• The Ring

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • They

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
The Ring

a hundred of different aspects inflicted, nothing explained. plenty of things don't seem to make any sense at all.

They

no story at all.

Now what's worse?

-TS

BOB

poruno sutâ
referring to the original ring or the stupid US remake?

the ring are several japanese films wisecrack and they do make sense and yes they are also very good

http://ringworld.somrux.com/

The Ring was quite enjoyable, the first time through anyway. i havent seen it a second time, and my opinion of movies usually change once i see them again.
i believe just about everything was explained in the movie that needed explaining. i had no trouble following it. did you? did you sleep or something?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
ranemaka13 said:
The Ring was quite enjoyable, the first time through anyway. i havent seen it a second time, and my opinion of movies usually change once i see them again.
i believe just about everything was explained in the movie that needed explaining. i had no trouble following it. did you? did you sleep or something?

SPOILERS AHEAD

first of all,
no i did not sleep. nor did i have trouble in following the storyline. it ain't very difficult anyway...

what i meant was, i got the feeling that the screenplay has no real depth.

why can samantha (not sure if that was her name) make things real that she thinks of?
why is the bug on the screen real all of a sudden? (yeah i know because she makes things real with her thoughts, but why does she make that flie real? what's the purpose of it?)
why is the mother not killed (yeah i know, because she made a copy of the tape. but how does that make sense. how does that help the little girl? IMO there's no _real_, _deep_ explanation. It's just something.

unexpected things like that happen over and over again in that movie. and i just got the feeling that it's all not that well-grounded.

oh yeah, and those pseudo-metaphorical statements like:
"you weren't supposed to help her. don't you understand... she never sleeps." WTF??

Oh yeah, and that video itself... i feel like the elements in it were just throwed in randomly. not a single thing in that video has deeper meaning nor does it express the emotions of the little girl. it's just something. some random bullshit. (that her mother recognizes that mirror and the ladder later in the movie is no real explanation for it's role in the video.)

And so on and so on.

-TS

T

temporary

There are several Ring movies now, a Korean one which is HORRIBLE, the Japanese one that put the whole nation into a coma which was AWESOME, and you know, the Hollywood version which is mediocre. I saw the Japanese one about 3 times, which scared the $hit out of me for like weeks. I wouldn't dare touch the television. Its just the Japanese people, when they put on that white makeup, they look like fucking zombies! Anyhow, nasty!

Now, there's a Japanese "The Ring" TV series, which sux ass. The story revolves around some twirp that made copies of the copied vhs tape into VCD! HAHAHAHAH. -_-;; DUMB!!!

I must say that "The Ring" made 100% sense, its just you have to watch carefully. Its basically about a restless soul and how media is used to channel the netherworld with the real world, thats about it, nothing more, nothing less. Don't think too hard, or you'll have nightmares^^ HEHEHEHHE.

T

temporary

I must add that I haven't watched the Hollywood version of the Ring, but to answer the above questions using the Japanese version:

1. The girl in the tape, is the daughter of the father that murdered her because of her supernatural powers.

2. There are several copies of the tape, but only the original one is "real" with consequences that lead to a just ending or path. The "copied" tapes are bad, they are just there to catch people's attention so that everyone looks into the murder of the restless soul.

3. From what I recall, in the Japanese version, the reporter lady with her ex-husband try their best to save the girl, which they do, but, the guy unfortunately watched the "copied" tape. The "real" tape shows that even after retrieving the dead girl's corpse from the well, that there was some unfinished business as it showed the father (with the white paper bag over his head) pointing to some place. From there, the hubby dies from the girl crawling out of the tv from the copied tape, and the lady reporter goes to some mountain and i dunno, the end? I haven't watched the TV series because I hear its cheesy. Is there anyone by any chance that have read the Ringo novels? Perhaps they could clarify the details or resolve any implications that I have introduced. All that I know from my friends was that the Hollywood version of "The Ring" was heavily manipulated in terms of its minute details and plot, which totally gave a different, and a less freakier resolution. Ah well!

T

temporary

To clarify as to why the mother, sister, father, misc. pple are in the "tape".

The copied tape has all the "victims" on it. The original one has the victim + the father in it. The father is a "Good Guy". The daughter is a "Evil Girl". The father directs the protagonists throughout their mystery to clues and hints as to how it all happened. The "eye" i believe, is the ring, that consistently shows up in the tape, just a symbolic representation that media connects the netherworld with the real world (this is me rambling on). The women in the mirror, dies. The guy that looked into the daughters eyes in that "psychic meeting" dies because he cursed the sister of the daughter that she wasn't psychic. All these people were related to the "father". These are clues which leads the reporters to question the relatives of these people that show up on the tape. Furthermore, the "newspaper" clippings found briefly in the tape, direct the reporters to look for similar images found in recent articles, which they do, and they found a clue as to where one of the victims were. Ergh. Man, this is bullocks I tell yah. Anyhow, yeah, the well, the hill, the logging house, etc, they're all just clues to tell people how the girl died. Thats all, nothing more. In order to trace the death, they must trace how the tape came into circulation.

The girl died in a well in a camp ground. The tape was then made with a brief history of their relatives and how they had the implications of a supernatural girl. The tape was I guess buried or something near the camp ground. Long and behold, a cabin was built over the well. Campers find the tape. They watch it. The first victims die in the cabin. The next visitors get a hold of the tape, they drive off, they die on the highway. Then some kids, then, some lady picks it, and she dies when she was brushing her hair, etc. Then the reporter lady and her husband get it. Each time, it shows the previous victims, it is up to them to trace the route to the origin of the murder by using "tape media" as a medium to communicate. However, once they watch it, they have approx. 1 week to solve the problem or else they'll receive a "blank" phone call and the girl jumps out of a tv and kills them. That's basically what I thought the movie was about. Is it clear enough? I have no idea what they did in the Hollywood version, it sounds quite stupid and loaded with the typical "effects" and bullocks.

T

temporary

trapped_soul said:
ranemaka13 said:

SPOILERS AHEAD

oh yeah, and those pseudo-metaphorical statements like:
"you weren't supposed to help her. don't you understand... she never sleeps." WTF??

-TS

She does not sleep because people keep making freaking copies of the tape!!!

Top Bottom