up till last night's episode. The season wasn't their best but the last 3/4 episodes really picked things up - pace of the series, kills, twists, acting performances.

I'm about to wrap up this season of Dexter tonight. Overall, this season felt STALE. The formula is getting too routine. Oh my, Dexter just always happens to find someone to kill. I felt not enough was done this season to highlight Dexter's newfound outlook on religion. It was there and suddenly was gone. I heard the finale was good and I did watch the whole season, so I owe it to myself to check out the finale.

Just began watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Wasn't expecting shit, but the show's pretty solid and doesn't induce, 'Getthefuckouttahere' moments. Pus it has Ron Perlman.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well tonight is the finale of the first season of American Horror Story. i can't wait to see it. It's a bit cheesy at some point but still is a good show IMO.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I just watched this hour and a half long documentary on Samurais. specifically, Miyamoto Musashi by the History Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=1NT1tPpkVMM

The ending was a philosophical over load :isidro:.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just want to say that tonight's episode of Real Time on HBO was the best I've ever seen. Say what you will about Maher but the panel and guests were on fire, especially Sen. Bernie Sanders. If you get a chance check out tonight's episode.

Oburi said:
I just want to say that tonight's episode of Real Time on HBO was the best I've ever seen. Say what you will about Maher but the panel and guests were on fire, especially Sen. Bernie Sanders. If you get a chance check out tonight's episode.
Was a great episode! Real Time is one of my only 'must watch' tv shows these days. I also started watching Alcatraz, and am going to give it a shot (was a bit of a Lost nerd).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea man. It really is a must watch for me. Its so goddamn entertaining. You could tell within the first minutes of that episode that crowed was feeling it. Its always best when the audience participates.

I just caught up with seasons 4 of both Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Both thoroughly entertained. I blew through both seasons in under a week.

So bummed to learn Season 5 will be it for Breaking Bad. At least they're getting 16 episodes to end the series, as opposed to 13.

Anyone else watching these two shows? They're fantastic.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Proj2501 said:
So bummed to learn Season 5 will be it for Breaking Bad. At least they're getting 16 episodes to end the series, as opposed to 13.

I'm actually extremely happy about it. The show could have arguably ended at Season 4, but I trust the writers to wrap up the loose ends in a satisfying matter. It speaks volumes to me that they've got an ending planned out, and want to tie it all together, instead of letting it stagnate in the interests of making more money. More TV shows should have the balls to do that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I love Breaking Bad, but I am certainly not bummed about it coming to a conclusion. I prefer writers to set a goal for the ending and stick to it. Too many great shows set that goal, see their success then want to milk it.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Just wrapped up some goodies: Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica (Scifi), Farscape, Millennium, Carnivale, and Twin Peaks.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
hellrasinbrasin said:
Just wrapped up some goodies: Babylon 5, Millennium, Carnivale

B5 is my favorite show of all time. Millennium and Carnivale were excellent shows as well (it's sad that Carnivale got cancelled though).

Saephon said:
I'm actually extremely happy about it. The show could have arguably ended at Season 4, but I trust the writers to wrap up the loose ends in a satisfying matter. It speaks volumes to me that they've got an ending planned out, and want to tie it all together, instead of letting it stagnate in the interests of making more money. More TV shows should have the balls to do that.

I was sad to hear it'll be ending, but I'd rather it end and leave a good impression on me than have it jump the shark.

As far as the season 4 finale goes, there were 2 wtf moments as far as I'm concerned. I won't spoil anything, but one (I'm sure it was the same for most people too) made me say aloud, "No way."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm glad Breaking Bad going out on its own terms. At first I was actually kind of down on seasons 3 and 4 of compared to the first two. Everything in the second season was more plotted out and it kind of wrapped everything of the original premise up, but I've since come to appreciate 3 and 4 on their own merits. In addition to them just having a lot of great moments, even if the structure didn't display the same "fastidiousness" of 1 and 2, I feel like I could keep watching Walt get worse forever, but I'm glad they're not putting me to the test and I hope Walt goes out with a bang.

Speaking of character studies in bad behavior (strange how two shows that couldn't be more different are alike in this way), I just watched the first two episodes of season 3 of Eastbound & Down on HBO GO. It's more offensive, and surreal, than ever.

What can I say? I sympathize with the devil. :griffnotevil:

Dar Klink said:
The new Lupin III anime is really fucking awesome. Has a great staff working on it, really cool art, and awesome animation.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13203/Lupin_the_Third:_Mine_Fujiko_to_Iu_Onna

Anybody in a nostalgic mood or even just wanting to try Lupin for the first time should watch it.
And boobs, you forgot to add boobs in your post so I'll say it two times to make up for it.

I just re-re-rererere-watched The Vision Of Escaflowne in 1080 print, SO good.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
IncantatioN said:
And boobs, you forgot to add boobs in your post so I'll say it two times to make up for it.
Well, it is Fujiko centered, thought that part would be obvious. :ganishka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8IYmYreGWQ
The Opening theme is pretty damn classy even if isn't the famous Lupin III theme.

Been watching The Avengers on Netflix and it's pretty good. Among em, Thor and Hulk are my favorite characters. Plus they even got the voice actor's to sound like the actor's in the movies.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just watched the 2 first episodes of "Veep" starring Julia Louis-Dreyfuss as Vice President Selina Meyer. It's a good show if you are a into politics and it kinda shows that nobody really gives a crap about the vice president position.

The Avengers (animated series on Netflix) was pretty good. Same goes for Thundercats (re-boot) and Young Jutice (13 hour marathon this past Sunday). I don't remember finishing He-Man And The Master's Of The Universe (2002 version) so I picked that up recently and I'll watch the whole thing.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Watching Space Battleship Yamato is really making me want to get back into Infinite Space...

H

hellrasinbrasin

Sitting through a UC Era Gundam-A-Thon: I'm currently on Series 2
Z Gundam

Both Yamato and Zeta Gundam were great. On an unrelated note, I didn't expect much from Gundam 00 but it interested me with how dark it was.

After a few weeks, I'm up towards the end of Season 5 of Supernatural. This Season's been the least interesting so far. Have 2 more to go till I catch up and can finally DISScus it with my pals. The production is surprisingly good.

Top Bottom