Episode 308

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Riastrathe, I think the word "healed" is being thrown around a lot here, when we really don't have any indication yet what the situation is.

I was thinking Guts gonna be All-black swordsman again, but still he has white hair.
And does anyone know when the next is episode coming out?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
I was thinking Guts gonna be All-black swordsman again, but still he has white hair.
Why would you think that?
And does anyone know when the next is episode coming out?
Read the thread. Aaz said there would not be a break, so it's coming out in 2 weeks.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Holy awesome. I love dead pirate roberts. If this ends up being his last appearance (heaven forfend!) I am so writing a fanfic where he finds the Berserk New World and there is mayhem with Berserk Aztecs. I am really not gonna be happy till there are Berserk Aztecs, even if I have to make them up! :puck:

Aaaugh so much is happening, I'd love to speculate but I fear I'm just coming up with more ways for the plot to lead to Berserk Aztecs. Femto scouts the world and reports back on all the bits he wants to go conquer! Oh shit look there's a competing epic evil empire in Berserk America, let's go check it out! And that Berserk China thing seems pretty cool too... But fuck Berserk Russia, it's just too damn cold. Femto conquers only the nice bits. And drains swamps to prevent Berserk Malaria!

Um, yes, I shall shut up now; sry. :rakshas:

Seriously though I am even more curious what's up with Rakshas now. Unless he Did Something Spooky up there it looks like his whole purpose was just to get to see events unfold. Hmmmm....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
Seriously though I am even more curious what's up with Rakshas now. Unless he Did Something Spooky up there it looks like his whole purpose was just to get to see events unfold. Hmmmm....
Why more curious NOW? I'm sure he wasn't there for absolutely no reason. It'll be revealed eventually. I think it's enough to know that he witnessed Femto emerging, the sudden appearance of SK (the use of the Beherit sword) and the end of Ganishka, you know, his former emperor.

I'm really digging Miura's ghost ship idea. The ghosts are one of my favorite aspects of the supernatural side of Berserk. It's good to see them causing a stir again.

I also had a sigh of relief over the fact that Miura didn't go the kraken route (yet). That idea was being thrown around so much. I was starting to fear it might actually happen. I have no doubt that Miura would not only make a unique version of the creature but it'd also be fantastic, but I'm just getting kind of tired of the idea when there are so many choices for aquatic threats out there. Honestly though, isn't this direction oh so much better? :guts:

Aazealh said:
After the worlds merged, it seems spectres flocked to the ship that presumably killed them (I'm just speculating here, don't take this as a word of law) and transformed it into a ghost ship

I really like this idea, Aaz. I wouldn't mind a bit if we find out that's what happened.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha nice, it's even more hilarious to see Isidro and Puck actually painting on Schierke's face while she's outside her body. :ganishka: And it looks like she's really friends with the seagulls too...

Miura comments on how "it's been a long time since he's drawn that guy" (referring to Guts).

Riastrathe said:
It'll seem a little iffy if Guts is the only one healed, because I'd assume if it heals him then why not others (eradication of herpes?).

What? Those were scars, that's all. Burn marks. And recent ones too. There was a precedent for it during their stay at Flora's place, so it's not that unexpected, and yes, it probably affected everyone.

Riastrathe said:
Although I guess he's a little more connected to the astral world.

More than a "little more". But that might not mean much anymore now.

Riastrathe said:
If he is fully healed then where are the repercussions for fighting like he did, or is this just a reset to lose the scars or a tale of future regenerative abilities.

What does "fully healed" refers to here? His burn scars were apparently healed, but that's all we know. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Riastrathe said:
I kinda foresee Guts starting to look like Grunbeld seeing as how were not going to go down the path of a peely Guts and Casca entwined(woulda been realistic))

Uh, what?

Konketsuji said:

It is quite unlikely that Guts' white patch will ever become black again.

Lithrael said:
I am so writing a fanfic where he finds the Berserk New World and there is mayhem with Berserk Aztecs.

Glad to hear that.

Lithrael said:

He is a crafty, patient bastard. Sooner or later, his purpose will be revealed. :rakshas:

Walter said:
Why would you think that?Read the thread. Aaz said there would not be a break, so it's coming out in 2 weeks.
I dunno, this wave healed him in some way, I thought his hair restored as well.

Lithrael said:
But fuck Berserk Russia, it's just too damn cold.
Yeah, dude, right. There is also bears playing balalaikas. :carcus:

Glad to see he hasn't "lost his touch" (in reference to drawing "That guy") :guts:

And I dunno if it's just for the preview, but I'm glad to see those gnarly burn scars on Guts have seemed to have vanished/lightened up.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Now, this is the kind of sea encounter I can get behind! Miura surprises me yet again. My mind immediately jumped to all sorts of sea monsters. But, here we are. Welcome back, pirates!

And as for Schierke painted up, I have no words to describe the hilarity.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Hahaha nice, it's even more hilarious to see Isidro and Puck actually painting on Schierke's face while she's outside her body. :ganishka: And it looks like she's really friends with the seagulls too...

Oh man, I didn't even realize that she was out of her body while they were drawing on her face. That's even better! I love this series. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway, in the preview we can see the pirates' second in command telling the captain that ever since the mysterious "wind" came, he's been seeing their dead comrades on the gunwales but also a giant, sinister shadow on the surface of the water.

What I'm wondering about though is how they got to attack Roderick's ship. In the first picture their lookout says there's no ship on the horizon (in front of them). But by the end of the episode, their ship, now possessed, is attacking the Sea Horse. It looks like it might have been boosted to cover the distance in a very short time or something like that (I don't want to believe it hopped on the ocean).

Konketsuji said:
I dunno, this wave healed him in some way, I thought his hair restored as well.

It apparently accelerated the healing process of his burn scars, that's all we know. If the color illustration is to be believed, he still has a white patch of hair and his arm didn't regrow. Don't expect something too extreme (nor affecting "old" wounds).

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Great one ! Thanks !

Sorry if it has been mentioned already, but do we know what is the name of the new Arc and Chapter ? I thought i read Millennium Falcon and Falconia were over... :???:

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get the impression that Guts is gonna start a cannon fight with the pirate ship, since he was incapacitated during the last one? I think he's crazy enough to try it. :ganishka: ( I realize in all likely hood he's just getting ready for all the ghosts and ghouls that are appearing, but I couldn't help but think he would try to fight a ship, lol)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Anyway, in the preview we can see the pirates' second in command telling the captain that ever since the mysterious "wind" came, he's been seeing their dead comrades on the gunwales but also a giant, sinister shadow on the surface of the water.

Haha, I guess we shouldn't count the "kraken" idea out just yet. I wonder if that's just around the soon-to-be ghost ship, or if other parts of the ocean are covered in those lost at sea.

Chaos said:
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get the impression that Guts is gonna start a cannon fight with the pirate ship, since he was incapacitated during the last one?

I seriously doubt it. While Guts' arm cannon might work well against enemies at close range, I don't think it would be too effective against such a large opponent so far away.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Haha, I guess we shouldn't count the "kraken" idea out just yet. I wonder if that's just around the soon-to-be ghost ship, or if other parts of the ocean are covered in those lost at sea.

Yeah, there are many possibilities. It was already a big, mysterious world before but now all bets are off.

Rhombaad said:
I seriously doubt it. While Guts' arm cannon might work well against enemies at close range, I don't think it would be too effective against such a large opponent so far away.

Haha come on, don't destroy that poor guy's dream. Maybe Guts will jump board to the ghost ship and shoot it in the face at point blank range! :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
Haha come on, don't destroy that poor guy's dream. Maybe Guts will jump board to the ghost ship and shoot it in the face at point blank range! :ganishka:

Laugh if you must, but I can still dream :puck:

Although, while I know you were breaking stones, that doesn't seem too far fetched of an idea, Guts hopping aboard the pirate ship. I don't see him "shooting it in the fact at point blank range", but I can certainly see him dealing with ghosts and possessed pirates. Then again, maybe he won't get the chance to jump ships if they beat him to it (pirates and ghosts jumping aboard the Sea Horse)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
Although, while I know you were breaking stones, that doesn't seem too far fetched of an idea, Guts hopping aboard the pirate ship.

Don't be mistaken, I was only half-joking. I always consider every possibility. :miura:

Do not lose hope. :slan:

Speaking of not losing hope, I'm looking at the colored page in the preview, and it looks to me like that right eye is open. Could just be the angle and how he drew it, but it certainly looks like I see and iris and the color where his eye is looks like a gray (which would make sense, since that side is in the shadows, for want of a better term), and a different color from the skin tone. Perhaps since his eye wasn't "lost" in the same sense as his arm was, the merger was able to restore/heal it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
Speaking of not losing hope, I'm looking at the colored page in the preview, and it looks to me like that right eye is open.

Nah, it's closed.

Chaos said:
Perhaps since his eye wasn't "lost" in the same sense as his arm was, the merger was able to restore/heal it?

I very much doubt that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
... it looks to me like that right eye is open. Could just be the angle and how he drew it, but it certainly looks like I see and iris and the color where his eye is looks like a gray (which would make sense, since that side is in the shadows, for want of a better term), and a different color from the skin tone. Perhaps since his eye wasn't "lost" in the same sense as his arm was, the merger was able to restore/heal it?
I'm afraid you're mistaken. The eye appears closed to me.

And I think many have the misconception that this wave would have fixed everyone's problems like that *snap*. As Aaz mentioned earlier, it doesn't work like that. Remember when the band was at Flora's place, a location in the astral world? It's mentioned there that during their stay, recent, minor wounds will heal faster as their physical body is attuned to their spiritual one. Well, the whole planet underwent a merging of the physical and the spiritual worlds. So of course some small wounds will heal. But the cut across Guts' nose, his right eye, his left arm, and the spiritual wounds given to him by Slan aren't going anywhere.

We're talking scars, cuts and bruises here, people. Not a growth rate like a lizard.

Walter said:
I'm afraid you're mistaken. The eye appears closed to me.

And I think many have the misconception that this wave would have fixed everyone's problems like that *snap*. As Aaz mentioned earlier, it doesn't work like that. Remember when the band was at Flora's place, a location in the astral world? It's mentioned there that during their stay, recent, minor wounds will heal as their physical body is attuned to their spiritual one. Well, the whole planet underwent a merging of the physical and the spiritual worlds. So of course some small wounds will heal. But the cut across Guts' nose, his right eye, his left arm, and the spiritual wounds given to him by Slan aren't going anywhere.

We're talking scars, cuts and bruises here, people. Not a growth rate like a lizard.

I was just thinking that the magnitude of this merger was far greater than when they were at Flora's, so something like restoring his damaged eye didn't seem so outrageous (while there is nothing to say that this is the case, I would imagine it would be.) And I only came to this conclusion when I zoomed in on the image, so perhaps I'm just looking for something that isn't there. *Shrugs*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
I was just thinking that the magnitude of this merger was far greater than when they were at Flora's, so something like restoring his damaged eye didn't seem too far fetched.

Of course since the worlds actually merged the effect was more pronounced. By which I mean that it seems to have been instantaneous. However the extent of what can be healed as the spiritual impacts the physical has not changed. Guts' eye has been gone for years now, and it's not like it's still intact under his eyelid or anything. But beyond that, his spiritual body isn't that of a man with two valid eyes. Do you understand what I'm saying? We're not talking about a miraculous potion here.

Dani

Smile!
Wow, wasn't expecting a ghost ship attack. Actually quite a pleasant surprise. I'm hoping we'll get a few more details of the whole Gut's "healing" thing when the final scans are out.

The side on ship profile looks beautiful.

Top Bottom