Mozgus, not enough respect?

Im sorry if this topic seems random but the thought was kicking around in my head on the way to school this morning.

Though Mozgus is indeed a interesting character im not sure if peopel have really commended him on his actually strength. I am of course reffering to him in human form. Since i always assumed there was something ominous and strange about Mozgus like him being an apostle since first meeting him, smashing somones skull in with a bible,Dropping to his knees and smashing his face in the ground countless times each day, but i never actually reflected on how he was human all that time after reading through.

So is it safe to assume he is one of the strongest human characters ever introduced? Not of course in terms of combat skill since we didnt really see any and he doesnt seem like much of a fight, but in terms of brute strength?

Surely Silat, Azan or even Guts could break a skull that way or smash their face like that uninjured like that. :mozgus:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It's definitely safe to assume a man who can bust open another man's skull with a bible is pretty damn tough. :mozgus:

He's strong, but if Mr. Behelit Apostle didn't prick him, he'd probably be more of a pushover. Then again, that would be compared to, say, Serpico. And Serpico's a savage.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
smashing somones skull in with a bible,Dropping to his knees and smashing his face in the ground countless times each day, but i never actually reflected on how he was human all that time after reading through.

So is it safe to assume he is one of the strongest human characters ever introduced? Not of course in terms of combat skill since we didnt really see any and he doesnt seem like much of a fight, but in terms of brute strength?

Smashing your face on the floor does not require any strength. It's only impressive because of how crazy it is. Sure, he had good arm strength to be able to bash someone's head in like he did, but with a heavy book it doesn't necessarily mean much. I for one am not considering his physical strength to be particularly impressive. Especially when compared to the intensity of his religious fanaticism.

Draculoid said:
Surely Silat, Azan or even Guts could break a skull that way or smash their face like that uninjured like that.

Or even Guts? That wasn't well formulated. Guts could break someone's skull bare-handed.

Gobolatula said:
It's definitely safe to assume a man who can bust open another man's skull with a bible is pretty damn tough. :mozgus:

He's strong, but if Mr. Beherit Apostle didn't prick him, he'd probably be more of a pushover. Then again, that would be compared to, say, Serpico. And Serpico's a savage.

Jérôme could have easily killed him if he hadn't been transformed by the Beherit-Apostle. Or even the people who attacked him when he was introduced, had his disciples not intervened. Mozgus was no warrior and his years of self-mortification had taken a toll on his health. The guy would have definitely been a complete pushover for anyone had he not been transformed.

Death May Die said:
Something I always wondered about Mozgus just because I wasn't sure, his face is a Callus right? From head banging the floor right?

Something like that.

Ok but i think Guts strongest punch is with his iron arm...and with that sure, he can bust somones head but not even close to the way Mozgus did with his book (we've seen him punch people with it countless times). That book must be MIGHTY heavy to deliver the damage it did on that panel...><

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
Ok but i think Guts strongest punch is with his iron arm...and with that sure, he can bust somones head but not even close to the way Mozgus did with his book (we've seen him punch people with it countless times).

What? Guts makes faces explode with his artificial arm. Mozgus did not come close to doing that. But Guts has also practically killed people by just holding their face with his hand. Suggesting that Mozgus could have had more physical strength than him is outright ridiculous.

Mozgus is among my favorite apostle characters in Berserk mostly because of how is something of a gray character. By gray I mean to an extent one can't say he is absolutely evil or absolutely good (this could be said for quite a few of the other characters though). He took in people who had nowhere else to go because of their grotesque appearances (good), but he trained them in the art and execution of torture (Evil). Also, somewhat slightly off topic, Mozgus does hold some respect in the cat world.

mozguscat.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cujo the cat said:
Mozgus is among my favorite apostle characters in Berserk

But Mozgus wasn't an apostle. :slan:

Cujo the cat said:
By gray I mean to an extent one can't say he is absolutely evil or absolutely good (this could be said for quite a few of the other characters though).

I think it could be said for most characters. Rochine or the Slug Count weren't absolutely evil either.

P.S. That cat picture is great.

Aazealh said:
What? Guts makes faces explode with his artificial arm. Mozgus did not come close to doing that. But Guts has also practically killed people by just holding their face with his hand. Suggesting that Mozgus could have had more physical strength than him is outright ridiculous.

And Mozgus was already a quasi-apostle, hence his strength. I'm repeating this because some people just seem to forget.

Aazealh said:
I think it could be said for most characters. Rochine or the Slug Count weren't absolutely evil either.

A side note: You are distracted Aaz :ganishka:
I'm impressed that you didn't explain the whole Good/Evil concepts in the world of Berserk.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
fuxberg said:
And Mozgus was already a quasi-apostle, hence his strength. I'm repeating this because some people just seem to forget.

He wasn't when he crushed the head of that guy with his book of scriptures. It was during the specters' assault on the Tower of Conviction when he became a pseudo-apostle.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:

What? No. Mozgus was still human when he caved the guy's skull in with his book. He only became a pseudo-apostle when the beherit-apostle stung him, which happened much later.

fuxberg said:
A side note: You are distracted Aaz :ganishka:
I'm impressed that you didn't explain the whole Good/Evil concepts in the world of Berserk.

I didn't deem it necessary. I don't see what it has to do with being distracted.

Aazealh said:
What? No. Mozgus was still human when he caved the guy's skull in with his book. He only became a pseudo-apostle when the beherit-apostle stung him, which happened much later.

I didn't deem it necessary. I don't see what it has to do with being distracted.

Oh, ups. :farnese:

I know it didn't but you're always so thorough(?) couldn't think of a better word

I view Mozgus the same way I view Griffith. An Intriguing, Interesting character who also happens to be a complete and utter monster.
And his 'rage face'? Priceless.
Mozgus.jpg

Top Bottom