Anyone Else like the Ending????

Cloud Strife

Ive got a big sword to damn it!
Seems that everyone I talk to about Berserk hates the ending of the anime. I dont agree with them at all. I loved the ending. It was very original. Something about the not knowing that makes it so great. But that only lasts for about 5 minutes till you go online and find out what does happen after the rape fest. Anyways just wondering if any of you felt the same way.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
the unknown was really cool ... moreover i didn't get online to know more right after but perhaps 6-12 months, i don't remember ... the first time I knew ( on BSOM ) what happened to Rickert was really enjoying, since I was anxious about what happened to him. ...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was the best ending to any anime I've ever seen. The difference is that it's not a commercial ending, it's a literary ending. People REALLY want to see what happens in the end but disregard the power of the choice of the ending simply because they didnt get to see what they wanted... I know several people who gave up on the series after the ending.

Pathetic.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I loved the ending of the anime. It made me look into the manga and wander here.

[sarcasm]If not for the way the ending was, you wouldn't have my unique insights around here, or get to see my cool avatar.[/sarcasm]

Majin_Tenshi

My avatar is a 3D project that I've shelved for right now.
Its a golem designed to have none of the parts touching each other. Since a golem is theoreticly a magical construction, i figured it would be easier for the pieces to float.

It has legs that can't be seen in that picture. I shelved it when i couldn't think of anything to do for the arms. You can just see the shoulders in the picture, I think i scraped those.
When it is finished it will probably also have wings and a tail.

C

castrateme

I loved the anime ending. It was vile and disgusting... but that's just one reason I like Berserk so much.

But an even bigger reason I liked the anime ending was because it helped me dive right into the manga to see what happens next. The way the anime ended, it was almost like the whole point of the anime was to promote the manga. :p

Cloud Strife

Wise words

I thought it was the best ending to any anime I've ever seen. The difference is that it's not a commercial ending, it's a literary ending. People REALLY want to see what happens in the end but disregard the power of the choice of the ending simply because they didnt get to see what they wanted... I know several people who gave up on the series after the ending.

Pathetic

Wise words from a wise man. Even if they did continue. The manga ends with the King killing himself and that has nothing to do with Guts at all. So if they did run the anime through the hole manga then it would have been an ending that had nothing to do with guts world or people around him and THAT would have been really something gay. I also love the ending because its sifts out all of the Sailor Moon and Pokemon fans out of there. 8)

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Re:Wise words

Cloud Strife said:
Wise words from a wise man. Even if they did continue. The manga ends with the King killing himself and that has nothing to do with Guts at all. So if they did run the anime through the hole manga then it would have been an ending that had nothing to do with guts world or people around him and THAT would have been really something gay. I also love the ending because its sifts out all of the Sailor Moon and Pokemon fans out of there. 8)

And here I was thinking the manga was still ongoing.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Cloud Strife said:
It is. But if im not mistaken. That is where it has left off so far.

The manga is still going and I'm fairly certain the king just kind of died, he didn't kill himself (in chapter 127, Vol. 17).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
Cloud Strife said:
It is. But if im not mistaken. That is where it has left off so far.

The manga is still going and I'm fairly certain the king just kind of died, he didn't kill himself (in chapter 127, Vol. 17).
He had a heart attack when he had the dream of the Hawk coming to save him (release him from his pain) by taking Charlotte away from him. In a way, he was happy to finally see him again, so he could die.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
The ending? everyone I know except me, my brother and his roomates hated the ending all four of us feel that the ending was very sad but very very powerful. The manga is so much more vast I wish I could read japanese and I'm gonna have to rely on the people here for any translation because I cant find any lecture schools (ya know the ones that dont count for grades). I really wish though that they would've put skull knight in.

Cloud Strife

I think they should have at least included skull knight saving them and bringing them back to safety. That would have been a bit more easier to swallow and not quite so confusing.

Majin_Tenshi

That would be too much of a fairy tale ending.
Besides, it defeats the pourpose of leaving you hanging, forcing you to go buy the manga. That, and it would be weird(though, it would be completly [neither realistic nor natural are quite the right words]).

Top Bottom