What my boss doesn't know...

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
What my boss doesn't know is that I am very weary about being paid less than $50 a day for 12 hours of work. I just took a sales job that's based only on commission. It's my first job like this and I am having all sorts of second thoughts mixed with excitement that I actually have a job. Plus I kinda like sales. I love walking around in a suit talking to strangers. Maybe I just gotta get better at it. It's only my 3rd day, after all...

What he doesn't know ...

I check out metal forums, anime forums a few times a day. I used to get on Facebook too, but I have that on my phone anyway, so it's one less thing. Every Thursday or Friday, I check out the OP manga from here, and yeah, I'm goofing around online as we speak :rakshas:

Oburi

All praise Grail
... is that I'm actually one of the better employees he has, but since he's such a tool and has a personal problem with me I'm always getting fucked around. He always thinks I'm up to no good, like he has it in his mind that I could care less about my job. It's totally untrue and he's the only one who thinks this, but he only sees me a few short times a week. Must be something about my face that he doesn't like or something.

I hate it when such a small amount of power goes straight to someones head. :mozgus:

I'm right there with you Oburi. I've run into a few of those types. Luckily, I have enough people to vouch for me, so it's not so bad on my end.

What my bosses don't know... I work in produce, and there are no cameras in our cooler. And while I'm in there inventorying our back stock, I help myself to whatever I want to eat. Even if they wanted to pin it on me, it would just be a "blind accusation." :guts: I make $8 an hour, and for what I give them, it shouldn't be a big deal if I steal a few bucks worth of food everyday.

X

Xem

BerserkMJM said:
I'm right there with you Oburi. I've run into a few of those types. Luckily, I have enough people to vouch for me, so it's not so bad on my end.

What my bosses don't know... I work in produce, and there are no cameras in our cooler. And while I'm in there inventorying our back stock, I help myself to whatever I want to eat. Even if they wanted to pin it on me, it would just be a "blind accusation." :guts: I make $8 an hour, and for what I give them, it shouldn't be a big deal if I steal a few bucks worth of food everyday.

That reminds of back when I was a line cook at a seafood restaurant. Our policy for food that got sent back was that it had to be thrown away, then one day we had 3 orders of fried shrimp sent back, so what did I do? Normally I'd try to eat some of it but this time I did the "right thing" and tossed it. Sure enough shortly afterward my boss (who made the policy) came up to me bitching that I threw away what he was going to eat for dinner. :ganishka:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
BerserkMJM said:

i take AA and AAA batteries from work (from time to time). i doubt they notice from the mountain of batteries they have.

BerserkMJM said:

I use to do the same thing until i almost got caught, then i move to the meat department and we usually just chill out the cooler reading magazines or leave early on slow days....ah good times

Yeah, produce is awesome. Couldn't do that in meats since most everything needs to be cooked. Dairy's the next logical place, but there are a lot of glass doors looking right out onto the floor. Way too easy to get caught.

Funny this has made my diet much healthier. I try new things when I'm stealing, and then buy them regularly now. I love Bolthouse protein drinks. Great burst of energy too. Never would have thought to try them otherwise.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
When I was in high school and worked at a grocery store, my favorite duty was restocking discarded items. I'd get to go through the aisles putting back products that weren't damaged. The ones that were damaged, we put in the back in a big bin for someone else to handle. But what's the definition of damaged or not damaged? For me, it was whether or not it looked tasty :ubik:

And NO this does not make me George Costanza! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHTcF4thLw

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm working all day on this beautiful Saturday (until 9 ugh) and whats worse is that I have to take one of those sexual harassment things. It's literally like 3 hours long and I can't skip any of it. Sooo ... I'll be on the computer for a few hours trying to kill time while this training video runs out. Unfortunately I can't go on facebook and my phone is dead :mozgus: Anyone got any ideas to help make this morning just a little less dreadful?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
I'm working all day on this beautiful Saturday (until 9 ugh) and whats worse is that I have to take one of those sexual harassment things. It's literally like 3 hours long and I can't skip any of it. Sooo ... I'll be on the computer for a few hours trying to kill time while this training video runs out. Unfortunately I can't go on facebook and my phone is dead :mozgus: Anyone got any ideas to help make this morning just a little less dreadful?
If you can't access FB, don't you have games installed in your phone for these kind of events.

My boss at the time didn't know, but about 8 years ago I worked in a sandwhich shop, and while I was making a toasted sandwhich, I cut my finger pretty deep with a bread knife slicing the bread. I grabbed a papertowel and wrapped it aroung my finger and slapped on another food service glove over the one I already had on, and finished making the sandwhich before cleaning up the resulting mess.
I probably should have thrown the whole thing away, but I didn't. To make things more ironic, it was a vegitarian sandwhich.

Btw I did check the bread before finishing the sandwhich.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Emp_Gaiseric said:
My boss at the time didn't know, but about 8 years ago I worked in a sandwhich shop, and while I was making a toasted sandwhich, I cut my finger pretty deep with a bread knife slicing the bread. I grabbed a papertowel and wrapped it aroung my finger and slapped on another food service glove over the one I already had on, and finished making the sandwhich before cleaning up the resulting mess.
I probably should have thrown the whole thing away, but I didn't. To make things more ironic, it was a vegitarian sandwhich.

Btw I did check the bread before finishing the sandwhich.
Note to self: Never eat at "a sandwich shop." Ever. Again.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
...That just now I caught a nice hardcore lesbian session at the parking lot of my work building... And it was fan-fucking-tastic! If I wasn't married, I'd play the perverted employee and try to "woo" my way in. Saddly, I had to kick them out.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Nomad said:
...That just now I caught a nice hardcore lesbian session at the parking lot of my work building... And it was fan-fucking-tastic! If I wasn't married, I'd play the perverted employee and try to "woo" my way in. Saddly, I had to kick them out.

Damn dude nice! You shoulda took some pics.

Nomad said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

turkitage

ターク
That I think I'm in love with her. I've worked under her for over a year and helped her a little through her divorce. We both work from home but do communications via phone/skype for business related matters. She has two kids and will be moving back to Atlanta (where I'm located at) in December. She said she plans on taking me to dinner for helping her but that could just be a friendly dinner. My head and heart is very confused. We'll see how that goes as it might be something I never tell her.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Turkitage said:
That I think I'm in love with her. I've worked under her for over a year and helped her a little through her divorce. We both work from home but do communications via phone/skype for business related matters. She has two kids and will be moving back to Atlanta (where I'm located at) in December. She said she plans on taking me to dinner for helping her but that could just be a friendly dinner. My head and heart is very confused. We'll see how that goes as it might be something I never tell her.

Good luck with that Turk! If she wants to take you out to dinner than there's a good chance she might be interested and share your feelings. Or maybe she just wants to hook up? Maybe that's what you need to do. Afterall, two kids... you ready for that kind of responsibility?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Turkitage said:
Try not to make it a big deal guy. Best advice I can give you is to just consider or treat it as a "regular friendly thing". She'll give you the hints if she's interested. She's been married and with kids? Ha! She won't be shy if she wants anything with you.

Top Bottom