Playstation 3 Demon's Souls

Yeah I did some farming in 4-1 too I keep getting invaded its cool and all but very annoying. In the time it takes to kill the invader I could have made 2 trips. 3-2 is decent farming not only do you get 400+ souls from the gargoyle like things but you also get a soldier soul to for another 200 souls and you can just keep doing it.

Hey checking in with everyone. Whats your lvl and what area are you in? I am lvl 70 and in 4-3 now. Love the +5 Dragon long sword and winged spear combo I am using!.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well I went out on a leap of faith and bought the game. On my 4th hour now, so far so good. Passed the 1st dragon on the bridge and only died twice. The graphics are great, and so far it plays pretty smooth. The one thing I would really like is more teamwork with other online players, granted there's somewhat of an option... but limited to my prefference. Then again, I'm only at the 1st part of the game, so we'll see. Other than that, I can see myself devoting many hours in this game.

Nomad said:
Well I went out on a leap of faith and bought the game. On my 4th hour now, so far so good. Passed the 1st dragon on the bridge and only died twice. The graphics are great, and so far it plays pretty smooth. The one thing I would really like is more teamwork with other online players, granted there's somewhat of an option... but limited to my prefference. Then again, I'm only at the 1st part of the game, so we'll see. Other than that, I can see myself devoting many hours in this game.

I agree, I think I would adore this game if it were possible to play with people I actually knew. If I'm lucky the person I'm playing with is good. Sometimes that's not the case. I've loaned the game to someone for the time being. Not the best of signs for me and this game. I'm going to take a break from it for awhile and see how it is when I return to it. :/

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
I agree, I think I would adore this game if it were possible to play with people I actually knew. If I'm lucky the person I'm playing with is good. Sometimes that's not the case. I've loaned the game to someone for the time being. Not the best of signs for me and this game. I'm going to take a break from it for awhile and see how it is when I return to it. :/

Heh well feel free to hit me up dude. Again my username is NomadIV send me a message when online, and we'll figure out if we can hit come levels together... I haven't really gone outside 2-1 yet. Just farming my nuts off really.

Nomad said:
Heh well feel free to hit me up dude. Again my username is NomadIV send me a message when online, and we'll figure out if we can hit come levels together... I haven't really gone outside 2-1 yet. Just farming my nuts off really.

I'm 99.9% sure you can't join a game with a friend. It's random with who you are able to play with. Otherwise I'd def take you up on the offer buddy. :judo:

You can set up a meeting place and play together I did that with a friend I made while helping him out. He gave me the dragonsmasher sword thingy and I gave him some hat. As long as your in the same area you can meet up with each other I believe

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I went ahead and gave it a try with a friend of mine who just bought the game a couple of days ago. It is possible if there's communication on specific locations. However this doesn't work all the time, for the servers are random. We were able to play 5 out of 8 soooo... Anywho, my strategy consists on soul mode non-stop helping peeps and getting souls left and right without having to loose any if dead by noobness or honest mistakes. So far so good went from level 30 to 50 in 5 hours total. This game is addicting though.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I believe you have to be within 10 soul levels of someone before you can join their game as a Blue Phantom. Invading as a Black Phantom has different parameters.

I'm not going to go through New Game +, + at the moment but my Thief is pretty slick. If a Black Phantom invades I make them pay (if they see me first) by using a Scraping Spear and Purple Flame Shield +10 [So very nice]. If I'm invading I'll usually have a Sword of Searching and Purple Flame Shield +10 until I get up close because most people want to just shield clang it out... so I pull out a Baby's Nail +5 (for the ultra Plague effect) and pull Blind out in my offhand. Blind can't be blocked [by passes weapons and shields] and stuns, so I sort of stun lock them long enough that Plague kicks in. Which is an easy 3500 damage DOT and most people don't keep Plague cures A) on their hotlist, or B) in their inventory weight limitation. Then I just try to outmaneuver to backstab with a my Critical Secret Dagger +5. It's tough, but it's all worth it in the end for mind game fun!

turkitage

ターク
Just curious if out of the people that posted here or anyone else.. if you guys are at new game+ yet?

I usually am not a achievement/trophy buff. I don't think I've ever got 100% on a game.. cause I just didn't care - just wanted to beat the game and that's it.

But Demon's Souls is probably one of my favorite games. I recently got it about a month ago and i'm in new game+ with about 115 SL. I'm trying to get all the pure white and pure black World/Character tendency. On my first run through i got a few of them. but i'm trying to get them all now and then all the weapons upgrades.

Just curious how other people are doing with this if anyone else is doing the new game+, new game++ and so forth.

turkitage

ターク
oh wow, nice. What weapons do you use?

I use blueblood and meat cleaver.. maybe i should upgrade a weapon with the stones?

I'm bad with killing those lizards/geckos so i don't have that many stones. Just got my purple flame shield to + 5

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Heh, I still haven't finished my 1st game yet. Haven't really had much time to dedicate to it. Plus, I still WANT to get the heavy armor set (forgot the name). But I remembered it being a pain in the ass to get :judo:. I still want to team up with someone and see how far we could help each other out as far as possible. Anyways, this is still one of those games that I'd suggest people to get. One of a kind

I won't lie. I gave up on this game and traded it in. Felt like a total puss while I was doing so. Put it toward Dragon Age (PS3) though.

Traded that heap in too. :farnese:

Mass Effect 2 healed my RPG wounds though. I really salute those who can trudge through Demon's Souls. It's a rough ride man. :judo:

turkitage

ターク
the first play through for whatever reason was not bad at all. I barely died. I wasn't sure what people were talking about that this was a hard game etc. *probably because I leveled up a bunch*

Then now on new game+ I am dying left and right!!! Even the easy mobs will sometimes beat me up! Probably because when I first played I was very cautious and took my time on each fight. So if your cautious and wait for the enemy to attack you first and you study their habits and counter attack you'll do just fine. Just don't rush in thinking your a hero like I was trying to do in new game+.

Btw does anyone have the Deluxe Edition they would like to sell it? *The extra content -Guide and/or - Slipcover, not the game itself*

G

GASKA

I got the special edition. I named and made my guy look just like Guts. I wish you guys could see him... :guts:

G

GASKA

yeah I got the Dragon Boner sword, but don't you think that moonlight sword looks more like Guts' sword?

Finished this last night, really enjoyed it.

Had to get imported version as I live in England (couldn't keep hanging on for a PAL release!) and highly recommend it.

G

GASKA

I beat it once. I maxed strength but before I start my second playthrough I need some advice on weather to level up DEX or VIT next. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom