Windows 7... Any you? Oh yeah if you're in school get it for $30.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Well I just recently updated to windows 7. I'll tell you it's already a lot better and faster than when i was using.... Vista....

But if you go to the Ultimate Steal website you can get Windows 7 Pro for just $30 dollars. I thought this was a great deal compared to $200, but I still feel like i'm being robbed because how poor vista was.

Anyways, just wanted to share with you guys before you guys go out and buy it you can get it for much cheaper.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Be aware that there are certain limits on each version of Windows 7 for RAM. I believe the starter and home edition can only use I believe 8 GB's? :ganishka:

I know that sounds funny but with the i7, i5, and i3 processors from intell, they run on DD3 Tri-channel, so its very easy to go past the 8GB mark.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Be aware that there are certain limits on each version of Windows 7 for RAM. I believe the starter and home edition can only use I believe 8 GB's? :ganishka:

I know that sounds funny but with the i7, i5, and i3 processors from intell, they run on DD3 Tri-channel, so its very easy to go past the 8GB mark.

I don't think the version of windows affects your RAM. It is the operating system you choose. 32 Bit limits you while 64 bit lets you use up to 196GB of RAM! I don't even know if I'll still be alive when you need that much RAM.

SaiyajinNoOuji

SlimJ87D said:
I don't think the version of windows affects your RAM. It is the operating system you choose. 32 Bit limits you while 64 bit lets you use up to 196GB of RAM! I don't even know if I'll still be alive when you need that much RAM.
hahha, no no you are right but there are limits ont he 64bit version. let me get a link to it.

BAM YO. Check this out.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4254

turkitage

ターク
oh, interesting. I didn't even know they limited the RAM like that in the other versions.

I understand the need for so many different versions, windows has a wide range of customers and having all these different packages is good for people (like professional for business PCs, since they don't need media center etc..) but some things like remote desktop and RAM limit should just be for all!

I guess they have their reasons, maybe saves space for the configuration..etc for the starter.

But with all that being said, i'm a huge windows fan and I LOVE windows 7. Finally, I think people will switch from XP to 7 much easier then with Vista.

7 is pretty much XP with the visuals of Vista. It is pretty snappy and fast. RAM is cheap, just grab 4GB and you're set!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I agree, even I didnt know about the different ram limits on the 64 bit versions. Its good to know that I could run 196GB's ram! :troll:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
The only time i remember needing a lot of ram is when those nasty loop holes in explorer would make you open the same exact window like forever and ever and ever and there was no way of stopping them because they were just invented... :magni:

SaiyajinNoOuji

SlimJ87D said:
The only time i remember needing a lot of ram is when those nasty loop holes in explorer would make you open the same exact window like forever and ever and ever and there was no way of stopping them because they were just invented... :magni:
haha, I remember those.. then you just go into tastkmanager and kill explorer.exe and restart it. :ganishka:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
haha, I remember those.. then you just go into tastkmanager and kill explorer.exe and restart it. :ganishka:

Yeah, but I would immediately get the blue screen of death before I had a chance to even put a finger on the keyboard lol.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SaiyajinNoOuji said:

I still get those with AIM and have to do the same trick with aim.exe to fix it. :guts:

Anyway, next computer I get (new cheap laptop I reckon) will probably have Windows 7 on it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Just to let you all know how good windows 7 is, I loaded it up on an old pentium 3 laptop I have which has 512 SDRAM. Install took about an hour and a half and wasnt as bad as you would expect. Good stuff!

SlimJ87D

Apollo
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Just to let you all know how good windows 7 is, I loaded it up on an old pentium 3 laptop I have which has 512 SDRAM. Install took about an hour and a half and wasnt as bad as you would expect. Good stuff!

O_O really? lol, because my friends are scared of installing it with a pentium M processor. Well anyways, so far I'm %100 satisfied with Windows 7, it's been a great update. The speed increase alone was worth it.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I'm using 64 bit windows 7 and I think it's fantastic. : D I can't compare to Vista though, because I avoided that bomb altogether. I <3 XP.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Aphasia said:
I'm using 64 bit windows 7 and I think it's fantastic. : D I can't compare to Vista though, because I avoided that bomb altogether. I <3 XP.

Yeah, what you will notice is that you will be able to install 32-bit programs a lot better than Vista. It's a good thing you went to 64-bit also because 64-bit is being pushed right now for developers to use. I would recommend 64-bit for everyone if your computer supports it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/23/save-80-on-your-windows-7-purchase-the-upgrade-does-full-inst/ :carcus:
What if Big Brother Microsoft finds out about that and invalidates those people's licenses?

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
What if Big Brother Microsoft finds out about that and invalidates those people's licenses?
I shall not be held accountable for actions that may do things to your machine. :ganishka:

Anyone have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 that they would trade for some PS2 games? :carcus:

My college gave me Windows 7 64 bits for free this week. :carcus:

It's pretty good, it fixed a lot of driver issues I had with my onboard sound card. It also gave me better performance in a lot of games.

The only issue I had so far was with my printer driver and I've already fixed it with Google's help. I expected a lot more compatibility issues since it's a new OS, and I've had none so far, so I recommend it.

Top Bottom