Episode 308

I also like the color illustration, I also like the paint job Puck did on Schierke's face although I am guessing the other paint brush might be Isidro joining in as well. :iva:

Aazealh said:
The text on it seems to confirm that Guts was healed when the astral wave washed over him.

Definitely seems so because in the previous episode with Guts he had scars all over his face and now his face looks a lot better with only a few scars.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
I also like the color illustration, I also like the paint job Puck did on Schierke's face although I am guessing the other paint brush might be Isidro joining in as well. :iva:

Yes, you can see that she zapped them both down soon after.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Pretty sweet developments we've got here!

Yup! It looks like the pirates had been following the Sea Horse from afar like sore losers. After the worlds merged, it seems spectres flocked to the ship that presumably killed them (I'm just speculating here, don't take this as a word of law) and transformed it into a ghost ship, apparently massacring its crew in the process. Reminds me of the tree in volume 14, or of Mozgus' torture room. :SK:

sweeeet. seems like the episode will have its lighter moments and will break away from griffith's atlantis. The panel with schierke as a cartoonish pirate is pretty funny.

hmmm about the rejuvination of Guts... I guess it further suggests that there is something good coming out of the inherently evil griffith :griffnotevil:. Guts probably appreciates but only because he is now in better shape to kick griff and his minion's butt. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
hmmm about the rejuvination of Guts... I guess it further suggests that there is something good coming out of the inherently evil griffith :griffnotevil:. Guts probably appreciates but only because he is now in better shape to kick griff and his minion's butt. :guts:

To me the big question is whether the astral wounds he received at Slan's hands are still there or not. As for something good coming out of Griffith (more precisely of his actions), sure, the astral world brings a mixed bag of good and bad. Magic, unicorns, elves and whatnot. What matters is what the God Hand will eventually make of it.

Thanks for the pictures!!

Aazealh said:
looks like the pirates had been following the Sea Horse from afar like sore losers

Third fight with those pirates... But from what Aaz said, I guess this pirate captain may not be the next Silat!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Third fight with those pirates... But from what Aaz said, I guess this pirate captain may not be the next Silat!

Yeah, I can honestly say he's lived beyond my expectations... Probably just so that we could get a ghost ship. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, I'm sure at some point we predicted a ghost ship encounter. But I never expected it to be crewed by these sore losers. There's no confirmation as far as I can tell that these guys are actually following the Sea Horse though. We could just be getting a glimpse of what occurred to them after the wave.

If a pirate's evil deeds come back to haunt him, literally, I wonder what else will occur in this new world order. Sets a very ambitious precedent. I also have a feeling there's more going on in this ep than the preview indicates, and I'm anxious to see it :mozgus:

Ah yeah, one more thing. Reading through vol 34 last night, I realized the last time we saw Guts, he had wrappings on his arm. With this preview shot, he's removed them, I wonder if that's the moment he begins to feel something, and what we're seeing now.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Great suff!

Yes I agree with Aaz, it seems that the ship is going to be ghostly.(maybe if this is happens, shark raider could go after Roderik again..).

However I think that at this rate the pirates and their ship may have some kind of role.

About Guts healed, and being sure that something is going to happen to his artificial arm, I can't just wait to see. :zodd:
Furthermore like Aaz pointed out, one of the most important things (such as eye and arm) to understand is whether or not the spiritual wound from Slan could heal.

(But what is it under the pirate ship? A vortex? Moreover that does seem to overflow from the ship? the Ghosts?)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Hmm, I'm sure at some point we predicted a ghost ship encounter.

Kudos to one Wally B. :carcus:

Walter said:
Anyway, moving into the future, the "At Sea Arc." From Roderick's line "...our last look at land for a while", we very well may be spending several months with the Band on the ocean. What do you guys expect? While everyone and their mom has speculated on an origin/retelling for Guts and Azan to the Band, MY money is on a GHOST SHIP :isidro:

Walter said:
There's no confirmation as far as I can tell that these guys are actually following the Sea Horse though.

I derive it from what we can see of Schierke's lines.

Walter said:
If a pirate's evil deeds come back to haunt him, literally, I wonder what else will occur in this new world order. Sets a very ambitious precedent.

I don't think it's very different from phenomena we saw in the past, like I said in my previous post. Places where a lot of "evil deeds" happened will attract evil spirits (same for objects). The difference is before it took a branded person to make it happen, but not anymore.

Walter said:
Ah yeah, one more thing. Reading through vol 34 last night, I realized the last time we saw Guts, he had wrappings on his arm. With this preview shot, he's removed them, I wonder if that's the moment he begins to feel something, and what we're seeing now.

Reminds me of a post I made in the Episode 307 thread. :iva:

Aazealh said:
The sound effect in the preview is that of a metallic "clicking" sound. Make of that what you will. Also worth noting is that in episode 305 he had bandages covering the artificial arm, but in the preview they've been removed.

Marik said:
Yes I agree with Aaz, it seems that the ship is going to be ghostly.

It's definitely a ghost ship. No doubt about that.

Marik said:
(maybe if this is happens, shark raider could go after Roderik again..)

It's impled that the ghost ship will attack the Sea Horse.

Marik said:
However I think that at this rate the pirates and their ship may have some kind of role.

See above.

Marik said:
About Guts healed, and being sure that something is going to happen to his artificial arm, I can't just wait to see. :zodd:

We are not sure that something is going to happen to his articificial forearm, like it was said in the previous thread. He could simply be gearing up in order to fight the ghost ship.

Marik said:
Furthermore like Aaz pointed out, one of the most important things (such as eye and arm) to understand is whether or not the spiritual wound from Slan could heal.

I don't see the relation between your parenthesis and the rest of the sentence.

Marik said:
(But what is it under the pirate ship? A vortex? Moreover that does seem to overflow from the ship? the Ghosts?)

Looks like blood given the way it's splashing out, but it could also be evil spirits flowing out of the place.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I derive it from what we can see of Schierke's lines.
Ah, that's where my observations become useless -- translations! Thanks for the additional info.

I don't think it's very different from phenomena we saw in the past, like I said in my previous post. Places where a lot of "evil deeds" happened will attract evil spirits (same for objects). The difference is before it took a branded person to make it happen, but not anymore.
I suppose that's more of what I meant. It's quite a dynamic shift for these evil places to come alive in the presence of your everyday people, which makes me wonder what ELSE in the world has come alive. Term used loosely here, mostly referring to the example of the tree in vol 14, as you mentioned above.

Marik said:
Yes, it looks like blood too! :???:
Well, could be but it actually it looks more like the effect of a gathering of spirits to me. Resembles what Daiba looked like when Schierke looked closer at how he was floating (click). In this case though, it'd just be a bunch of ghosts floating in and around the ship. OR blood, could be. The quality is really too low at this point to make an accurate assessment. But really, blood ... spirits? Either way this thing is pretty evil looking, and awesome.

Ah one more thing. I really like the depiction of ghosts in the third page. Very cute :serpico:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
I don't see the relation between your parenthesis and the rest of the sentence.

I mean that we don't know if even his eye and arm would heal as for the spiritual wound. The relationship was about the importance.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
I mean that we don't know if even his eye and arm would heal as for the spiritual wound. The relationship was about the importance.

Regardless of whether or not his spiritual wounds will have been healed, his arm and eye haven't.

Aazealh said:
Looks like blood given the way it's splashing out, but it could also be evil spirits flowing out of the place.
Walter said:
Resembles what Daiba looked like when Schierke looked closer at how he was floating. In this case though, it'd just be a bunch of ghosts floating in and around the ship.

Could specters/ghosts possess the ship itself? So that they can control it? I mean instead of possessing the presumed dead pirates! To me it looks like eyes glowing somehow in that panel (another random.... and bad guess, probably :schierke:)

Walter said:
Ah one more thing. I really like the depiction of ghosts in the third page. Very cute :serpico:

Right I like it, too. Looks like Captain Pirate won't see it coming! :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Could specters/ghosts possess the ship itself? So that they can control it? I mean instead of possessing the presumed dead pirates!

Of course they can. That's precisely what seems to be happening here. Like I said earlier, think of what happened with the tree in volume 14, when Guts first met Jill.

asmer said:
To me it looks like eyes glowing somehow in that panel (another random.... and bad guess, probably :schierke:)

No, those are indeed eyes. The eyes of the ghost ship!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I keep picturing Guts cutting the entire pirate ship in half with one downward swing. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nice! Good call, Walter! Like Aaz, I'm amazed the pirates lasted this long. What a way to go, though... :magni:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
1254874000104.jpg

:puck:
Puck Reminds you to support Berserk! :miura:

Man o man I can't wait to see what kind of shape Guts is in and the effects of the merge on people. It'll seem a little iffy if Guts is the only one healed, because I'd assume if it heals him then why not others (eradication of herpes?). Although I guess he's a little more connected to the astral world. If he is fully healed then where are the repercussions for fighting like he did, or is this just a reset to lose the scars or a tale of future regenerative abilities.

It's nice we're being eased back into Guts and co. before Elfhelm. It's been awhile. (I've got a feeling things are going to get more unnatural and I kinda foresee Guts starting to look like Grunbeld seeing as how were not going to go down the path of a peely Guts and Casca entwined(woulda been realistic))

EDIT: O that was a nice surprise while typing!

Top Bottom