Episode 309

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Re: Episode 309

Now that Skully's strike on Femto has failed and he witnessed what he's capable of (along with witnessing the birth of the new world), when do you think Skull Knight will speak with Guts again?

What do you think will be discussed? He no doubt has some great insight on Femto's abilities.

I predict that he will appear in Elfhelm, possibly after Casca regains herself.

It would also be interesting to see how Guts would react to hearing Skully attempted to kill Femto (if it's even brought up)... I'm sure Guts would be more interested to hear Griffith changed the nature of the world and is about to have his dream realized.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Re: Episode 309

Gobolatula said:
Now that Skully's strike on Femto has failed and he witnessed what he's capable of (along with witnessing the birth of the new world), when do you think Skull Knight will speak with Guts again?

Like most everyone else, sometime in Elfhelm. It would be funny though if he just showed up on the ship one night. :SK:

Gobolatula said:
What do you think will be discussed? He no doubt has some great insight on Femto's abilities.
It wasn't so great last time. :griffnotevil:
BTW, after the fissure, we last see Skully sitting there while Femto and Zodd make their exit. Perhaps he perished? :troll:

Gobolatula said:
I predict that he will appear in Elfhelm, possibly after Casca regains herself.

Or possibly before, assuming it even happens as we expect.

Gobolatula said:
It would also be interesting to see how Guts would react to hearing Skully attempted to kill Femto (if it's even brought up)... I'm sure Guts would be more interested to hear Griffith changed the nature of the world and is about to have his dream realized.
On the contrary, I think Guts would be most interested in hearing anything having to do with killing Femto. :guts:

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Aazealh said:
Obviously when a date is announced I'll post about it.

Not unlikely, it's sure we won't.

At first, I found this to be rather disheartening. Then I remembered it's December 11th and 2010 is right around the corner...why does that seem so strange to me. :???: Anyway, the man deserves his breaks. I'm sure when it starts up again we're in for some seriously great action from Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Anyway, the man deserves his breaks.

I'm afraid you're making a mistake here. Because there is a break in the prepublication does not mean Miura is on vacation. He's no doubt working his ass off on something the result of which we will only see later on.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I remember from an interview or question he was asked possibly by one of you guys about how long he works, and he said something about working for almost 10 hours a day! Unless if he has another job.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
I remember from an interview or question he was asked possibly by one of you guys about how long he works, and he said something about working for almost 10 hours a day!

16 hours a day, actually.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Lecks said:
Wow, that makes me wonder just how far ahead he's planned.

When the manga first started, I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't been 100% sure about every detail. But at this point (70% done or so?), I would bet good money that he's planned out everything that remains. Those 16 hours are no doubt spent making sure every page is as awesome as possible.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura plans the overarching plot points and general storyline in advance, and maybe in that regard he's already got an idea of how it'll all end. However it's clear not everything is planned ahead when it comes to details, and that isn't just shown in the comment Walter quoted, but also in the fact Miura himself wouldn't bet on how much of the story remains to be written (well, that and he's commented on it in the past :iva:). You should know that the breaks in the prepublication used to be principally to plan the plot development (and it might still be the case for all we know).

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Aazealh said:
Miura plans the overarching plot points and general storyline in advance, and maybe in that regard he's already got an idea of how it'll all end. However it's clear not everything is planned ahead when it comes to details, and that isn't just shown in the comment Walter quoted, but also in the fact Miura himself wouldn't bet on how much of the story remains to be written (well, that and he's commented on it in the past :iva:). You should know that the breaks in the prepublication used to be principally to plan the plot development (and it might still be the case for all we know).

Didn't someone ask him once if he was going to end it in a depressing way and he laughed and said he would like to finally give Guts and company their happy ending?

SlimJ87D said:
Didn't someone ask him once if he was going to end it in a depressing way and he laughed and said he would like to finally give Guts and company their happy ending?

He just said that the ending wouldn't be pessimistic. But that was mentioned over 7 years ago? Or at least thats how long the search function goes back!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Riastrathe said:
He just said that the ending wouldn't be pessimistic. But that was mentioned over 7 years ago? Or at least thats how long the search function goes back!

More like 15 years ago, actually.

Top Bottom