Dragon Age: Origins

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that Aaz has the skill to take so many awesome screenshots WHILE playing this game is really amazing to me. I'm struggling to survive out here! :sad:

Btw, Orzammar (dwarven capitol) went from being my least favorite quest chain to my favorite, once it's all over. I also got the reaver class tonight. Man... what a chore that was!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Well, went ahead and bought the game on Steam thanks to Aaz's screenshots. :slan:

A-ha! I should get something from Bioware in return for my commercial services! Like... an early version of Mass Effect 2! :griffnotevil:

Walter said:
The fact that Aaz has the skill to take so many awesome screenshots WHILE playing this game is really amazing to me. I'm struggling to survive out here! :sad:

Hehehe, no foe can withstand my might! :ganishka:

Walter said:
Btw, Orzammar (dwarven capitol) went from being my least favorite quest chain to my favorite, once it's all over. I also got the reaver class tonight. Man... what a chore that was!

Ohhh, I see you haven't been wasting time! Now you can revel in the power of blood. :beast:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Now you can revel in the power of blood. :beast:

I hope you're happy. You just convinced me to buy this game during the school semester. I was going to wait till after, but no I'm doing it. I'm buying it now and I'm going to have to play it real late at night after I finish my homework. :azan:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I hope you're happy. You just convinced me to buy this game during the school semester. I was going to wait till after, but no I'm doing it. I'm buying it now and I'm going to have to play it real late at night after I finish my homework. :azan:
Maybe we should start a support group. :sad:

looks like a cool game. the videos on Youtube of the combat system don't seem too impressive is the only thing stopping me from spending money on it. No demo? crap...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
looks like a cool game. the videos on Youtube of the combat system don't seem too impressive is the only thing stopping me from spending money on it.
Combat system is pretty awesome actually, and what anyone should expect from a BioWare game. But no, it's not a turn-based RPG. :void:

I had to turn this down game down to easy because this one boss was I had to fight in the first area I went to was ridiculous that and I'm not good at micro managing, and rarely pause.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Breed1Ghost said:
Berserk is the best skill ever =D
I agree on principle, of course, but I often find myself skipping over it in the heat of battle. Most enemies I come across are dead by the time I get a chance to activate it. :guts:

I do the most dmg in my group so I have plenty of time =D. It is awesome with that shield bash skill where the first 2 hits are normal and the last hit has a chance to crit. Doing 50-60 dmg a hit is awesome I need more stam tho I feel like i have none. I just put on my dragon blood armor and I also do not like the robotic like glowing eyes of the helm but its pretty cool.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I agree on principle, of course, but I often find myself skipping over it in the heat of battle. Most enemies I come across are dead by the time I get a chance to activate it. :guts:

Personally I try to activate before the beginning of a battle, to be sure I make the most of it.

Anyway, I've got some new of screenshots to post, but it's late here so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. Still, here's the best one out of the lot:

MassEffect.jpg

Connoisseurs will appreciate. :slan:

EDIT: The rest, with a super commentary:

Devour.jpg

The "devour" ability of a Reaver.

Golem01.jpg

A golem. I'm not impressed. :badbone:

Golem02.jpg

Haha, a swing and a miss! :iva:

Golem03.jpg

A swing and uh.. yeah whatever. :puck:

Golem04.jpg

A pretty badass punching motion. Is it clobbering time or what?

Golem05.jpg

My stone-shattering blows will triumph!

Ghost01.jpg

If it bleeds, we can kill it! :???:

Ghost02.jpg

Back to the void.

Dwarfslayer01.jpg

Dwarfslayer02.jpg

Those two are for Walter. He'll understand. :void:

Knockback02.jpg

Knockback03.jpg

This looks pretty cool when you see it in motion.

yesmilord

千年王国
So, like the rest of you, I have been mesmerized by Aaz's screenshots and have decided to purchase the game. Can't wait to slice some fools up :beast:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
Well, went ahead and bought the game on Steam thanks to Aaz's screenshots. :slan:
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I hope you're happy. You just convinced me to buy this game during the school semester. :azan:
yesmilord said:
So, like the rest of you, I have been mesmerized by Aaz's screenshots and have decided to purchase the game.
Aazealh, BioWare sent me your cut of their advertising revenue by mistake. Want me to forward it to you? :ganishka:

I love all your battle pics, they definitely influenced my decision to buy the game. But next on my list is Mass Effect, which I just bought on that recent Steam Weekend Deal for ten bucks! It'll be my first BioWare game ever! :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
I love all your battle pics, they definitely influenced my decision to buy the game.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying them. :guts:

Eluvei said:
But next on my list is Mass Effect, which I just bought on that recent Steam Weekend Deal for ten bucks! It'll be my first BioWare game ever!

A wise decision. You have to be ready for Mass Effect 2's release!
N7.gif

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Eluvei said:
But next on my list is Mass Effect, which I just bought on that recent Steam Weekend Deal for ten bucks!

I'm in the same boat. Man, 20 hours in and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Part of it is that I am really terrible at the combat (or rather, my teammates are) so I've had to replay many of the battles quite a few times (a certain krogan in some ruins proved especially frustrating). So far though I'm loving it, and it pretty much solidifies my idea that I just do not have the time to justify purchasing Dragon Age yet (as amazing as those screenshots Aaz has been taking are).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
I'm in the same boat. Man, 20 hours in and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Part of it is that I am really terrible at the combat (or rather, my teammates are) so I've had to replay many of the battles quite a few times (a certain krogan in some ruins proved especially frustrating).

You've got to get the hang of it, that's all. I'm sure you will soon enough, and when you do you'll start kicking major ass. :guts:

The key is to get your combat tactics set up so they work to your advantage and to get used to using the pause function to issue commands to your party members, it helps a lot. However I'm similar to you in that I'm not very good at micro managing or pausing all the time etc, so I just put the difficulty on easy and its fine.

I have also decided to stick with my Dalish Elf now which is pretty interesting.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
DA:O looks great so far but i'm still putting my purchase on hold until they release a copy that contains all the DLC and otherwise distributed bonus material. Truth be told, if there's one thing i hate about recent marketing strategies it'd be the awful pratice of day-one purchaseable DLC. Actually, scratch that. I'm all against DLC. If creators want to dish out extra content they should do so with regular expansion packs. It's especially frustrating when content is already present on a given game disc and can only be accessed by buying ridiculously overprized DLC online. That's just not right in my opinion.
Bioware already announced that they plan to release a rather significant amount of additional content that way. Not just for DA:O but also for the upcoming Mass Effect 2 and there'll also be some new missions for Mass Effect 1, which really surprised me after all that time. Let's see how this will play out. I'm on my toes!

Top Bottom