Conventions 2010

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Hi everyone! Another convention thread for all of you who are as much of a loser as I am! :troll:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That Casca is very impressive. I've only seen a few Berserk cosplayers at the handful of Fanime conventions I've gone to, so it's awesome that you were able to find some good ones, Link!

Now you have to show us YOUR costume. :slan:

Dar_Klink

Grail said:
Now you have to show us YOUR costume. :slan:
[image removed]
If you call my Friend shirt a costume :<
The other two are Varnani cosplaying Foo Fighters from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 6 and Hanyaan cosplaying Sakuya from Touhou project. We're striking some JoJo poses of course because we're cool like that. :troll:
and some of my favorite cosplayers besides the Berserk ones, MGS3's Naked Snake, Eva, and Ocelet doing Ocelot's signature ocelot cry! :ubik:
149r32s.jpg

I'll have a few more pics to upload when I actually get home and aren't using horrible Hotel wireless.

Yay! ALA.<3

Sucks I only went for 1 day, and I missed all the amazing cosplayers... :(
That cosplay of Guts is probably the best I've seen thus far. XD

Anyone planning to go to Anime Expo '10?

Dar_Klink

Kuroya said:
Yay! ALA.<3

Sucks I only went for 1 day, and I missed all the amazing cosplayers... :(
That cosplay of Guts is probably the best I've seen thus far. XD

Anyone planning to go to Anime Expo '10?
That's awesome that you were there! I don't think I'll make it to AX due to work schedule conflicts and the fact that I don't know if I can afford another trip to LA... We'll see though! :guts:

Oh, and if you can make it to Fanime in San Jose, Ca, I'd highly recommend going. From what I've heard, it's pretty much the best con around when it comes to the ratio of awesome stuff to do to how crowded it is.

Dar_Klink

Re: Conventions 2010, Fanime Memorial Day Weekend!

Fanime is upcoming once again! I'll be there on Friday, Saturday morning, Sunday evening, and Monday all day. I have to go home for work on some days :sad:
ANYWAY! GOBS AND GRAIL WILL BE THERE TOO!
http://www.fanime.com/
There's the info for all you fine fellows in or near Northern California!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Gobs and I will be heading down in the late morning/early afternoon on Friday. We're looking forward to hanging out with you, Link! :ubik: And of course, we're also anticipating searching for/stalking any of our fellow SKers.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Update: It was very fun and Link, you're a class act.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any Berserk cosplayers or fanart or much merch either. Though Me and G-Rail splurged on those li'l Gashapons. I got :ubik:, :puck:, and :casca:

Dar_Klink

Back home for a night and morning of work before I head back to the convention tomorrow. It was great fun Gobs and Grail! I'll upload the pictures of us later so all you other SK'ers can see what you missed out on, for now have a preview of how our lunch at this nice Mexican restaurant was.
1000352p.jpg

By everyone's favorite Grail! :slan:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Here's some pics from Fanime! I had a grand time. I look forward to more of Link's pics when he uploads 'em.

fanimesk02.jpg

Me & The Heavy, my favorite TF2 class.

fanimesk03.jpg

Mononoke Cosplayers (and some doofuses in the background)

fanimesk04.jpg

Yup.

fanimesk05.jpg

Hellooooooo Nurse!!

fanimesk06.jpg

Me with the greatest meme to ever live.

fanimesk07.jpg

Me with the greatest Grail to ever live.

The elusive Link

Good times, good times.
fanimesk09.jpg

Dar_Klink

Time to post some more pictures!
1000360a.jpg

A Shiek cosplayer!

1000344f.jpg

Nodame, from the anime Nodame Cantabile, in the mongoose mascot costume

1000371e.jpg

Hoshi and Sister from Arakawa Under the Bridge

1000355r.jpg

Celty, from Durarara, showing us how she communicates

1000403h.jpg

Full group shot of Durarara cosplayers

1000351e.jpg

After a while all the anime finally started getting to poor Gobbie, he hasn't been the same since...

There are a few more, but I think these represent the con quite nicely. I think the most fun I had was hanging out with Gobs and Grail on Friday and the Restricted Rock Paper Scissors game panel(from the anime Kaiji) on Sunday night. Hopefully next year I can get you guys to go for the full weekend! :slan:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
These are great pictures, especially the Ocelot one, It got me luaghing :serpico:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Dar Klink said:
Hopefully next year I can get you guys to go for the full weekend! :slan:
As long as you and I can 2-man cosplay The Beast of Darkness. I'll be the front and you can be the back.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Ha, I may or may not get dragged to that. :schierke:
Heh, so you coming?! It's in a few days ^_~ ... and if you're looking for a hotel to crash, let me know because we have some room, and it'll work out cheaper for all of us.

Dar Klink, where'd you get that white tee from!?!! It's ahhhhwwesome.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
IncantatioN said:
Heh, so you coming?! It's in a few days ^_~ ... and if you're looking for a hotel to crash, let me know because we have some room, and it'll work out cheaper for all of us.

No thanks, I live 15 minutes away.

Dar_Klink

IncantatioN said:
Made it using a nice big vector of that image and the shirt site www.artsnow.com .
I also made a Kaiji shirt and a 20th Century Boys shirt.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2725/shirtvector.png
Here's the vector, warning, it's HUUUUGE.

Speaking of conventions, I've been depressed that I had absolutely no way to make it to San Diego Comic Con :judo:
It's a lot more expensive, crowded, and sales out faster than any other convention I've been to. The place usually sales out in December, right after tickets go on sale. Hopefully next year! :puck:

Dar Klink said:
Made it using a nice big vector of that image and the shirt site www.artsnow.com .
I also made a Kaiji shirt and a 20th Century Boys shirt.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2725/shirtvector.png
Here's the vector, warning, it's HUUUUGE.

Speaking of conventions, I've been depressed that I had absolutely no way to make it to San Diego Comic Con :judo:
It's a lot more expensive, crowded, and sales out faster than any other convention I've been to. The place usually sales out in December, right after tickets go on sale. Hopefully next year! :puck:
Hey, thanks thanks! I'll use that site to whip something out ^_^ ... your tee design is soooo playful.

Top Bottom