The 'Amazon Comic Strip Superstar' contest

Hey all, I thought it'd be worth mentioning here - a really good friend of mine has had a comic in the Amazon 'Comic Strip Superstar' contest, which basically took 5000 entries of potential comics for syndication from the public, narrowed them down to 50 to be reviewed by professionals, and then to a final 10 for public voting, and she's made the top ten.

The voting page is here - the comic 'Girl' is the one my friend made - she spent a lot of time on it, and it'd be kind of a big deal if it got picked up for syndication, she's been making comics for over ten years now, but mostly webcomics, and book and merch sales from that, while actually pretty good from her comic which was popular when it was running, just wouldn't compare for a syndication deal.

Anyway, please do look at the other comics there, and I suppose you have to have an Amazon account to vote, but - if you could give the comic 'Girl' a look, and a vote if you like it, it'd be appreciated. :guts:
Anyway! Here:

"Girl: She's a kid who's awkward at school, awkward at home, and comfortable in the forest, where her friends all live. She has a name, but her forest-dwelling friends all just call her "Girl."

Tame compared to Berserk, but what isn't? :ganishka:

*edited for more obvious link: http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b/?ie=UTF8&node=2128878011

*edit 2: I forgot to mention, voting ends TONIGHT! I really appreciate your help! :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
CCS said:
The word 'here' is a link.

I found the comics to be pretty funny, and at least a lot better than some of what we have in the newspapers here. I loved the bird showing Girl the leaf. :ganishka:

X

Xem

I agree, that's a pretty awesome accomplishment. I love her style, count me in as voted! Tell her congrats even if she doesn't win. Makes me jealous I stopped making comic strips of my own, actually. Maybe I'll pick up the pen again one day.

Top Bottom