There's something about Rakshas

I have read some previous threads on Rakshas, but questions about this character still spirals in my head. :rakshas: First of all, does anyone think that Rakshas could actually be a threat or an enemy to Griffith? Second, could it be possible that Rakshas is just nosy and harmless? :schnoz: Of course no one truly knows Rakshas' agenda, if there is one, until the time it unveils itself. I would just like to know what you folks think.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
the_ace_of_spades said:
I have read some previous threads on Rakshas, but questions about this character still spirals in my head. :rakshas: First of all, does anyone think that Rakshas could actually be a threat or an enemy to Griffith? Second, could it be possible that Rakshas is just nosy and harmless? :schnoz: Of course no one truly knows Rakshas' agenda, if there is one, until the time it unveils itself. I would just like to know what you folks think.

Well, he's definitely not harmless since he's an apostle. He's certainly not a threat to Griffith (or any member of the God Hand for that matter). Whether he intends to harm Griffith or not remains to be seen.

echoing the other two...Rakshas seems very intelligent though, surely he understands how powerful Griffith is and has seen him in action many times. I don't think he would claim something as ridiculous as that he would chop off his head if he didn't have SOME sort of secret plan/technique or theory on how to beat him...

I hope im not mistaking his intelligence due to his appearance and the way he conducts himself and not based on actual intelligent things he has said...is it safe to assume he is though? I personally see him as the most cunning and smart apostle.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Draculoid said:
I hope im not mistaking his intelligence due to his appearance and the way he conducts himself and not based on actual intelligent things he has said...is it safe to assume he is though? I personally see him as the most cunning and smart apostle.

While I'm sure he is smart, I wouldn't he's the smartest or the most cunning out of all the apostles. What has he done that classify him as such? We haven't really seen the consequences of his actions yet, I'm sure we will at some point (hopefully soon) but at this point we just don't know. Just because you want him to be the smartest and most cunning doesn't make it so.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
I don't think he would claim something as ridiculous as that he would chop off his head if he didn't have SOME sort of secret plan/technique or theory on how to beat him...

And why not? Griffith did not exactly take it as a threat.

Oburi said:
While I'm sure he is smart, I wouldn't he's the smartest or the most cunning out of all the apostles. What has he done that classify him as such? We haven't really seen the consequences of his actions yet, I'm sure we will at some point (hopefully soon) but at this point we just don't know. Just because you want him to be the smartest and most cunning doesn't make it so.

I won't comment on smartness, but as far as being the most cunning apostle goes, he certainly fits the bill.

He seems to know an awful lot of what's going on. He and Zodd seem to be the two Apostles in the know more than the rest of the group. Do they perhaps know Griffith's ultimate plan? Or is a mystery to them as well?

everymonday

If you understand this pic...
When does Rakshas get off Zodd's wing after Ganishka's takedown? Or Rakshas still hangs there?

That scene on the top of Ganishka's head can actually plant a seed of doubt in Rakshas' mind concerning Griffith. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
everymonday said:
When does Rakshas get off Zodd's wing after Ganishka's takedown? Or Rakshas still hangs there?

No way to know; we're not shown.

everymonday said:
That scene on the top of Ganishka's head can actually plant a seed of doubt in Rakshas' mind concerning Griffith. :schierke:

A seed of doubt regarding what? Rakshas already knew of Griffith's true nature, like all apostles.

Yeah I agree about him being like a spider in appearance in apostle form. His apostle form is actually something I've thought about quite a bit being as it's the only one we haven't been shown yet.

Considering we don't even really know what his body looks like, I feel as though there is a lot of of mystery considering his appearance in its entirety. He seems almost impossibly thin and can move and bend his body in ways that are quite terrifying. I feel like the body under his cloak may be really something but at the same time may never be shown.

I also wonder if they will make his apostle form something monstrous to contrast his slender cunning human form or maybe more realistically, one of the smallest apostle form creatures yet seen. I remember seeing just a handful of apostles during the eclipse that almost made me laugh. They were tiny in size and looked as though a regular human being could kill one in a fight if they got lucky enoughand had a weapon. I assumed that these were apostles spawned from the weakest willed humans but what if there was a similar sized apostle with immense power like Rakshas? Maybe impossibly fast and other strange powers.

Draculoid said:
Yeah I agree about him being like a spider in appearance in apostle form. His apostle form is actually something I've thought about quite a bit being as it's the only one we haven't been shown yet.

Considering we don't even really know what his body looks like, I feel as though there is a lot of of mystery considering his appearance in its entirety. He seems almost impossibly thin and can move and bend his body in ways that are quite terrifying. I feel like the body under his cloak may be really something but at the same time may never be shown.

I also wonder if they will make his apostle form something monstrous to contrast his slender cunning human form or maybe more realistically, one of the smallest apostle form creatures yet seen.

I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed that we do get to see his form prior to his apostle transformation. Like you said, the way he moves and the things he does are fantastic. As for his apostle form, I like the idea of it being spider-like. However, I wouldn't want to pigeon hole it to something so definite, though, as say simply a spider. Maybe one that could alter his size at will?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
As for his apostle form, I like the idea of it being spider-like. However, I wouldn't want to pigeon hole it to something so definite, though, as say simply a spider. Maybe one that could alter his size at will?

Right now, the only limit to what he could be is your imagination. :slan:

I know Miura rarely sticks cliches and the sort but the Snake is also a common animal relation for Rakshas character type. The fact he is also of a Middle Eastern inspired ethnicity also draws connections to snakes. We also haven't really seen "snake-like" apostle yet as far as I'm concerned. The flexibility and speed connection is there too! :rakshas:

IncantatioN said:
Errr the Snake Baron.

Oh GOD I feel like a fool....Ummmm...I guess I was thinking more of a full-fledged snake body that would be slithering/flexible and also alot more creative/demonic? Haha thats the best save I have for that terrible blunder :p

Jaze1618 said:
What about something from the amphibian family? I don't THINK they've been represented yet...

Is my sarcasm detector going off?! :ganishka:. It's true the possibilities are endless but iunno if I could make any arguements for it being amphibian in appearance. :p Theres at least some tropes there for the snake....though I already said Miura's anything but cliche. Gotta stop my imagination from wandering. lol

Draculoid said:
Is my sarcasm detector going off?! :ganishka:. It's true the possibilities are endless but iunno if I could make any arguements for it being amphibian in appearance. :p Theres at least some tropes there for the snake....though I already said Miura's anything but cliche. Gotta stop my imagination from wandering. lol

Imagine your great surprise when Rakshas is revealed to have the form of a giant tadpole with shoulder pads. :troll:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Based on the sound effects used whenever Rakshas moves, I don't think he'd end up being something as elegant as a snake.

Interesting, I actually never thought about his laugh possibly having any connection to his apostle form.... Haha I know I'm grasping at straws here but I do really like the guy. :rakshas:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Interesting, I actually never thought about his laugh possibly having any connection to his apostle form.... Haha I know I'm grasping at straws here but I do really like the guy. :rakshas:
Not his laugh, Rhombaad is referring to the sound effects made when Rakshas prepares to move or shift in size, which implies that he's dislocating bones. I won't testify as to the accuracy of it, but long ago someone who knew better than me said that it's the sound of bones shifting.

Miura uses small details like that in sound effects to reveal things about the characters. Another example is SK's armor making a hollow clanging sound when he eats Rochine's Beherit in vol 16 (*karang).

Walter said:
Not his laugh, Rhomboid is referring to the sound effects made when Rickshaws prepares to move or shift in size, which implies that he's dislocating bones. I won't testify as to the accuracy of it, but long ago someone who knew better than me said that it's the sound of bones shifting.

Mira uses small details like that in sound effects to reveal things about the characters. Another example is Sky's armor making a hollow clanging sound when he eats Richie's Behest in vol 16 (*Grange).

Oh wow, I never even noticed that sound effect! Well it certainly makes sense considering how insanely flexible he is, dislocation could certainly come into play. Nice touch Mira. :guts:

Top Bottom