Venture Brothers

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Hey everyone. Do any of you guys like to watch the Venture Brothers?

I tried watching the new episode last night but something weird happen where they showed half of it and then... reshowed the entire first half of it again. Must have been a network error.

Well hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Who is your favorite character and why?

For me it's between Doctor Orpheius or Brock. Doctor Orpheus because the whole Doctor Strange thing and Brock because he reminds me of Solid Snake.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I like the show a lot, but my interest waned after the second season and I haven't kept up. I like all the characters but I'd have to agree that Brock and Dr. Orpheus are especially good.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I really liked this show, but unfortunately I stopped watching tv in general only a few episodes into the second season. Brock is easily my favorite character, but like you guys I also love Dr. O.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
SlimJ87D said:
I tried watching the new episode last night but something weird happen where they showed half of it and then... reshowed the entire first half of it again. Must have been a network error.

That wasn't a network error. This episode was intended to be sporadic, but all of the events are cohesive. It was just told in a nonlinear fashion.

Personally, I love Venture Brothers. Season 1 was great, season 2 was amazing and season 3 could have been better. There was such a huge gap between seasons 2 and 3 that I had almost missed the premeire of the latter. Season 4 will be 16 episodes, but only 8 will be shown in the fall and the remainder will be shown next summer sometime. I wish they would just do it like a regular season, but that seems to be the thing with shows on Adult Swim.

My personal favorite character is 21. He's the definitive nerd and I love him for it.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Dude, first episode of season 5 was pure gold! It's shame you'd be completely lost if you didn't see season 4 finale. Aaz the quality of the show really improves by the third season.

This show was really great for the first two seasons.

I stopped watching tv a while after the second season ended, maybe when the wrap the whole thing up, I check it out on DVD.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Aaz the quality of the show really improves by the third season.

I wanted to give it a serious shot anyway, but haven't really found the time. I will eventually.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Okin said:
Dude, first episode of season 5 was pure gold! It's shame you'd be completely lost if you didn't see season 4 finale. Aaz the quality of the show really improves by the third season.

What's currently being shown is season 4.

Season 5 hasn't even been announced yet.

X

Xem

I've always loved Venture Brothers but sometimes had a hard time following what there is of a cohesive story. I often found myself confused on what was going on, mostly do to only being able to randomly catch it here and there.

Just this week me and my girlfriend started Netflixing the seasons starting with Season One. We weren't going to continue pass there because we've both seen a good amount of the episodes and we didn't want to waste our time sifting through what we had and hadn't seen. Surprisingly though, getting to see a whole season in the correct order back-to-back was almost like watching a totally different show. Everything made sense and we even enjoy the episodes we'd already seen numerous times in a completely new light. We'll be getting the rest of the episodes now as well as DVR'ing the new season.

Honestly, I think this is one of those shows you need to follow in the correct order. Sure it's hilarious even if you don't, but it's so much better if you do.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers Brock makes a return to the compound and Dr. Venture clones 21! :ubik:

Favorite Character - Brock, hands down!

I love the show! I recently watched it because my pal insisted I do, and lent me the 2 Dvds for it. He also gave me the first Sandman book, which was alright, so I'll prolly read the rest of that, wait, randomness alert in this post *smacks forehead*

P

Pez

I am really enjoying this show. It is the first complete set of dvd's I have bought (other than anime, sadly). I was just reading the "what are you watching" thread and thought that it would be nice to have a Venture Bros. thread. Then I scrolled down a bit....

Anyways, I really like the season two finale, love the fact that Hank and Dean are growing up in this newer season, and am impressed that Hank was as good as he was while Hunter was messing with him about joining SPHINX.

To conclude, my favorite character is The Monarch, only surpassed by The Monarch+Dr. Girlfriend. They are a perfect match.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Not sure if any of you caught the season four finale. It was amazing. Possibly one of the best episodes of the series (and that's saying a LOT). The ending was executed so well. I smell a time skip coming up for season five. I just hope they announce it soon.

here are the last four minutes of the finale. EPIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4yrqGGLPo

I absolutely LOVE this show! The funniest and most creative cartoon/series ever! Every year at Dragon*Con I have to make it to the Venture Brothers panel. The writers are hilarious in real life as well.

Top Bottom