edited subs?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
someone told me that media blasters edited the subs to make them seem much closer to the dub. I mean it sounds reasonable since alot of companies do edit dubs.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
They didn't. They may have changed a few words to correct grammar of literally translated lines, but that's it. The dub is slightly rewritten, sometimes it sounds better and other times it comes off a bit oddly.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
theblakeman said:
They didn't. They may have changed a few words to correct grammar of literally translated lines, but that's it. The dub is slightly rewritten, sometimes it sounds better and other times it comes off a bit oddly.
NO!!! dubs are never ever better than what they say in japanese!!! also why wouldn't they have? they've done it to thier other works.The dub sucks

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
ShinHell9 said:
NO!!! dubs are never ever better than what they say in japanese!!! also why wouldn't they have? they've done it to thier other works.The dub sucks

Although I like subs inifinitely better than dubs and agree that Berserk's dub wasn't very good, I think you're overreacting a bit. Almost always, a sub script is different from the dub script, since it's allowed more freedom (dub scripts are written to fit mouth movements, remember). The only real changes a sub script would need to make, like blakeman said, are changes in wording (so it makes sense) and grammatical changes. Trust me, you don't want it to be absolute, literal english translation, it would pretty much be gibberish.

As I said before, I like subs better than dubs too, but there's not much use in criticizing and nitpicking the dub. ::)

Top Bottom