Playstation 3 Demon's Souls

I kinda wish I got the deluxe one after playing it for a while. But this game makes me want to do things for my self =D. So damn hard tho I wish i could find better armor.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Breed1Ghost said:
I kinda wish I got the deluxe one after playing it for a while. But this game makes me want to do things for my self =D. So damn hard tho I wish i could find better armor.

Me too, I've been wearing the same armor for ages. What weapons are you rocking? I've been going with a +3 Scimitar because its so quick. I've been leveling up on the Blade Skeletons in 4-1, they're a bitch but you could kill them easily and make a dash for the archstone if you're about to die.

I'm rocking the same blade at +6. Just found a dragon long sword +1 now I dont need turpintine to make my blade all fiery tho it does look cool. If I need to lvl I take the safe bet and just kill almost everything on archstone 1 area 1. I get alot of healing items this way.

I am also having the same trouble I cant find armor at all I guess you could say I got lucky and found a set but it was worse then what I started out in. And the guy who sells plate that is not any better either. Its like the only new armor I get is when I upgrade since I am a Knight almost everything I do makes my physical def go up. Have not played any other class so I dont know if its the same for other classes.

I want this Guys Armor not sure how to get it. Soposedly in 1-1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXnBQeppiM

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Pretty cool, my character right now looks like a cute wandering homeless girl...with a huge Katana.
I ditched the Scimitar for the Uchigana and I'm enjoying its longer attack range. I just beat the armored spider and it was a let down compared to the tower knight.

Hey guys. I have a question. I've never played an RPG but really wanna give this game a try. Think it's a mistake to introduce myself to the genre by trying to tackle this game? While it's getting some pretty good reviews, every review remarks on it's difficulty. (Which is good. No one wants a game that's too easy.)

handsome rakshas said:
Pretty cool, my character right now looks like a cute wandering homeless girl...with a huge Katana.
I ditched the Scimitar for the Uchigana and I'm enjoying its longer attack range. I just beat the armored spider and it was a let down compared to the tower knight.

Agreed I almost killed it with soul arrow but im gonna assume all first lvl bossoes are gonna be push overs and they progressivly get harder. I did some research and found out that a door opens in 1-1 thats right by the first archstone if the world tendincy is all black and thats how you can get the armor. I dont know how to make it black.

Proj2501 said:
Hey guys. I have a question. I've never played an RPG but really wanna give this game a try. Think it's a mistake to introduce myself to the genre by trying to tackle this game? While it's getting some pretty good reviews, every review remarks on it's difficulty. (Which is good. No one wants a game that's too easy.)

Its not your typical rpg is an action rpg in which anyone can play. Its 3rd person hack and slash there is no money but for everythig you kill you get souls and that acts like money and everything you do to upgrade your weapons or your self is used with souls but weapons also need stones that you find to upgrade them too. If you dont mind dying alot and dont mind endless hours of trial and error then the game is for you. Its all about learning from your mistakes.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Proj2501 said:

It's far from a classic rpg Proj, it's more of a beat em up game with many rpg elements. The item collecting and gameplay remind me a lot of Monster Hunter. This game would end saiya's social life. Give it a try Proj it's a lot of fun and very frustrating.

Someone invaded my world and I kicked his/her ass woohoo! The other time I was invaded they ended up killing them self. 2-2 boss is pretty hard hope I can beat it.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I'm renting this one to get a decent glimpse of the game. It's either this or Uncharted 2 the one that I'm buying.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Nomad said:
I'm renting this one to get a decent glimpse of the game. It's either this or Uncharted 2 the one that I'm buying.

The multiplayer on Uncharted 2 is fun as hell.

I bought Demon Souls at a bad time. I've been too busy to sink time into this MASSIVE game.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
handsome rakshas said:
The multiplayer on Uncharted 2 is fun as hell.

I bought Demon Souls at a bad time. I've been too busy to sink time into this MASSIVE game.
That's where I get my money's worth to be honest. I myself have barely any time, but if I am to spend mula on this... I rather have many hours of gameplay. My concern is if this game would keep my interest. But yeah Uncharted 2 Beta is a lot of fun. If only I could mute everyone with a mic... It would be perfect.

Just got Demon's Souls yesterday. I def feel like I'm in unfamiliar territory as this is my first romp with an RPG. (Yea, I know) I'm kinda determined though to pop my own RPG-cherry with this game.
Any helpful advice or tips would be very much appreciated fellas.

Proj2501 said:
Just got Demon's Souls yesterday. I def feel like I'm in unfamiliar territory as this is my first romp with an RPG. (Yea, I know) I'm kinda determined though to pop my own RPG-cherry with this game.
Any helpful advice or tips would be very much appreciated fellas.

What class do you plan on doing? I am a knight they start out with pretty awesome armor from the start I am now lvl 51 or 52. I would sugjest getting soul arrow right away or at least when you get to world 2. I would also farm world 1-1 for souls and healing items untill your used to the combat system I did this for a while so I wouldnt have problems in 1-2 since I was getting owned. Camping bosses with your summonging stone out is a good way to get your body back and get some souls remeber with each death you learn something new so do not get mad when you have to start an area over again. If you need more help let me know

Breed1Ghost said:
What class do you plan on doing?
I've also started out as a knight. I've only played for about 2 hours so far. Going to sink my teeth into it tonight after Dexter. I'll keep you posted man. Cheers!

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
And so Blockbuster does not carry this game... None of them in the IL state. Neither does Hollywood video... Been looking like a maniac for any rental places around here (do not want to pay a monthly fee for online renting). But hey! at least they were kind enough to remind me of the arrival for Brutal Legend :schierke:. Oh well. Fat Princess here I go again.

Yo Breed1Ghost. I just beat the Phalanx Demon. I'm now on the really long bridge where the dragons like to fly around. Know what I'm talking about. I was lucky. I died twice and was able to regain my souls. The last time, not so lucky. Thankfully I only lost 800 some odd souls. How exactly does the multiplayer work? Like if I wanted to play with you specifically, is it possible?

Nomad said:
That's where I get my money's worth to be honest. I myself have barely any time, but if I am to spend mula on this... I rather have many hours of gameplay. My concern is if this game would keep my interest. But yeah Uncharted 2 Beta is a lot of fun. If only I could mute everyone with a mic... It would be perfect.

um...you CAN mute everyone
when the map and gametype has been selected, it gives you about 15 seconds to select your boosters, in this time, you can scrolll between the p[layers, then press X and it will give you an option to mute only the one you have selected, or mute all the players

so i guess its perfect :p

Proj2501 said:
Yo Breed1Ghost. I just beat the Phalanx Demon. I'm now on the really long bridge where the dragons like to fly around. Know what I'm talking about. I was lucky. I died twice and was able to regain my souls. The last time, not so lucky. Thankfully I only lost 800 some odd souls. How exactly does the multiplayer work? Like if I wanted to play with you specifically, is it possible?

No you cant I am sorry. This is the only downfall to this game. There are tricks to avoiding the dragon. First part of bridge move up the the burnt corpses on the right but dont go to far wait for dragon to come and run behind it untill you get to an over pass. There is a door to the right go up first then all the way down to a tunnle ( when you go down the stairs make a right ) ittle be dark fight your way to the end you will find a merchent but wait the way is blocked. There is breakable stuff blocking the way up. Its like the first over pass kill the demons on the top watch the dragon fry some demons get free souls kill the archers. Then move up to the third part I wont tell you how to do this i will leave that to you!.

Well, despite thinking this game would rape the shit out of me, I'm quite pleased with my progress. Slow but steady. When you die you wanna stand up on your bed/couch and shout foul things. This game really makes you cautious. You def. observe the enemy and contemplate your next move more then you would in other games, IMO.

I can see this game pleasantly frustrating me. :daiba:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
thesyndrome said:
um...you CAN mute everyone
when the map and gametype has been selected, it gives you about 15 seconds to select your boosters, in this time, you can scrolll between the p[layers, then press X and it will give you an option to mute only the one you have selected, or mute all the players

so i guess its perfect :p
Ha ha ha, yeah I figured it out a day after I posted that, good times. Anywho, I decided to go ahead and buy the game on pure faith, and well... all sold out.

Soul Farming for anyone who may be suffering from Soul Recession.

The bridges where the dragons spew fire seems like a good spot to rack up your soul count. Start out avoiding the dragon on the first bridge. Make it to the second bridge and let him fry the enemies up ahead; rack up the souls. Now, go back to the first bridge and take a bath in the dragon's fire. Spawn back at checkpoint. Now go and retrieve your souls. Only thing is....DON'T DIE.

I was able to accumulate 1000+ souls in around 6 minutes. :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
When you guys get tough enough level up in world 4. If you make it to 4-2 and can do decent damage with a bow theres a grim reaper you can kill from a sniping spot and it takes 15 seconds to run back to the archstone. The grim Reaper gives you over 5000 each kill. I initially leveled up on the skeletons in 4-1.

Top Bottom