Changes to the artwork from the prepublication to the volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Well, my nerdly obsession would like to see the original page with Japanese text. That is, if this is all right with the admins (and if it's an easy find).
As Aaz said, it wouldn't be easy to find. We're talking about a magazine that's been out of print for more than 13 years. But if you're wondering about the translation, Olivier Hague gave his take on it, and he's among a very select few whose translations I'd rely on without doubts:

Olivier Hague said:
Yep, or, more exactly, "I'll never be able to forgive you again."

Aazealh said:
And just to be on topic, Miura changed the time spent from "7 days" to "almost a month" in episode 236. He also changed the name of the character Raban and Silat meet in episode 294, from "Jaris" to "Jarif". And he changed Mule's family name in episode 195. And redrew Guts' face in episode 249 after he punches a drunkard. Et cetera.
Wow. I wish I could compile all the pages, the thing is I'm missing like all of the Japanese volumes. :farnese: Could you post the pic from Episode 249?

And, come on guys! It wasn't Zodd, what makes you so sure? Just kidding. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
Wow. I wish I could compile all the pages, the thing is I'm missing like all of the Japanese volumes. :farnese:

Buy them. :puck: But anyway, even with all the volumes, you will still miss the originals from YA.

Konketsuji said:
Could you post the pic from Episode 249?

Guts249-Comparison.jpg

Notice the bandages on the arm as well.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:

Good catch. It's always impressive to see how much Miura pays attention to every single line in order to adjust, according his taste a character emotion or facial expression. Same here for Guts.

Aazealh said:
Buy them. :puck: But anyway, even with all the volumes, you will still miss the originals from YA.
I wish it was that simple, but I have trip to japan planned somewhere in the future, so it's a possibility. Bu still, it will be hard to decide between volumes and merchandise. :carcus: And would gladly buy YA as well.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I see the difference. Miura is really awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom