Episode 310

Fantastic.

Clearly Guts is not impressed. Can't wait for the translation.

Maybe the Captain still has a final-form boss attack? I don't think I count them done yet.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I cannot wait to get my copy of YA.

It was quite a rush seeing Guts massacre the hell out of that big thing. The cannon blast to the core was spectacular. I am in the middle as to whether or not I want this fight to last much longer. A big part of me thinks that Guts making quick work of the ship is *JUST* the thing to inspire their ship crew.

I think a lot of the joy of this episode will come for me once a translation hits. It sure feels good to be back on the 2 week schedule.

LOL Awesome. :ubik: I think the end was my favorite part. This is the 2nd time the pirates have faced a epic defeat at their own game. After their "monster" was defeated so easily, Guts and company blow them to pieces. Insult to injury. Overall thoughts from Guts "That was minorly inconvenient."

Guts looks like he completly regained his health, he's going crazy on that poor kraken like creature. All it wanted was to say hello and now look what happened.

I might feel a little sorry for it now.. :judo:

Death May Die said:
This is the 2nd time the pirates have faced a epic defeat at their own game.
It kind of reminds me the fate of pirates in Asterix
who prefer to chop their own ship than to face the mighty Gauls.

It's a fun EPISODE. Guts being his badass self and all. Plus it's been a while since common folk were like "Whoa, How can he wield a sword so huge with such ease?" (at least that what they seem to be saying).

But enough of showing off and badassery. Hopefully the next EPISODE will take us to Elfhelm. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In episode 308, there was a motif established that there's always something bigger lurking out in this new world's ocean. Since this huge beast was handled with such ease and competence by Guts and Roderick's crew, I wonder if another, larger threat will appear in the first few pages of the next episode to hammer home the danger and uncertainty of the world.

Otherwise, the lasting message of these few episodes has been that the world is full of dangerous creatures, but it's what Guts has been trained for his whole life so, no biggie. :guts:

Thanks!
Awesome episode I finally got my Berserk fix. :ubik:
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I did not see Guts collapse after his whirlwind of fucking doom. That's always a good sign that his health is getting better.

Yeah, but I was "hoping" that he'd only get better at Elfhelm. I was getting fond to the idea of a tired and sick hero that still could kick some ass. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
fuxberg said:
Thanks!
Awesome episode I finally got my Berserk fix. :ubik:
Yeah, but I was "hoping" that he'd only get better at Elfhelm. I was getting fond to the idea of a tired and sick hero that still could kick some ass. :guts:

Remember, he's still not 100%. Slan's wounds remain, it's only his minor injuries that have healed. Relatively easy fights like this one won't draw out the power of the armor and put him at risk again, but if something worse attacks them before they arrive at Skellig... :SK:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
WOW-EE! This was quite the treat. Although the whole episode was more akin to slaughter as opposed to a real "fight". :chomp: Chomp Chomp.
I really appreciate the panel that features guts gritting teeth and the swirl of cape. The similarity these tentacles have to hands is intensely creepy but cool. : D
My soul can rest at ease tonight, and bask in these beautiful images.

I'm guessing that's the end of the beast and the pirates, but wouldn't be surprised if there was
a greater challenge in store for the A-Team.

Rhombaad said:
Remember, he's still not 100%. Slan's wounds remain, it's only his minor injuries that have healed. Relatively easy fights like this one won't draw out the power of the armor and put him at risk again, but if something worse attacks them before they arrive at Skellig... :SK:

Perhaps this "easy" fight was just to leave Guts companions wondering about him, like an excuse to ask him about his past. And I think we're all eager for that little chat. :ubik:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
fuxberg said:
Perhaps this "easy" fight was just to leave Guts companions wondering about him, like an excuse to ask him about his past. And I think we're all eager for that little chat. :ubik:

Oh, I'm sure they're eager to learn why he's as good as he is. My guess, as others have already speculated, is that Guts telling the group about his past will happen either at the same time or very near to when Casca is being cured.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
You know, I like Roderick more and more every episode... at first I seriously thought he was gonna be some annoying asshole trying to steal Farnese away with cheesey romantic prissy bullshit, instead he's... a fucking badass who I really wouldn't mind getting a lot more screentime and character development. I just love that last shot of him ordering the cannons to be fired! :guts:

Honestly, (I know there might be a lot of Roderick lovers out there) but is it just me, or does Roderick have potential causality written all over him? Just me? I figured. :troll:

I know he's a small co-character, but he never seems to be up front in the story. I just wonder what the big picture is with him.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
flagawax said:
I notice, Guts scars's disappear .... :magni:

The astral wave that washed over the world is what cured him of his minor injuries. We've known about this since episode 305. If you're interested in the discussions had on this topic, feel free to search the episode threads made since then.

X

Xem

Wow, I'd almost forgotten how strategic Guts can be in the heat of battle. Using the cannon to propel himself and the Dragon Slayer with more power?! All that while he's just wakin' up too. Gotta say I laughed a little when he nearly took that seaman's head off.

Loved it so much I had to change the ol' avatar and signature. Now I'm officially a full-fledged Berserk fan, no more of that Harlock stuff for the moment. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Wow, I'd almost forgotten how strategic Guts can be in the heat of battle. Using the cannon to propel himself and the Dragon Slayer with more power?!
He's used this tactic at least twice before. It's one of his signature moves.

グリフィス said:
So it looks like he's doing another variation of the arm cannon/Dragon Slayer spin combo from the fight with Rosine's guardians (vol. 15) and later the battle with Mozgus' angels (vol. 20), except he's doing it on the same creature.

X

Xem

Haha yeah, as if Guts powering through with the Dragon Slayer wasn't enough, he uses a fuckin' cannon to boost his ability!

Walter said:
He's used this tactic at least twice before. It's one of his signature moves.

Yeah I felt as though it seemed familiar when I saw it. My thought was, "I've seen this before somewhere." It's just been so long. In my current re-reading I'm about 1/4 of the way through volume 20. It usually takes me about 3-4 hours (roughly 2 days with my schedule) to read through a volume now, as I pay extra extra extra attention to every detail now. The fight with Rosine, though seen many times, still seems like a distant memory in some regards to specifics.

Also, since I tend to get so caught up in the moment, Isidro and the seamen's reaction to this maneuver had me feeling like I'd seen it for the first time.

Only makes it even more ridiculously well-executed and overall amazing.

GO GUTS!

Feb. 12 can't come any faster, can it?

I think the implications of this episode is that guts has become either physically or spiritually (in reference to his effect on other worldly things) stronger. The guy wasn't focused and he was cutting through those tentacles without much effort. Maybe when he was healed by that wave of light his muscles, having endured many terrible injuries, have become stronger or when the worlds merge it gave him a spiritual boost.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Interesting, though at this point I think Guts is just in decent health. We've seen him go through this cycle a few times with the armor now, where one moment he's seemingly invincible, and the next he's laid up for weeks, paying the price.

Top Bottom