Episode 308

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Call me shortsighted but I think we have at least 2 more arc's left in the story.

In my mind, the story has just started, how can you even begin to think of the end at this point.

Like I said, it all depends on the arc's length. What if Fantasia goes on for 15+ volumes? Of course it could also be short, which is why the hypothetical number of arcs left is not very significant in regard to the number of volumes left.

Deci said:
Call me shortsighted but I think we have at least 2 more arc's left in the story.

In my mind, the story has just started, how can you even begin to think of the end at this point.

i hope its more than 2 arcs :)

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Well, in my opinion, there's a whole lot left to be covered:

ELF ISLAND:
-Possible trials while on Skelling while trying to gain favor with King Hanafubuku
-Casca's healing
-Possible enhancements for Guts
-Possibility of Schierke learning new advanced magic
-Farnese learning more magic from Schierke
-Guts and Casca "meeting each other again" and coming to terms with the current situation at hand
-Isidro learning more from Azan
-Possibility of Skull Knight returning to give Guts some new news.
-Contemplation of Revenge VS Casca's well-being (what he wants won't necessarily be what she wants)
-Further encounters with astral creatures

GENERAL.
-Guts' and Casca's child being part of Femto's fleshly form.
-Griffith's further conquests now that he is pretty much king.
-The Age of Darkness
-Skull Knight VS The God Hand
-The God Hand's role in this new world.
-Roderick's further courtship of Farnese
-Guts' inner battle with the beast of darkness
-The incredibly tough apostles of the Neo Band of the Falcon (Rakshas, Irvine, Zodd, Locus, Grunbeld)...
-Guts possibly coming to terms with just WHY he must fight (possibly to save the world)
-Guts' fight with Femto

...and much more.

There's a whole hell of a lot more story to be told, in my opinion.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea there is a LOT more story but we're talking about arcs, which are the climatic moments that separate different sections of the story. Keep in mind that even if this is the final arc, it could go on for something like 7 or 8 years, like the previous arc. Either way, it may not be the final Arc of the story but it will deff signal that end draws near given how much we have left of the series and how much material can be covered in an Arc. Its not a bad thing, its just food for thought. I'm not trying to be a downer by talking about "final arcs", if anything it will make the part of the story we are at now all the more epic.

In the end, who really knows? Its anyones guess, just food for thought.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
we're talking about arcs, which are the climatic moments that separate different sections of the story.

No, what we call an "arc" literally is a section of the story. It's not just about climactic moments.

Oburi said:
Either way, it may not be the final Arc of the story but it will deff signal that end draws near given how much we have left of the series and how much material can be covered in an Arc.

I don't think we should be too confident about what's left of the series. Saying "the end draws near" is as extreme as saying "the story is just beginning". Simply said, we're the middle of the series. Closer to the end than to the beginning according to the author's current estimation (which he warned should not be taken as a word of law even as he delivered it), but still pretty much in the middle.

Top Bottom